Does Color Influence You?

I don’t like raw finishes on anything because I hate rust. The Cobra King Tec hybrid doesn’t bother me but I don’t care for it on TaylorMade. Maybe just to much of a contrast. I don’t care what the bottom of a wood looks like.

I am ambivalent re colours , white drivers whilst look ok are a no contrast with ball and also blur more when in motion. Broadly don’t have anything rule in or out depends more on functionality and fit for me …. When using a club , ie playing a stroke you don’t see anything other than top line and face or head of fairway so for me it’s minimal influence generally
Yes there will
Be extremes or exceptions also

Jb , mentioned sound also , lve stated previously on other threads zero influence as it’s post strike your reaction to that response .Colour is more a static aesthetic, and made my point earlier ,maybe it me not getting fazed by trivial stuff and more functional orientated .

It does influence me but I think other things may matter more to me. For example, I prefer a matte finish on my woods. If the bottom was blue or orange, it wouldn’t matter and I’d be inclined to still purchasing it over a glossy finish

I would prefer black irons but if they aren’t available I am ok with it.

I’m not a big fan of bright colors on the crown of woods which is probably why I have never owned. I have had white and black but lean towards black, doesn’t matter if gloss or flat, both are fine.

Satin chrome and matte or flat black is my preference. But it’s never a deal breaker. Rocked my blue Cobra Fly Z Driver for 2 years before my Ping G400 Max unseated it. That was a performance choice. Certainly not a color one.

Colors I can see? I’m more of the type that won’t be drawn in but can be turned off. Colors that aren’t visible at address? I don’t care. As long as the steel isn’t too shiny I’m good. Now the black and red BH irons, that caught my eye hard. Black irons with a nice accent color? That’s purty with almost zero chance I’ll catch some glare off the club.

The only club color I care about is the driver crown. I want it to be black with little decoration.
For some reason I do not mind colors on the rest of my clubs.

As I’ve gotten way less serious about the game, I find myself caring less and less about color. There was a day I wouldn’t be caught dead playing a red driver, blue putter, or two-tone fairways. I even went as far as hating on matte finish drivers (they seemed to look even bigger to me), but loving matte fairways and hybrids (thinking they looked tough). I almost prefer the loud and obnoxious now.

Design maybe but I think I’d be ok with any color as long as the design fits my eye. I could probably get on board with anything if that requirement is met.

I generally can get over it if the club performs for me. I like shiny new things so definitely glossy over matte. I had black pearl cg 16 irons a while back and man they looked great until the finish wears.

I like the satin finish on a lot of clubs. Not as much solar glare.

Color certainly turns my head and I've resisted certain lines because of the color scheme (Mavrik) but I'm willing to try most anything regardless of color scheme. I wasn't a fan of the Speedzone drivers because of color scheme. I ended up buying a Speedzone driver anyway and it's probably the most favorite driver I own. I've never hit a Mavrik club that I liked, for the record.

Need a dark head on my woods...No white.

I think it's a big factor for me. If the club is just ugly, I can't use it, no matter how good it performs because I just can't get confident with something that I don't like aesthetically.
Precisely the reason that I won't play a mallet putter. I don't care what the data says (if it indeed insinuated that a mallet works better for me). I can't stand to look at them at address. If I hate it, I won't trust it. If I don't trust it, it's just a matter of time before it's trash fodder.

I like dark over chrome finishes In my sand and lob wedge. Everything else is all about does it work for me.

Color doesn't matter to me, but it might be because most clubs come in pleasing colors. If I could only choose between hot pink and vomit colored club heads, I think it would matter.

Have been teased a lot by satin and other variations...but the dark always brings it home.

Now that I've gone dark in the wedges too, it takes a little away. I've liked the variations between the approach and scoring clubs. Letting me know this is a "more" important shot.

I like the variations but having a dark club and a dark wedge previously, it's semantics.

Know what your swinging and score with whatever flavor it is.

Still...dark it is.

What I would have thought before reading this thread, is that color wouldn't make much difference to many. I know I am very partial to color choices. Shafts, grips, and heads. I will turn away from a club or not even test a club if I don't like what it looks like color-wise.

Not if they live up to their performance but I will admit that the I love my blue Revas

Color can be fun. I am skeptical with woods though. Color schemes are less important.

I’m all in if it has neon yellow/lime. And if it doesn’t I’ll add paint fill 😀
Otherwise I stick with a scheme that is more neutral. for example my i200 irons

I’ve tested the RadSpeed line over and over cause I love the colorway but just can’t get it to click for me.

definitely. The less the better.

If the color is visible to me at address, it plays a big role. If it is just paint fill, sole or cavity coloring that is not visible at address, not near as much.

What he said ^^^^^^^^^^ (y)

For irons/wedges I am not a fan of the rust look, but I don't mind satin/chrome/black finishes

Drivers and fairways I am not bothered about the colour on the sole of the club, but if the crown is too busy then I will likely pass regardless of what colour combination it might have

Back