Does anyone prefer their original grip to an oversize grip?

I had always used a standard-size grip prior to getting my SeeMore, but I went with an oversized grip on it and I'm liking it. I suspect I won't go back.

As far as I know, typically you can't get the old grip back when you regrip a club, as they typically cut the old grip off. However, a new grip in your old size won't be very expensive.

I had a smaller Iomic grip on my Seemore, then went to the UltraSlim Superstroke and hated it.

Back into a midsize Golf Pride grip, and love it. (Really should have just gone back to another Iomic, but could not find one in my area at all)

Years ago I had a Rossa mallet, thing had the smallest pistol grip on it I had ever felt. Made the mistake of switching it to a 2Thumb paddle grip... messed up my putting for a very long time.

I've just started using my first non-stock putter grip in the last few weeks and it is a Winn Jumbo Lite. I'm liking the big grip, though it feels really light and that sort of throws off the balance for me. I just need to practice putting, lol.

I like most original grips, the "standard" size, but I had to change the grip on my Betti, it was so slim, that it was like if there were no grip. Supersize grips don't work for me, I need to feel the club in my hand, gives me better control for power.

My FGP purchase came with a Winn Lite Jumbo and it was a big change but I am enjoying the size and putting better. Making a lot more putts inside 10'.

I use jumbos on all of my clubs. I just sent my SC back for one of their midsize grips. (their largest)

I tried the jumbo grip and just about hated it.. after 1.5 rounds I wanted to rip it off the putter right on the course... I wanted till the round ended of course and went right to the golf shop and had a "normal" grip put back on.

ive tried standard jumbo midsize. now im back to a regular scotty grip and like how it feels

I just switched to a mid sized putter grip and love it. I got the Winn with the martini glasses on it and feel so much more in control of the stroke, it works well for me.

Putter grips shapes and sizes are huge. I'm a big fan of the Winn Mid sized but with my new SeeMore I got their standard Golf Pride and the shape on that one is awesome. Just feels like it fits perfectly in my hand.

Last edited:
.... I'm a big fan of the Winn Mid sized ... just feels like it fits perfectly in my hand.

I totally agree. I don't have to hold on to my putter with this grip. I just put my hands on it and it stays there. I will never go back to the smaller grip.

I definately prefer my mid-size Super-Stroke Ultra Slim

I've tried the oversized putter grips out but just didn't care for them. I think it's all about what feels good in your hands and works best for you.

I've never changed a grip on my putters

Back