Does Your Handicap Travel Well?

Mine travels well if I've played the course at least once before. If it's a brand new place and I have no idea what a given hole really looks like then that's obviously a challenge. I've been dumb enough to play the wrong fairway off a tee and hit towards the wrong green and that definitely does not help your score.

Mine tends to travel pretty well. Usually am playing a couple shots over my expected score on new courses. I can tend to play more conservatively on a new course, and that helps me stay out of trouble off the tee.

yes, I stink it up everywhere I play

Technically, I think that fits the definition of 'travels well'.
Then it travels well... regardless my game is bad where ever I play so.

I usually play worse at new courses, even if they are easier than my home course. If I visit courses I'm familiar with, I can usually play just as well.

I can play just as bad on any course.

My only traveling golf was a few years back. I think it is fair to say my handicap back then was on the vanity side. But I did tend to play better on new and harder courses for some reason. Doesn’t make sense to me, actually. I played one new course the end of last year. It was a very long and hard course. Based on that, I would say my handicap will travel pretty well. I suspect I will shoot similar scores on a variety of courses.

My handicap travels....well.....let's just say....ok.
New courses almost always result in higher scores, but that's to be expected.
But, I have had some low rounds on new courses as well. Not as many as I would like, but often when on vacation and playing a new course, I get really brave on shots when I shouldn't. My attitude becomes, "I didn't fly all the way here to lay up!"

No, I'm about 3-4 strokes worse typically.

On average I shoot the same scores no matter where I play. I can break 90 most any where I play, if the yardages are similar, and in my 6600 yard range.

That said, my best scores are always on courses I am very familiar with. Especially courses with very familiar greens.

When I played a majority of my rounds at a course that is relatively wide open, it didn't. I could get away with a LOT more than I could at some of the other courses around here.

Now that most of my rounds over the past 2-3 years have been at a course that is less forgiving -AND- have played at a larger number of courses, I'd say it travels fairly well.

I bounce around and play public so no real home course. Whatever the golfnow deal within 25 miles is that's where I'm playing ...

I think mine does. I feel comfortable playing different courses and scoring well when I play them.

I think it does. Only because I tend to play different courses as often as I can. I don't try to keep playing the same course, as I like a bit of variety & don't get burned out by the same looking course.

Actually it does, I have a tendency to concentrate more on a new course.

generally no.

the rare exception is a course with fast greens but with little undulation like my home course. I think the biggest reason for worse play is ability see bad spots before I land in them. A second reason is the ability to play uphill or down hill distances correctly the first time I play a course.

Right now I would say mine would probably travel pretty well. My Handicap has gone up a couple strokes due to the thin lies of winter golf. I’m currently sitting at a 4.7 and getting my form back. Now Once I’m back down around the 2.9 that I got down to I don’t think it will travel quite as well. One of the big reasons is I know my home course really well, especially where to miss and the break of the greens.

Is it really ever as good as we like? :unsure::ROFLMAO:

No, but I'd think I should be able to play within 4 or 5 strokes of my handicap no matter where I'm at.

There is a definite advantage to the home course for sure. There was times last year that it did travel well but so far this year it hasn't.

Mine travels very well. My home course is very tight with lots of trees. And the tees I hit from are 74.4/141. When I play other courses I find them much easier since they seem much more generous fairway wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My handicap tends to travel well. I am not long but pretty straight and I tend to read greens pretty well.

Back