Does your work provide coffee?

Trmpt98

2024 Vokey / 2023 GOAT Cup / 2019 Bridgestone
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I was having this conversation with a buddy the other day and was shocked that his place of work doesn't provide coffee. He works for the local county State's Attorney's Office as a prosecutor and during the last election the new State's Attorney removed coffee from their budget so they no longer provide. I was shocked by this as most others I know coffee is provided in the office. I work for a small engineering firm and we have coffee always in stock ( it helps the boss drinks it quite a bit).

Just curious, is your coffee provided by your place of work?

I work in an engineering office with 3 people total, including me haha. We have a coffee pot & coffee, but only 1 of the guys drinks it. Cost for that is probably pretty low, its still in the budget :ROFLMAO:

Is there coffee? Yep. Is it terrible? YEP. I bring my own every single day.

No, I have my own Keurig in my office.

I work in an engineering office with 3 people total, including me haha. We have a coffee pot & coffee, but only 1 of the guys drinks it. Cost for that is probably pretty low, its still in the budget :ROFLMAO:
Is there coffee? Yep. Is it terrible? YEP. I bring my own every single day.

Yeah, our Engineering firm is the same size. It's just the boss and I who drink it plus any clients who stop by.

I do the ordering of the coffee so I make sure it's good stuff ;)

OMG I‘d never attend the Office if coffee wouldn‘t be provided 😱
To be fair: since the pandemics started I didnt go to the office anyways. So… yes, at home coffee and other beverages are also at hands. And if I‘d ask my boss, I‘d be confident that we could hand in the expenses for the coffee without any asking.

The only coffee option I have at my current employer’s office is overpriced Starbucks from the cafeteria. Thank goodness I’m still working from home!

Yes, our office does. There was a time that all the 3 pot brewers were going at all times plus the Kuerigs scattered around. When accounting moved into the front office, they got rid of the 3 pot maker was the 1st to fall victim. Then they cut out ice cream Friday.
But I work from home, so coffee is available whenever I feel the need.

I don't drink coffee, but I assume some of our developers would riot if we didn't have any in the office, so we do.

I provide my own, of course my office is at home so that makes sense.

Yes they provided coffee to us before WFH. When/if we go back, I doubt we will still have the coffee.

I was just tallying up my wife's cold brew addiction. It's a good thing coffee is provided at work otherwise I'm not sure we could afford both :ROFLMAO:

Coffee, soda, fruit infused water, hot chocolate, tea, and fruit all provided.

You can pay for fancy coffee drinks but there is coffee provided. I don't drink coffee so can't tell you if it is any good. Also they really try to get you to bring your own reusable cup.

They used to. Post COVID they've stopped providing anything. Vending machines are shut down - that may change once they send people back in the office in a couple months.

I don't drink coffee, but I assume some of our developers would riot if we didn't have any in the office, so we do.

We have some folks with too much time on their hands at the office. They've worked out how much extra in coffee & supplies it costs when there's a sales meeting, it's roughly $7 per person.

We get free tea and coffee. That’s been the case for all four companies I’ve worked for. One company had a fancy Keurig-like machine that had dozens of different options and another company offered free sports drinks and soft drinks and even beer after hours.

There are a couple of company purchased Keurigs in a couple of group offices that I can get a cup if needed.

I own a bbq restaurant. We smoke our foods overnight. Coffee is a necessary staple in the business. And Red Bull. Lol.

My home office provides water, coffee, anything I want to buy out of pocket.;)

When out of town, my client provides water, coffee, occasionally, snacks.:D

My office had Keurig machines in all of the kitchens until people started stealing the k-cups and taking them home. They have since switched to different pod machines.

My office had Keurig machines in all of the kitchens until people started stealing the k-cups and taking them home. They have since switched to different pod machines.
It never ceases to amaze the thought process of people. When I was a manager I had to talk to an employee about stealing. He would bring his own cereal in and then go to the coffee area and pour the milk from the coffee area into his cereal. I explained that the cafe folks put milk for purchase in the coolers and that the milk for the coffee was just for coffee. I then had to talk to another employee about bringing his lunch box up to the fruit stand and filling it up with bananas. The rule is one piece of fruit a day. Amazing.

When I used to do consulting the different companies had all sorts of perks, depending on what it was. Ranging from food to coffee. I don't think anyone has ever not had coffee though.

Back 3 years ago in my old director role it was free food and coffee but the coffee was so bad I always bright my own, a perk was that I had a private fridge and bathroom in my office so that was nice.

My current role offers all sorts of free stuff, including coffee water tea sports drinks pop. I also get $10 a day for lunch down in the cafeteria which is typically more than a lunch costs so I can pick up a snack if I want as well. I'll be honest though I generally only get one cup of coffee a day and usually a bottle of water in addition to my lunch.

Nope. Staff went together and bought a Keurig.

I'm a IT contractor working for the government. It's rare that a government contracting company provides coffee and most of us work onsite as opposed to company facilities. However, my last contract company stocks a two kitchen with three kinds of Starbucks coffee, multiple tea offerings, ice machines, multiple refrigerators, microwaves and ice machines as well as hot and cold cups with lids. They also have a regular rotation of food trucks for daily breakfast and lunch.

Back