does your home course require collared shirts?

chile

Working with Mercury
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
before I got "serious" about golf, I thought EVERY course required collared shirts (my home course doesn't)...I thought this would "class me up"....guess not.

I actually didn't know, I'd just assumed they do, went to their site and it says this. "No denim, collared shirt and bermuda shorts required".. I always wear one anyway, figure it's nice to look a little smart somewhere, especially as I wear t-shirts all week at work (casual office).

No denim on all local courses except the par 3 and local muni. I wear collared shirts because it's part of the game and the material in my golf shirts is the most comfortable play in.

Not sure I would belong to a country club that didn’t. I am all for somewhat casual but the minute you don’t specify collars, people take it to the extreme and are walking around in gym shorts

No denim on all local courses except the par 3 and local muni. I wear collared shirts because it's part of the game and the material in my golf shirts is the most comfortable play in.

I can't do denim...I see guys do it and I just can't see how...

Sadly no, but most people respect the game and usually do anyway.

honestly, I would probably wear more polos to the course if 97.68% of mine weren't navy blue...

What do the dress code courses do to enforce rules during the winter? I imagine it’s like the police enforcing illegal lane usage during a snow storm.

Yes, the ones I play do, it no requirement to be tucked in.

when I lived in Australia many of the older courses still had requirements for the height of socks (usually calf or higher), but we typically ignored it. I always thought that was odd.

Nah, they will take anyone's money ?. I don't care either because I live on the course and I want it to stay opened. Let it be a club of the people!!!

My course claims they require no denim and collared shirts, but enforcement seems spotty at best. Doesn’t bother me, I typically wear golf pants and a polo, because those are my golf clothes and they’re more comfortable to play golf in than anything else I own, except maybe my gym clothes, haven’t tried that yet though.

I can't do denim...I see guys do it and I just can't see how...

I’m with you, I have no objection to people wearing jeans on the course, but man trying to swing a club in most of my jeans wouldn’t be comfortable, or very effective.

Nah, they will take anyone's money ?. I don't care either because I live on the course and I want it to stay opened. Let it be a club of the people!!!

LOVE this attitude. Golf should be fun, why not let it be casual.

No. If I wear Habit outdoors collared shirts because they don't feel like they have a collar. If I have to dress up a lot to play golf, I will find another course. I am bad enough as it is - having clothes that affect my swing would only make matters worse.

Yes they do but I’m not sure it’s enforced. When it’s not winter I always wear one. This time of year I’m more about layers and 1/4 zips are the name of the game.

Not required at the course I currently play at. Though it’s a nice course and a vacation area for a lot of people, so I’d say majority wear them anyways.

My club requires the usual (collars, no denim) but the one that ruffles some of my guests is shirts must be tucked. One time the starter asked me to tell my guest to tuck in his shirt. I asked the starter to tell him himself as my guest would have laughed at me for asking.

shirts were untucked by the 2nd tee - no biggie.

My club requires the usual (collars, no denim) but the one that ruffles some of my guests is shirts must be tucked. One time the starter asked me to tell my guest to tuck in his shirt. I asked the starter to tell him himself as my guest would have laughed at me for asking.

shirts were untucked by the 2nd tee - no biggie.
I remember a guy was telling me a couple years ago that while they playing a course that the one guys shirt was out and the course marshall stopped him and told him to get his shirt tucked in. Some people don't like to wear tucked in shirts. I can do it, but usually don't like to, but I choose to not play those type of courses that are that strict. I am too much of a country boy :)

Nope, my home course does not really have a dress code at all.

Yes, my course does require collared golf shirts, I occasionally play a local course that has no dress code and you see some pretty wild stuff there.

The only things my course's dress code policy excludes are tank tops and cut-offs.

a story...visited a club...in shop and pro compliments my mock turtle with us open logo Shinnecock...we talk for 5 minutes...30 minutes later I'm standing on 1st tee ready to hit and assistant pro yells at me I can't wear that shirt...I'm with three clients...I am quite embarrassed...I have to go in buy a shirt....I go to pro and say why didn't you advise me prior to being on the tee.....he was like Thought you knew our policy. I buy 4somes off Biddingforgood and many are private places.

I believe there is a sign in the pro shop that just says “proper dress required” so it leaves it open to their interpretation.

They do require appropriate apparel...however at the same time I’ve seen people out there in jeans late or early in the season.

Ours says they have a dress code to exclude denim & include collars but they’ll let you play in anything. Sort of drives me crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, and I'm cool with it.

There's plenty of them in the pro shop if one has forgotten to wear one.

Back