Does Tiger King count?

I have not, and will not watch it.

Oh, you have to know going in that it's 100% stupid TV. I mean Carole could be a TV show all alone.

Oh, you have to know going in that it's 100% stupid TV. I mean Carole could be a TV show all alone.
Sorry, I don’t know who/what Carole is... person on that show I’m guessing?

Sorry, I don’t know who/what Carole is... person on that show I’m guessing?

Oh, yes. I guess I should've known that since you haven't watched it. I guess I must ask, why do you refuse to watch it? What do you know about it that influences that decision?

Oh, yes. I guess I should've known that since you haven't watched it. I guess I must ask, why do you refuse to watch it? What do you know about it that influences that decision?
Firstly, everyone is entitled to their opinion and if they chose to watch, that’s their prerogative; to each their own.

I myself have no interest in watching a film that could in any way benefit the captive breeding and abuse of wild animals for financial profit. These are beings who have no say, they can’t sign a waiver. And unfortunately with its release, this film will in all likelihood cause greater interest in general public seeing exotic animals in captivity.

That show is about real people, real crimes and real tragedies and after watching the trailer it seems like the writers/directors aren’t interested in telling the truth, they seem to play on stereotypes and would rather sensationalize for ratings.

Firstly, everyone is entitled to their opinion and if they chose to watch, that’s their prerogative; to each their own.

I myself have no interest in watching a film that could in any way benefit the captive breeding and abuse of wild animals for financial profit. These are beings who have no say, they can’t sign a waiver. And unfortunately with its release, this film will in all likelihood cause greater interest in general public seeing exotic animals in captivity.

That show is about real people, real crimes and real tragedies and after watching the trailer it seems like the writers/directors aren’t interested in telling the truth, they seem to play on stereotypes and would rather sensationalize for ratings.

I agree with that. I think much of the show and what happened in real life was tragic. I, honestly, feel dirty when going to Sea World now. MrsOG and my kids thought I was crazy when I made comments about going to see the prisoners perform when we took them to the Orca show. The problem is, our society is too hooked on money and as long as it brings it in, it'll continue. No one has any morals anymore. It's all about the money.

If you have access to EPIX and are a history buff, watch Slow Burn. It's a series on Watergate that concentrates on some of the lesser known participants.

I love outdoors documentaries, especially mountain related ones. Favorites I've watched recently are Free Solo, Meru, The Dawn Wall, Volcano, and Touching the Void. Planning on checking out McConkey soon.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

If you have access to EPIX and are a history buff, watch Slow Burn. It's a series on Watergate that concentrates on some of the lesser known participants.
I loved Slow Burn. I also listened to the Slow Burn PODCAST. I'm a Nixon fanatic. Kind of reminds me what we are going through now.

Watched PATERNO the other day on HBO. It was just ok. Not really a documentary but based on true story.

Love this kind of docs. Lost City of the Monkey God. Talking about the lost civilization under the rain forest which has overgrown their cities in Honduras. They are not Aztecs or Incas, they have so little known about them they don't even have a name.

Last edited:
Grant (History Channel) - Great
The Men Who Built America (History Channel)- Great
Washington (History Channel)- Great

Although they are not documentaries, ESPN does a fantastic job with their 30 for 30 series.

6,149 days the true story of Greg Taylor. Probably the best documentary I have ever seen

Watching the Jeffrey Epstein Doc on NETFLIX and the Lance Armstrong 30 for 30 on ESPN.

I've been waiting for it to come "to a streaming service near you" for a while but I want to see the Smartest Guys in the Room, about the Enron debacle.

"Explained" which I believe is a Netflix Original has several different episodes (docs) covering all kinds of different topics. It's pretty good.

Finally watched the Last Blockbuster and it was pretty darn good.

Finally watched the Last Blockbuster and it was pretty darn good.

And if we have any south Florida folks,watching that documentary brought back so many memories of Blockbuster Golf & Games. That brought me back to my childhood.

Decent documentary. Also reminded us that blockbusters all had a very distinct smell. Funny the things you remember.

If you haven’t seen White Boy Rick yet, you need to. I was hoping to see @Lions81 making an appearance. What a weird story.

If you haven’t seen White Boy Rick yet, you need to. I was hoping to see @Lions81 making an appearance. What a weird story.

that was a good doc. It shows how bad the movie was

The new documentary Son of Sam on Netflix is a pretty good watch

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
Watched a documentary called Dinosaur 13 on Hulu... Very Good story about a T-Rex fossil named Sue, Government over reach, & greed...

Anything narrated by Sir David Attenborough is well worth watching. He’s in his mid-90’s now and still puts out among the best if not THE best documentaries on nature, and natural history, ever made.

If you haven’t seen his most recent; “A Life On Our Planet” I highly recommend it. It is on Netflix. You won’t be disappointed.

Back