Does a new golf BAG give your outlook a paradigm shift?

blueonblack

...tears on a river
Reaction score
It's one of those pieces of equipment that we need, but don't necessarily want to change.
I have a golf bag I love, but its getting old. Sun-faded. Fabric just starting to seperate with age in spots. All the zippers still miraculously work.
I feel like its a metaphor for myself in some ways. :eek::cool:
It's older sibling was a champ, and only a bad zipper kept him home.

But there are memories from when the bag was newer, and things were not so great in other ways in life. Its a reflection of who I was in many ways, and I'm wondering if a new bag will make my return to the game feel more fresh and carrying less "baggage" along with the ride for that first time back. I think so.... maybe that new bag will be a metaphor for change and new beginning and renewed hope? I guess we all need that in golf and life. The other metaphors.

I feel silly even thinking about buying a new bag having not even played again yet. But I got the clubs ready, so that was way more expensive.:devilish:
I won't even get into the other 4 bags I could use but don't like all that much. :unsure::rolleyes: I know where everything is in my bag in an instant. I don't really like to change just for this reason.

Does that big thing that carries around your golf babies mean this much to you too?
Is it just a fashion statement to start out, and becomes a part of you with time?
Or is it just the accessory of the season and changes with the winds?

Part of me too likes not having something looking too "new" and tempting to thieves in some ways.
Don't touch my babies. :cool:;)

I always think of a new golf bag when needed as a necessity. I really don't think of it as a new beginning per say. Buying new clubs gives me that feeling but not a new golf bag. I changed bags three times this year. I'm liking the Sun Mountain C-130 bag I'm using now though.

20200507_100630.jpg

It's one of those pieces of equipment that we need, but don't necessarily want to change.
I have a golf bag I love, but its getting old. Sun-faded. Fabric just starting to seperate with age in spots. All the zippers still miraculously work.
I feel like its a metaphor for myself in some ways. :eek::cool:
It's older sibling was a champ, and only a bad zipper kept him home.

But there are memories from when the bag was newer, and things were not so great in other ways in life. Its a reflection of who I was in many ways, and I'm wondering if a new bag will make my return to the game feel more fresh and carrying less "baggage" along with the ride for that first time back. I think so.... maybe that new bag will be a metaphor for change and new beginning and renewed hope? I guess we all need that in golf and life. The other metaphors.

I feel silly even thinking about buying a new bag having not even played again yet. But I got the clubs ready, so that was way more expensive.:devilish:
I won't even get into the other 4 bags I could use but don't like all that much. :unsure::rolleyes: I know where everything is in my bag in an instant. I don't really like to change just for this reason.

Does that big thing that carries around your golf babies mean this much to you too?
Is it just a fashion statement to start out, and becomes a part of you with time?
Or is it just the accessory of the season and changes with the winds?

Part of me too likes not having something looking too "new" and tempting to thieves in some ways.
Don't touch my babies. :cool:;)
Concur with the memories and I think you ask great question. I get attached to my old reliable golf bags. What I have done recently is use my old bags to take to the driving range and/or Top Golf. I can keep my new bag for the course but still use the good old one or two that I like for practice. I actually do better when I take just a few clubs to the driving range to practice, same for Top Golf - don't need every club in bag.

My new bag is pretty awesome...I don’t mean specs-wise but just looking at it. It says "you spend too much money on this stuff....but you look good." Look good, feel good...and once in a while, PLAY good. :LOL:

I purchased a new Staff bag in January.
My first time out using it my friends gave me a hard time.
So you think it's going to help you play better? Blah blah blah
I proceed to have my best round ever, started off with 7 pars in a row.

giphy.gif

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

It can certainly make a difference if you don't like your current bag for some reason.
I know that for me, my current bag gets on my nerves sometimes because its kind of a Sunday bag, so its a bit smaller. It was great when I was only carrying 7 clubs but now that Ive started playing a full set again, sometimes its a bit tight with 14 clubs and I struggle to get a club into the bag sometimes, not to mention I can see the wear already from my clubs rubbing together. Just today my putter had a little scuff mark on the face from my chipper rubbing on it. Its not a big deal and nothing that wouldn't come off with some elbow grease but it was annoying and Im debating buying an inexpensive cart bag that is bigger and has a 14-way divider.
My thing is just not wanting to spend the money when my current bag isn't falling apart yet. I'll probably just get a cheap Top-Flite bag for $80 and call it a day, instead of spending $200 on another Sun Mountain. With golf season kind of start to wind down here in Ohio (probably be putting the clubs away in a couple months anyways) and with my wife and I buying a house in the next couple of weeks, I just find myself not wanting to blow a lot of money on a bag.

I'm on my third Sun Mountain C-130, have been using them for quite a few years because I like the quality/durability and love the layout of all the pockets. Getting a new one is nice because I always go with a different color from the last one, so it's something new and fresh, but the best part is that I know exactly where everything is because the storage layout is virtually identical.

Having bought a new bag this year, I can somewhat understand. But I also very much feel that it’s part of your equipment and it’s a wear item.

I like the keep it for other clubs suggestion.

Oh yeah. Extra clubs are in the old bags. (y)
I've always had, you guessed it, blue or black bags.
One black one with orange that didn't last.
I like my orange and black headcover though. People probably think I'm a Tiger homer, but it just worked out that way. :ROFLMAO:
Sometimes making your opponents think weird **** about you can help. ;):LOL:

Back