Do your wedges match?

Thechosen1

#Thistagwilltravel
Reaction score
Handicap
Umm well my AW and PW are TM but my "wedges" are the same both my 60* and 64* are Cleveland.

Canio

RIP Mario 2006-2012
Reaction score
Handicap
My Nike set came with PW, AW & SW. I have a CG15 SW and LW. I really like the CG15 LW, but I like the Nike SW better than the CG15 SW. So, I think that the CG15 SW is out for now. I also have a Callaway VFT 60* LW that I also love. Too many decisions!

Damaikis

Fairway Finder
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 6.2
My Nike set came with PW, AW & SW. I have a CG15 SW and LW. I really like the CG15 LW, but I like the Nike SW better than the CG15 SW. So, I think that the CG15 SW is out for now. I also have a Callaway VFT 60* LW that I also love. Too many decisions!
That's a lot of wedges! I only have the three I carry!

I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

MattyKrack17

MattyCaulk AkA DigDug
Reaction score
Handicap
Mizuno pw, callaway jaws 50-54-58. I use to think I had to match but this site opened my eyes to great equipment

MattyCaulk Aka Hawk hunter

SwampDog35

Reaction score
Handicap
I have Wilson irons and Adams wedges.

Tapping Roll Tide Roll all summer long!

Badger_Golfer

Reaction score
Handicap
Whatever works for you. I dont think having wedges that match your iron set is all that neccesary. For most of my golf career Ive used CB irons with blade wedges and never really saw much of an advantage using CB wedges.
I find that with blade wedges its easier to open the face and hit high shots because the sole is narrower. CB wedges are a bit more forgiving but Ive always felt that with wedges the shaft is short enough that you should be able to find the center or near to the center of the clubface most every time.

Dan McClellan

Reaction score
Handicap
Whatever works for you. I dont think having wedges that match your iron set is all that neccesary. For most of my golf career Ive used CB irons with blade wedges and never really saw much of an advantage using CB wedges.
I find that with blade wedges its easier to open the face and hit high shots because the sole is narrower. CB wedges are a bit more forgiving but Ive always felt that with wedges the shaft is short enough that you should be able to find the center or near to the center of the clubface most every time.
I'll second this (and CB wedges have never felt right to me).

Damaikis

Fairway Finder
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 6.2
I've never had a problem with different wedges having different feels. They're different lofts and used for different shots so I think even if they're the same model, they'd have different feels.

I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

bmwnola

Who Dat!!!
Reaction score
Handicap
i keep them the same.. dont want to start blaming my equipment when my wedge game sucks.. lol

johndeere10

Banned
Reaction score
Yup. 52 & 58TS Ping Tour-S wedges.

bmwnola

Who Dat!!!
Reaction score
Handicap
All TaylorMade xFT's!! They are beauty.

I've always tried to max my wedges. I hate having different club weights and types.
+1........

wawabau

Dark Lord of Sith
Reaction score
Handicap
Hey thanks for the input guys. I always think of the PW as the 10-iron and never considered replacing it with a 'real' wedge. My irons didn't come with an A wedge but when I replace them I'll definitely get a set that comes with one. It will probably overlap with my 52* to a certain extent but I'll see which one works better for me. As far as the 56* and 60* goes, I hope I can wait till the Mizuno R12's come out before pulling the trigger and getting CG16's too, they're just so tempting!

XirAurelius

Reaction score
Handicap
No, I don't match. I've got a Vokey 56* and a PING Tour-S 60*. I spent my round today using the 56* exclusivly, I've not had much luck with the 60*.

HuskAir

It's in da hole!
Reaction score
Handicap
Bogey+
I have a 52 & 60 xFT...love these wedges! Also have a 56 JAWS, which I also enjoy.

Xt1ncT-NZ

Englishman in New Zealand
Reaction score
Handicap
Mine match now that I've moved to :ping:

jefffann

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap
have a utility wedge that's part of the iron set so that's a match.Then I jump to a 60 which matches brandwise.
Has never been a concern of mine though to care about who makes it or what style it is.It's more about if I can be consistant and confident with it.

DrPatSr

Hope to break 80 in 13
Reaction score
I have settled into liking and using my Diablo Edge wedges as a set, PW, GW, SW, LW. They are so much alike, all I have to do is choose the right yardage, most of the time.
I've got a 62 degree Vokey, but am not using it currently.
I'm real OC about my clubs though, and wish the finish held up better on those used most frequently in the sand. Chrome ought shine, I think.

TylerD

Reaction score
Handicap
Right now I'm playing the Nike SV for my gap wedge, I got an AW with my burner plus set, but really like the feel of the Nike. I play a TM 60* RAC satin, pretty good wedge too. Doesn't bother me to play different clubs as long as I'm striking the ball good.

skywalker

Reaction score
Handicap
My wedges do not match. I have a 50.12 tour W ping, a 54.12 Vokey and a 58.08 Vokey. I really like the Vokey's and seem to be more consistent with them. I am considering replacing the Ping with another Vokey, but am not convinced it's the club that is the problem. It's probably mean but I am working on it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

Trout Bum

Regional Rival
Reaction score
Handicap
I have two different Mizuno wedges, I've tried and donated so many wedges over the last couple years that it's not funny. I like to stick to what works for me but i'm not affraid to try different clubs, and so far I really like the Mizuno stuff the best.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in