My wife won't watch it with me because she doesn't want her view of him to be tarnished.

We've been watching The Movies That Made Us and have enjoyed it. There's some pretty interesting things we've learned about a few different movies we love.
The view about him as a person won’t change, he gets a very favorable portrayal…

Reactions: KEV
Watching a documentary called Pharma Bro on Hulu, and this guy Martin Shkreli is just so unlikeable.

Great documentary…

Watching a documentary called Pharma Bro on Hulu, and this guy Martin Shkreli is just so unlikeable.

Great documentary…
I will definitely watch that, did not know they had it.
That dude is an absolute menace to society but you have to respect the determination to succeed at all costs.

Watched "Get Back" just before the holidays. Really loved it. As a huge fan it rewrote the existing narrative of the "Let It Be" sessions. There were arguments and disagreements (George actually quits the band at one point), later in the sessions you could see how much fun they were all having.

If you are not a big fan, 8 hours of the Beatles may be too much. In that case just watch episode 3. If you enjoy then maybe go back and watch episodes 1 and 2.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

I will definitely watch that, did not know they had it.
That dude is an absolute menace to society but you have to respect the determination to succeed at all costs.
He’s definitely a Heel and they treat him like a villain in the doc… But I believe that the story is presented in a fair manner.

Watched "Get Back" just before the holidays. Really loved it. As a huge fan it rewrote the existing narrative of the "Let It Be" sessions. There were arguments and disagreements (George actually quits the band at one point), later in the sessions you could see how much fun they were all having.

If you are not a big fan, 8 hours of the Beatles may be too much. In that case just watch episode 3. If you enjoy then maybe go back and watch episodes 1 and 2.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk
I’m a fan of The Beatles , and I started it, but I realized that it was a bigger time commitment than I was willing to give at the moment. I’ll try to circle back to it.

Watching Bad Vegan and it’s pretty darn good so far.

Watching Bad Vegan and it’s pretty darn good so far.
At one point I was a Bad Vegan. I’m glad that phase is over.

Watched The Deepest Breath this week and it was pretty solid. My wife was bawling like a baby towards the end of it, but I'd recommend watching it.

The American Nightmare on Peacock is so good I watched it twice.

The Civil War -- Ken Burns

It's got a slant but a good overview. Civil War forums are available to discuss the topic.

Just watched ‘1968': The Year That Changed America on Max and it’s really good.

MLK, RFK, LBJ, and Richard Nixon.

Just watched ‘1968': The Year That Changed America on Max and it’s really good.

MLK, RFK, LBJ, and Richard Nixon.
Always looking for something new, and hooked on docs right now, I'll give it a shot.

One of my favorites is "A/K/A Doc Pomus", really unexpected, you can't make this stuff up. That's what I love about documentaries or even docudramas, if they're primarily fact-based. Also, "Crazy Love" is absolutely one of the most bizarre stories ever.

Back