Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm a huge nerd in real life and one of my hobbies is watching documentaries. Let's hear some of your favorites.

I'm a huge fan of what Vice is doing and their work is available for free out there. The Vice Guide to Travel series is probably my favorite, but there are others I've enjoyed as well.

One of my favorites I've seen recently is called The Bridge, which was suggested via a thread here at THP.

Currently watching The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia.

GG and I watched one called the Cocaine Cowboys a little while back that we loved. It was so interesting about Miami in the 80s.

I scour Netflix for documentaries. I really enjoy stuff on Cartels, I watched one on JFK not too long ago that was good also.

GG and I watched one called the Cocaine Cowboys a little while back that we loved. It was so interesting about Miami in the 80s.

This was a great one. I really enjoyed it

• Staff

Loved that one. Old Griselda Blanco got sent back to Columbia recently and shockingly was shot dead.

I haven't watched a ton of documentaries, but I loved all of the ESPN 30 for 30 series that I've seen. I'm a sports junkie and they are really well done.

I love the Gangland documentaries they air on History. I could sit and watch a Gangland marathon for an entire day.

• Staff
I love the Gangland documentaries they air on History. I could sit and watch a Gangland marathon for an entire day.

I liked the one on the Bandidos.

If you have Netflix I think they have an amazing selection. I really enjoyed the Blue Planet documentaries as well

Loved that one. Old Griselda Blanco got sent back to Columbia recently and shockingly was shot dead.

I saw that.

I liked the one on the Bandidos.

I like the Gangland stuff and GG and I watch the CNBC ones about greed all the time.

I watched Restrepo on Netflix a while back and it was really good. Really intense story on the war in Afghanistan.

Anybody else watch the Vice stuff? The North Korea one is one of the most interesting and creepy things I've ever seen. Just started one about young people and heroin addiction the other day, but haven't had time to finish it.

I also really enjoy the "Locked Up" Series on MSNBC.

I watched Restrepo on Netflix a while back and it was really good. Really intense story on the war in Afghanistan.

I watched that in history junior year. It went hand-in-hand with a book we read and I really enjoyed it a lot.

Anybody else watch the Vice stuff? The North Korea one is one of the most interesting and creepy things I've ever seen. Just started one about young people and heroin addiction the other day, but haven't had time to finish it.

I have not, but you have me curious now

Hawk have you ever watched Man on Wire? It's about Phillipe Petit, the french guy who tightrope walked between the Twin Towers back in the mid 70's. It was rather good.

http://manonwire.com/

EDIT: If you have Amazon Prime you can watch it for free. Definitely worth a watch IMO

Thanks, ddec. I will check it out for sure.

TH - just google Vice. They have a website and all their videos are out on youtube as well. Not work-friendly by any means.

Hawk have you ever watched Man on Wire? It's about Phillipe Petit, the french guy who tightrope walked between the Twin Towers back in the mid 70's. It was rather good.

EDIT: If you have Amazon Prime you can watch it for free. Definitely worth a watch IMO

I saw it. It was pretty interesting. I heard him interviewed a few times. He was a real doucher.

I saw that one too. Very well done on an interesting story. That guy was really cool.

I saw that one too. Very well done on an interesting story. That guy was really cool.

Yeah I thought he was an interesting character that's for sure.

The Wild And Wonderful Whites is a great one. What a family!

Some of it has been very entertaining, but other parts are bordering on sickening. I feel bad for the kids that they are subjecting to drugs and violence. They'll never have a chance. I thought the birthday party for the grandma was weird too. Her kids just used it as an excuse to get high and didn't seem to really care what she thought about it. It's a good one so far though.

Back