2023 Srixon Experience
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
A few questions here.
Do your fairway woods match?
Have the same shaft?
Match your driver?

For me mine don’t match. Right now I have a Cobra LTDx driver with either the HZRDUS Blue or GD ADDI depending on my mood. My 3w is a TM M6, my 5W is a Sim 2 Ti. Both of those have an Oban Isawa 70g stiff flex shafts. My 9w is a Ping G425 Max with a Mitsubishi C6 Blue 70g in stiff.

I really like the Oban shafts in the fairways I was fitted into the M6 about 4 years ago and I reshafted the Sim 2. I have been thinking about putting that shaft in the 9w also.

I am thinking about replacing my 3w and would likely get fitted but could potentially pick something up and put an Isawa in it.

My woods all match and have Project X EvenFlow Riptide 60 Graphite shafts. My driver has a Project X EvenFlow Riptide 50 Graphite shaft.

They do indeed! All Callaway and they also matched shaft of my driver originally. That’s what I was fit to.

This is the first year though. Before this year, my driver, 3 and 5 were all different brands and had different shafts.

Nope. G400 Max Driver, Cobra 3W, Ping Blondie 5W

The do in my MC bag.

Yep, all Cobra Radspeed. I have settled well with them and they have become my go to clubs quite often, especially off the tee boxes. I do have a different shaft in my 7 wood and driver at the moment, but can use the same as the others without issue.

No match, driver graf tech lite,4 wood MCS filament wound, 3 iron Grafalloy.

Last edited:
I only have 1 and it doesn’t match my driver. It does match my hybrid.

Nah radspeed xB driver smoke blue
Tour edge 3w fubuki
Callaway UW 19* smoke black
Cobra radspeed 4h mitsu mmt

Yes Mizuno driver and 3W. Both with the exact same weight M-Fusion shaft.

My 3-5-7 woods match each other but not the driver.

I have one. They match. Driver is a different brand head and I was fitted for both clubs and fit for different shafts.

As shown in my signature, my driver and 5W match, same brand, model and shaft. As I was having problems hitting the matching 3W, I went for an easier to hit club that has worked out well for me for whatever reason - same brand, different model and shaft.

No. All different for me with different shafts. I have never had a driver or fairway wood fitting.

3w matches driver thanks to Titleist Experience. But I don’t think I’ve ever played the same shaft in driver and fairway, fitting matters too much to just assume one will work best in the other.

Ping Driver
TaylorMade 5 wood
Honma 21 Hybrid
Callaway 11 Wood

Yeah the one fairway I have matches my driver, but my shafts do not match.

Yup. Fairway wood matches driver and shaft. Makes it easier to transition between the two.

No FWs but my hybrids have the same shaft. I have the same brand shaft from driver down to my GW. My driver shaft is a stiff flex while all others are regulars.

I only carry one wood/metal and it doesn't match my driver in brand or shaft. I usually don't get along equally well with the same shaft profile in both. Not opposed to it, it's just the fit and what works best.

yes, the 3 and 5 are both Tour Edge

My fairways all match, Ping. I am not sure if my OCD would allow them not to match!

All my fairways are Ping G425 max. 5 wood has SR flex 3 wood shaft. 7 wood has standard flex 5 wood shaft and 9 wood has standard flex shaft. All shafts are Alta CB Slate.

Back