Does Your Course Supply Water?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Last couple of times out, the course had had fresh water bottles in the golf cart for each person and I really thought that is a great touch for a local track.

Does your course do this?

Most around here have the giant orange water cooler, some locked up, other's out in the open. Not many that I've been to have water bottles in the cart ahead of the round.

we'll see once it heats up...I know they have water cooler/jug mounts along the course but this would be my first spring/summer playing.

We have coolers every few holes, which is about all I can expect from a municipal course.

Coolers every few hole at Windmill Lakes.

One course I go to has water bottles in the little side cooler. It is on the nicer side of the tracks I go to.

Last couple of times out, the course had had fresh water bottles in the golf cart for each person and I really thought that is a great touch for a local track.

Does your course do this?

Water? Most of the time. Bottles? Never. Usually, a cooler in a stand with paper cups. I just refill my bottle when I'm done... assuming the course is keeping them full. In the summer, they are empty more often than they're full. I had to call multiple time to remind them that it was 100°+ and there were people on the course.

The courses I generally play just have cooler jugs. But I've played a few that give you water bottles, and I do find that to be a really nice touch.

Not at all - hot soup would be more appropriate here!

a couple of the private clubs i've been lucky enough to play do this but none of the public courses i've played do. some have even stopped putting out the coolers/jugs.

Coolers every few hole at Windmill Lakes.

I am speaking of water bottles specifically. I cant think of any course that doesnt have coolers or a place to grab water in a cup.

Some do. Usually, I have my own water bottle with me anyway in case I'm at one that doesn't. There are at least 2 courses in my area that I can think of off the top of my head that don't even have coolers out on the course.

a couple of the private clubs i've been lucky enough to play do this but none of the public courses i've played do. some have even stopped putting out the coolers/jugs.
I am speaking of water bottles specifically. I cant think of any course that doesnt have coolers or a place to grab water in a cup.

Me either, JB, but maybe we just need to get up to Madison, WI...

No, but several in the area do. It's always a nice touch. It's pretty crucial in the south though where it gets hot as all get out down there.

I've been to a few that don't supply anything.

No, but several in the area do. It's always a nice touch. It's pretty crucial in the south though where it gets hot as all get out down there.

Not during golf season it doesnt haha.

Big coolers locked up on most courses around here, but some don't tend to the water as they should. An area muni puts out a cooler with bottles and every time I get to that hole it is empty. I carry my own anyway, but nice to refill a bottle if it is really hot.

Mine does not, so we use water coolers that are on the tee box every few holes. I tend to bring a water bottle or two with me and my full container in case the coolers are either missing or empty, or if I prefer to not share community coolers that day.

Closest courses to me that I play do not. When it gets hot in the summer I sometimes see cart guys with big Igloo jugs driving along to fill up water bottles for people. That's about it.

Our club....no, some private and Clublink courses do supply bottled water. It is very rare where I live to see a cooler anymore with the exception of a private course. There was a health case a few years back with a teenager and since that time coolers have been basically non existent.

Nope, but they do have nice clean water jugs full of ice cold water on every 3/4 holes.

Back