Does Color Influence You?

hedley_lamarr08

Nothing to see here. Just a random dude.
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I don’t like raw finishes on anything because I hate rust. The Cobra King Tec hybrid doesn’t bother me but I don’t care for it on TaylorMade. Maybe just to much of a contrast. I don’t care what the bottom of a wood looks like.

Hitsnmisses

Reaction score
Handicap
I am ambivalent re colours , white drivers whilst look ok are a no contrast with ball and also blur more when in motion. Broadly don’t have anything rule in or out depends more on functionality and fit for me …. When using a club , ie playing a stroke you don’t see anything other than top line and face or head of fairway so for me it’s minimal influence generally
Yes there will
Be extremes or exceptions also

Hitsnmisses

Reaction score
Handicap
Jb , mentioned sound also , lve stated previously on other threads zero influence as it’s post strike your reaction to that response .Colour is more a static aesthetic, and made my point earlier ,maybe it me not getting fazed by trivial stuff and more functional orientated .

Bryndom

THP Fan
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 16
It does influence me but I think other things may matter more to me. For example, I prefer a matte finish on my woods. If the bottom was blue or orange, it wouldn’t matter and I’d be inclined to still purchasing it over a glossy finish

MattyD-MPLS

Captain for The 2021 Grandaddy
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
+0.7
I would prefer black irons but if they aren’t available I am ok with it.

Jimmy3864

“JimmyD”
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I’m not a big fan of bright colors on the crown of woods which is probably why I have never owned. I have had white and black but lean towards black, doesn’t matter if gloss or flat, both are fine.

Jason89er

Putter over Driver but Driver is catching up!
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Satin chrome and matte or flat black is my preference. But it’s never a deal breaker. Rocked my blue Cobra Fly Z Driver for 2 years before my Ping G400 Max unseated it. That was a performance choice. Certainly not a color one.

hackitup

Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Colors I can see? I’m more of the type that won’t be drawn in but can be turned off. Colors that aren’t visible at address? I don’t care. As long as the steel isn’t too shiny I’m good. Now the black and red BH irons, that caught my eye hard. Black irons with a nice accent color? That’s purty with almost zero chance I’ll catch some glare off the club.

zoveracker

Member of the 2021 Paradise Morgan Cup Team
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
The only club color I care about is the driver crown. I want it to be black with little decoration.
For some reason I do not mind colors on the rest of my clubs.

O'Carroll

O'verrated
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Fat Calves
As I’ve gotten way less serious about the game, I find myself caring less and less about color. There was a day I wouldn’t be caught dead playing a red driver, blue putter, or two-tone fairways. I even went as far as hating on matte finish drivers (they seemed to look even bigger to me), but loving matte fairways and hybrids (thinking they looked tough). I almost prefer the loud and obnoxious now.

rlewis1323

#THPFunkoFam
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
left eye
Design maybe but I think I’d be ok with any color as long as the design fits my eye. I could probably get on board with anything if that requirement is met.

Cruskater

Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
7 to 17
I generally can get over it if the club performs for me. I like shiny new things so definitely glossy over matte. I had black pearl cg 16 irons a while back and man they looked great until the finish wears.

I like the satin finish on a lot of clubs. Not as much solar glare.

robrandalgz

AKA skinsscalper
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Color certainly turns my head and I've resisted certain lines because of the color scheme (Mavrik) but I'm willing to try most anything regardless of color scheme. I wasn't a fan of the Speedzone drivers because of color scheme. I ended up buying a Speedzone driver anyway and it's probably the most favorite driver I own. I've never hit a Mavrik club that I liked, for the record.

GolfTravelDude

Team Hackers 2021 Morgan Cup
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Need a dark head on my woods...No white.

robrandalgz

AKA skinsscalper
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I think it's a big factor for me. If the club is just ugly, I can't use it, no matter how good it performs because I just can't get confident with something that I don't like aesthetically.
Precisely the reason that I won't play a mallet putter. I don't care what the data says (if it indeed insinuated that a mallet works better for me). I can't stand to look at them at address. If I hate it, I won't trust it. If I don't trust it, it's just a matter of time before it's trash fodder.

Djack

2021 Titleist Experience
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I like dark over chrome finishes In my sand and lob wedge. Everything else is all about does it work for me.

Cinco

Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
6.5 GHIN
Color doesn't matter to me, but it might be because most clubs come in pleasing colors. If I could only choose between hot pink and vomit colored club heads, I think it would matter.

J4U

IronMan
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Mental
Have been teased a lot by satin and other variations...but the dark always brings it home.

Now that I've gone dark in the wedges too, it takes a little away. I've liked the variations between the approach and scoring clubs. Letting me know this is a "more" important shot.

I like the variations but having a dark club and a dark wedge previously, it's semantics.

Know what your swinging and score with whatever flavor it is.

Still...dark it is.

fuffle master

Shaft it Up!!
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
What I would have thought before reading this thread, is that color wouldn't make much difference to many. I know I am very partial to color choices. Shafts, grips, and heads. I will turn away from a club or not even test a club if I don't like what it looks like color-wise.

Maric

Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Not if they live up to their performance but I will admit that the I love my blue Revas

blugold

Autobots, roll out!
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
12 or so.
Color can be fun. I am skeptical with woods though. Color schemes are less important.

erock9174

Reaction score
Handicap
I’m all in if it has neon yellow/lime. And if it doesn’t I’ll add paint fill 😀
Otherwise I stick with a scheme that is more neutral. for example my i200 irons

I’ve tested the RadSpeed line over and over cause I love the colorway but just can’t get it to click for me.

funkysi

Reaction score
Handicap
definitely. The less the better.

golfinnut

PENGUINS SUCK!
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
HEAT!
If the color is visible to me at address, it plays a big role. If it is just paint fill, sole or cavity coloring that is not visible at address, not near as much.
What he said ^^^^^^^^^^ (y)

TheDoctor

One of the UK Hackers
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
6.2 (WHS)
For irons/wedges I am not a fan of the rust look, but I don't mind satin/chrome/black finishes

Drivers and fairways I am not bothered about the colour on the sole of the club, but if the crown is too busy then I will likely pass regardless of what colour combination it might have

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in