Does Tiger Win Another Major This Year?

Back9Bully

Golf is deceptively simple
Albatross 2023 Club Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Coming off a stellar win at Augusta, Number 82 at Zozo, and a nail biting but unbelievable come back at the Presidents Cup.
Will Tiger carry that energy into 2020 and win another big Major and close in on Jack?

Ready....GO!

Last edited:
I always think he could win another one. Only one that’s getting out of reach for him now is the US Open and that window isn’t closed yet.

YES!!! I'm calling for back to back Masters wins.

YES!!! I'm calling for back to back Masters wins.

I like the way you think KEV!

I'd really like to see him capture the US Open or The Open Championship this year....as well as Augusta ;)

I give him a 10% chance at Augusta, 6% at the PGA, 5% at the US Open, and a 12% at The Open.

That gives him a 30% chance of winning at least 1 major. So if we played this season out 10 times he would win at least 1 major 3 times and no majors 7 times according to my odds.

I give him a 10% chance at Augusta, 6% at the PGA, 5% at the US Open, and a 12% at The Open.

That gives him a 30% chance of winning at least 1 major. So if we played this season out 10 times he would win at least 1 major 3 times and no majors 7 times according to my odds.

I’ll have to trust your math because I’m not going to check it.

I think somewhere he's going to win this year. As a prognosticator I've always stunk. Do I think he could win a major this year, hell yes. I'm just not sure which one though.

I think he has a solid chance to win another major this year. Of the 4, I think his best chances are the Masters and PGA Championship. A large part of that is they are early in the season when he is most likely going to be the healthiest and most ready to go.

I am rooting for him to win another major. Will he? If he can stay healthy he is the best shotmaker and course strategist on tour. With his putting that’s a winning combo for any major. I am predicting yes.

I think so, and possibly 2. He looked to be feeling pretty confident. We all know what a confident Tiger can do on a golf course.

He will, he still has the game and seems to be playing smarter right now. He has finally figured out he has limits and plays right to the edge of them. Just needs to stay healthy.

I don't think so, it's tough to win a major, and some other guys are looking to rebound this year

I don't know...I think the window is closing on him. He can definitely be in contention.

You really are the data dude with those estimates!

Doubtful, I think Jack's record is safe. It's very difficult to win a major these days. There are a lot of good golfers out there. I will be pulling for him anyway (y)

Doubtful, I think Jack's record is safe. It's very difficult to win a major these days. There are a lot of good golfers out there. I will be pulling for him anyway (y)

While I don't disagree per say, Tiger still has a couple of years in him minimum, and to ApexFan Comment above, a confident Tiger going into the weekend is a very scary sight for everyone else.

Hope I am wrong, but don't think he wins any majors this year.

Well I'm hopeful, I think there's too many great players out there who could get in the way

He will, he still has the game and seems to be playing smarter right now. He has finally figured out he has limits and plays right to the edge of them. Just needs to stay healthy.

I completely agree. While he is still pounding the ball and pin seeking he seems to be doing it within his limits now as age and injuries are catching up to him.

BOLD PREDICTION is he does break Jack's record by the time he calls it quits.

I think his game is there, but there are so many variables. So I'll go with maybe. If he doesn't win one, I believe he will be in the running for more than one.

I completely agree. While he is still pounding the ball and pin seeking he seems to be doing it within his limits now as age and injuries are catching up to him.

BOLD PREDICTION is he does break Jack's record by the time he calls it quits.
If it does happen, he will retire the next day ... guaranteed :unsure:

If he is to win one it will be at Augusta. But, I do not think he will.

Back