Cleveland RTX ZipCore vs CBX2 Wedges

Great data. Thank you for sharing. I need to upgrade my 60 and was looking intensely at the ZC, but need more forgiveness than performance, so the CBX might be my new addition.

Coming off knee surgery and was able to get swings in today for the first time with some wedges off the mat. The 54 mid ZipCore was feeling great and I am really dialing in some numbers. Was getting pretty accurate for the 65-85 yard shots!

Forgiveness matters in all things in life.

Coming off knee surgery and was able to get swings in today for the first time with some wedges off the mat. The 54 mid ZipCore was feeling great and I am really dialing in some numbers. Was getting pretty accurate for the 65-85 yard shots!
That’s fun.

Nate [ATTACH type="full said:
8994993[/ATTACH]

They making you go fetch your own balls?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What range is that ? I hit at Windmill in Macedonia yesterday. At least it’s covered and heated.

It’s the place on 619 next to Rolling Greens Putt Putt and New Baltimore Ice Cream. It’s a gem! Self serve machine. Not ice cream, just balls.

It’s the place on 619 next to Rolling Greens Putt Putt and New Baltimore Ice Cream. It’s a gem! Self serve machine. Not ice cream, just balls.
Gotcha. I didn’t know they stayed open year round

I am 70 years old , 18 hdcp. 7 iron carry 140-145. I have played extensively wedges Mizuno s7's, rtx 588's, Vokey, Calaway md3's in 56, 60 and my rogue x A wedge, G wedge. I tried the cbx wedges and loved the consistency on the distance control on-off the sweet spot contact. I switched back and forth between my others and just eventually just settled in with the cbx for my 56/60 gamer. They just hit the numbers and after hole-outs from 70 yards in they are just easy to hit straight, just money. when the cbx2's came out I tried a 50 to compare against my rogue Gap wedge. Basically, The distance was the same with the rogues with consistently higher flight. On the launch monitor, I spun the cbx2 about 3k more spin and when I played them the cbx2 was just easier to stick greens. Now here is the most important thing to me was the distance consistency. My rogues were hot off the face and depending on where on the face just too random. I eventually replaced the A wedge with a 46 cbx2. The cbx2 is just so consistent on distance and spin. The cbx's are GI's but when you need to score I just keep gaming them. I did find a difference between the cbx2 and cbx. The cbx2's just feel more like a conventional wedge vs the cbx. The original cbx did have sort of a CB feel but with the CBX2 Cleveland hit the nail on the head for feeling like a smooth buttery feel. I found the CBX2's to spin more than the original cbx. I use these 4 wedges for 105 into and around the green, chips, and short pitch, bunkers. I have tried the new zip cores and found them awesome, but I have hit so many great shots with the cbx's , I really can't see not gaming them. I am seriously thinking about replacing my cbx 56/60 with cbx2's. My 56 is starting to wear. It still is pretty darn good-looking considering it sees a lot of use.

I believe it can help most golfers.

I believe it can help most golfers.
I’d agree. The overwhelming majority would have way more fun in their games with, say, a CBX2 in the bag versus a traditional bladed wedge.

I’d agree. The overwhelming majority would have way more fun in their games with, say, a CBX2 in the bag versus a traditional bladed wedge.

Yep, it’s funny how most golfers obsess over getting some extra forgiveness in their iron set and then only consider blades for their wedges which are the scoring clubs. Especially when visually at address you don’t have to look at any of the extra forgiveness.

8F5105B6-2DCF-4F6A-86AF-1D129666F178.jpeg

Yep, it’s funny how most golfers obsess over getting some extra forgiveness in their iron set and then only consider blades for their wedges which are the scoring clubs. Especially when visually at address you don’t have to look at any of the extra forgiveness.

View attachment 9029933
Yup, that’s the biggest thing, people won’t try them sometimes and claim they don’t look right at address to them…but they look just like a bladed wedge. :LOL:

Really interesting video and thread. Have been looking to experiment with new wedges, both blade and CB. The latter would be new to me, but potentially the answer for more consistency/game improvement. Thanks for posting the video!

Read thru this thread over the past 2 days. Great information and discussion in here. My only question is...

Can we run this one back with the RTX6 Zipcore and CBX2 Zipcore gents?

I can't promise you @Canadan level content, but I'll be testing both of them pretty soon here.
I'm sure it'll be good my man! Looking forward to it as I'm really waffling between the 2.

I'm sure it'll be good my man! Looking forward to it as I'm really waffling between the 2.

Cool! I'm sure I'll have a ton to say. My plan is to have both in the bag once we get this Srixon Experience ordering done. Probably 46/50 CBX and 54/58 RTX.

Cool! I'm sure I'll have a ton to say. My plan is to have both in the bag once we get this Srixon Experience ordering done. Probably 46/50 CBX and 54/58 RTX.
I'm thinking about new wedges, and this is similar to what I'm thinking. 50 and 54 CBX, 58 RTX. Makes a ton of sense especially if you're coming from the ZX4, even the ZX5.

I'm thinking about new wedges, and this is similar to what I'm thinking. 50 and 54 CBX, 58 RTX. Makes a ton of sense especially if you're coming from the ZX4, even the ZX5.

That's exactly where I'm coming from :drinks:

What's cool is that the sole design on the CBX almost mimic the VT sole in many ways. I'm not a big set AW fan, yet still looking for full-swing forgiveness. For me, it's almost a no-brainer.

That's exactly where I'm coming from :drinks:

What's cool is that the sole design on the CBX almost mimic the VT sole in many ways. I'm not a big set AW fan, yet still looking for full-swing forgiveness. For me, it's almost a no-brainer.
Huge fan of anything VT sole! While not always full swing, my 50 and 54 are 3/4 usually. But I still think the forgiveness benefit is there for shots 100-120 out.

Huge fan of anything VT sole! While not always full swing, my 50 and 54 are 3/4 usually. But I still think the forgiveness benefit is there for shots 100-120 out.

For sure. Even if it's 2-3%, you're looking at a shorter putt.

I previously played the ZX5 with the CBX Zipcore 48/52/56. Your absolutely right about the V-sole. The CBX wedges blend absolutely seamlessly into the Srixon irons from a performance standpoint.

Back