Doing the new guy stuff--MtlJeff's WITB

MtlJeff

The skimmer
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
+2
Well, i'm new here. Everyone seems really nice so far---So i figure, why not do a WITB and confirm to all that i am a real person with clubs and not a BOT planted on this site via the Canadian government to spy on your golf musings.

I have 2 bags that i actually use
1) Cobra heavy bag (Forgec TECs and Radspeeds ---This is pretty much the main bag and the one i used for my tourneys)
2) Ping heavy bag ( I use mainly when bored but hitting Ping G's is fun
3) Putters are SGC, the brass/bronze putter is made by a guy named Deschamps who retired about 10 years ago.

Shafts i use are either Hzrdus Black or Aldila White MSI 130s
iron Shafts are Modus 130s

if you are wondering "Jeff, did you use gorilla glue to glue the lead tape to the heads so it would stop peeling off?" --The answer to that is "yes"

Attachments

• PXL_20211105_154741404.jpg
    PXL_20211105_154741404.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 47
  • PXL_20211105_154937729.jpg
    PXL_20211105_154937729.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 47
  • PXL_20211105_155055161.jpg
    PXL_20211105_155055161.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 42
  • PXL_20211105_155309668.jpg
    PXL_20211105_155309668.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 43
  • PXL_20211105_155741437.jpg
    PXL_20211105_155741437.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 45
  • PXL_20211105_160039101.jpg
    PXL_20211105_160039101.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 44
Nice setups, what’s the breakdown on how often you use your usual bag vs the other 75-25?

Nice setups, what’s the breakdown on how often you use your usual bag vs the other 75-25?

I played about 70 rounds this year and probably used the Cobra bag for about 60 of them.

I do change the drivers regularly though. My Radspeed is a tour length (44.5) and the Mavrik is 45.5 ....So i probably split those 50-50. When i'm feeling confident off the tee i use the Mavrik since i hit it 10-15 yds further.

Under pressure--Driver is my biggest weakness. So it really depends how i'm feeling for that club

Nice sticks!

Nice setups. Welcome to THP

Is that a MIM wedge I spied in the bag?

Is that a MIM wedge I spied in the bag?

I have the 56 and 60 MIM black! I really like the 60, it's got a really appealing head shape and is versatile off different lies and bunkers. The 56 is kinda meh, it looks like any other 56

Hey what do you think of the Coppers you have? I wanted to buy them, but i know someone who has and they seemed to have worn quite a bit. How has your finish held up?

I was thinking of maybe getting the King MIM for fun---since they are available lefty in the copper

Hey Jeff! Long time no "see", lol.

Nice looking gear...I hope you were able to get in plenty of golf this season.

Love the bags.. gorilla glue huh.. cool.

Hey Jeff! Long time no "see", lol.

Nice looking gear...I hope you were able to get in plenty of golf this season.

Seannnnnn!!!!! It appears they'll let anyone become a member here haha

Good seeing you again old friend

Btw did you notice I still have my original Epic head?

Seannnnnn!!!!! It appears they'll let anyone become a member here haha

Good seeing you again old friend

Btw did you notice I still have my original Epic head?

LOL!

Yes, and I was impressed! All I have left is the putter and wedges (I have new wedges, but use the old ones for practice and off season golf). With the exception of the putter, I still have an all Callaway bag. I haven't purchased anything new in almost two years...I don't know what is wrong with me, lol

Nice to see you too Jeff...I imagine your daughter is getting quite big? :)

I have the 56 and 60 MIM black! I really like the 60, it's got a really appealing head shape and is versatile off different lies and bunkers. The 56 is kinda meh, it looks like any other 56

Hey what do you think of the Coppers you have? I wanted to buy them, but i know someone who has and they seemed to have worn quite a bit. How has your finish held up?

I was thinking of maybe getting the King MIM for fun---since they are available lefty in the copper
I really enjoy the copper, it is wearing but that was to be expected. I wouldnt recommend that finish if that’s going to bother you but I think it ages nicely

LOL!

Yes, and I was impressed! All I have left is the putter and wedges (I have new wedges, but use the old ones for practice and off season golf). With the exception of the putter, I still have an all Callaway bag. I haven't purchased anything new in almost two years...I don't know what is wrong with me, lol

Nice to see you too Jeff...I imagine your daughter is getting quite big? :)

She's almost 4 now, and curses like a sailor haha. Not sure where she gets that from

This morning when i went to play golf she had a tantrum and said "I want to play golf, i want to play golf!!!!!!"

The irony of course is in 10 years when i want to golf with her, she'll tell me to get lost

I still have most of the stuff--The Original Epic is going to go in a trophy case or something. Once i get around to doing that

She's almost 4 now, and curses like a sailor haha. Not sure where she gets that from

This morning when i went to play golf she had a tantrum and said "I want to play golf, i want to play golf!!!!!!"

The irony of course is in 10 years when i want to golf with her, she'll tell me to get lost

I still have most of the stuff--The Original Epic is going to go in a trophy case or something. Once i get around to doing that

Four! Jeez, time flies.

Maybe she will surprise you Jeff, and actually want to play golf. :)

Nice looking bags man!

Back