does your home course require collared shirts?

It says proper attire. So yes? Do they enforce it? No.

It doesn’t anymore. When I was a kid the dress code and footwear requirements were pretty strict... now it’s pay and play.

That said, there is a sign talking about appropriate attire... and anything they sell in the Pro Shop is appropriate.

I don't really know.... I've never asked and I've never not worn a collard shirt.... next time I play, I'm going to ask

It doesn't, but I usually wear one, as I don't get many occasions to sport my golf gear. That said, I'm a tshirt slouch on range visits.

All the courses around me are public and have the usual attire signage posted but I've never seen it enforced. Last year I teed off beside a sixsome(whole other story) that wore wife beaters, jeans and, work boots. They actually played fairly fast but looked pretty uncomfortable in the °80 heat. I was impressed by them and their respect for the course when they got to the first green though. They all stopped and untied their boots and putted out in their socks. Took the opportunity while they re-tied their boots to ask and jump ahead of them on the second tee. Pretty open course and buy the 4th hole I could see they were all barefoot and 1/2 drunk but having fun and respecting the course so I had no problems with it.

My home course does not have a dress code.

When I visit my dad in Florida his course has a strictly enforced dress code and, you're always supposed to tuck your shirt in.

My home course doesn’t..

I have seen people in jean shorts and white t shirts

Doesn’t bother me at all even though I’m always in a polo and never ever denim

Pretty sure they do, but I have never seen it enforced, although I have never seen anyone at the course with anything other than a collared shirt

Home course, not so much and I've seen it all :ROFLMAO:
Now across the road where the people that have disposable income and 15,000.00 memberships play,
I was told to put on a collared shirt to use the range.

Not usually collared shirts but most require that type of business casual dress with no denim. One course I was at a guy showed up in basketball shorts and a sleeveless shirt. They made him buy a collared shirt from the club house but still allowed play in the basketball shorts. I was a bit confused by that. They

Seeing as it’s a private club, yes. That doesn’t mean you couldn’t wear one of those ugly ass Tiger no collar shirts. But, if you show up and are wearing a non collars shirt, you will be asked to purchase one and won’t be allowed to play if you refuse.

we aren’t a stuffy club whatsoever. But we are private.

Nope. Neither of them.

Jeans acceptable in winter time too. And I wear them.

Come at me.
I try not to wear jeans during the summer anywhere, but our course would allow it. Winter time, I wear whatever I had on at work....jeans, khakis, cargos.
Our redneck course barely requires shirts :ROFLMAO: Their only requirement is no sleeveless shirts, I guess you gotta keep it classy by some definition. (y)

I am not so sure our course even requires shirts at all. :ROFLMAO:

I think they have an official policy that shirts have to have a collar, but it isn't enforced. Neither is pace of play, not having more than 4 in a group, or fairways only after a week straight of heavy rainfall.

I'll admit it...I'm a dynasaur.
I like our dress code.
Beyond that, I've never owned a pair of jeans in my adult life.
They're not for everybody.

Hope dress code gets a bit restrictive. There are several courses in my area that I do not play as the clothes players play over there are even inappropriate to even go out in the public.

Not sure I would belong to a country club that didn’t. I am all for somewhat casual but the minute you don’t specify collars, people take it to the extreme and are walking around in gym shorts

... or riding around in a cart on the course with no shirt on at all as I witnessed at one course here.

Nope, no dress code here at two of my local courses.

yes

I’m not sure my course even requires clothes
I was purposely looking for your post in this thread. I knew it would be Awesome and you didn't disappoint. (y)

Nope. Collarless shirts and jeans are a common place.

Nope, no dress code at all, as near as I can tell.

my home course does but i have not seen them enforce it. i have seen golfers with those tiger woods type t-shirts play.

i was at one course where they made me tuck my shirt in....lol

No collars required on my home course but they do frown on wife beaters and bikinis.

We've got 5 courses here & I believe only 1 has that rule, besides the CC. Most of them do have no denim or tank tops rule & being where I live I see guys playing in jeans on muni all the time. For the most part, even in scrambles almost everyone wears a polo.

Back