Dodged a Bullet Yesterday!

Another one to add to the list of the thousands of reasons I hate ladders.

I would like to see that list in the thousands, lmao.

@NEhomer -glad you’re mostly ok. I’ve done a lot of stupid things. I feel your pain.

Glad it wasn't more serious! My dad fell off a ladder and shattered his elbow, it's too darn easy to get injured on those things. I've still done some sketchy stuff with ladders even after seeing it happen to him, but as I've gotten older I'm a lot less willing to do it. My old "No Fear" t-shirts have been replaced by "Some Fear".

Just for reference for everyone 4:1 rule for every 4’ the ladder is up the wall you should have it off the wall of 1’ at the base.
For an easy way to determine this, set the ladder up and put your toes against the feet of the ladder. Reach forward with your arms level and you should be able to just grip the side rails with your hands. If your arms are bent, it's too steep. If you can't reach, it's too shallow.

Well the update is that I started this thread too early!

My foot was feeling better though I didn't golf for about 10 days. It was feeling pretty good so I walked 18 and I could feel it the next day. Played again a few days later and it started to burn. I stopped playing but the pain went up my leg and back and here a month later it's still nagging me. I made an appointment with my Orthopedic doctor but that's a month out. I played Sunday with a riding cart but that might be it for a spell; even that was painful.

I guess I didn't actually dodge the bullet....I'm out for at least a couple of weeks dammit.

My foot was feeling better though I didn't golf for about 10 days. It was feeling pretty good so I walked 18 and I could feel it the next day. Played again a few days later and it started to burn. I stopped playing but the pain went up my leg and back and here a month later it's still nagging me. I made an appointment with my Orthopedic doctor but that's a month out. I played Sunday with a riding cart but that might be it for a spell; even that was painful.

I guess I didn't actually dodge the bullet....I'm out for at least a couple of weeks dammit.

I hope you have a speedy and successful recovery.

Oh man. That is a real bummer. I hope it turns around for you.

That stinks.

Glad you are OK! That is one of my fears - my gutters are 20 feet up and my ladder setup is pretty shaky leaning against the house with me that far up. I feel like I'm playing roulette every time.

Some Winters ago, we had a succession of freezing rain, snow, then thaw, that filled my gutters with ice! I had to move a ladder up and down both sides of my house to chip ice out of my gutters and throw it to the ground, or risk them being ripped off the house. My heart was in my throat the whole time!

Back