Don't know when I'll play golf again dut to Wife's injury.

Mach2

Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 13.7
Thursday the 1st of October Melba fell in the living room and fractured the head of her right femur. Replacement surgery went well Sunday. She's been in Rehabilitation since the 6th of October and was released to home last Friday. She was also diagnosed with possible dementia while in rehab. I'm not surprised with the dementia preliminary diagnosis since I've witnessed her diminished mental state since early this year. She's 80 and I'm 76. These last few days have been traumatic with the nurse, phy therapist and other folks from the rehabilitation facility coming to the house and bombarding me with way too much information all at once.. The future looks to not have golf in it. There's no way I could play a round of golf and not have her health and welfare on my mind and therefore not be able to concentrate on golf. I've played this wonderful game for 61 years and loved every minute of it. Right now it looks to be over, but the near future may be brighter. Possible having a care worker be with her for 5 hours while I play, but that would greatly reduce the amount of golf I could play. We'll see....................

Thursday the 1st of October Melba fell in the living room and fractured the head of her right femur. Replacement surgery went well Sunday. She's been in Rehabilitation since the 6th of October and was released to home last Friday. She was also diagnosed with possible dementia while in rehab. I'm not surprised with the dementia preliminary diagnosis since I've witnessed her diminished mental state since early this year. She's 80 and I'm 76. These last few days have been traumatic with the nurse, phy therapist and other folks from the rehabilitation facility coming to the house and bombarding me with way too much information all at once.. The future looks to not have golf in it. There's no way I could play a round of golf and not have her health and welfare on my mind and therefore not be able to concentrate on golf. I've played this wonderful game for 61 years and loved every minute of it. Right now it looks to be over, but the near future may be brighter. Possible having a care worker be with her for 5 hours while I play, but that would greatly reduce the amount of golf I could play. We'll see....................
I wish y'all the best and hope your wife's recovery goes well. Take care.

I wish y'all the best and hope your wife's recovery goes well. Take care.

What he said! I hope you can cope through this the best you can!

Positive thoughts to you and Melba during this difficult time Mach.

Hope she recovers soon! Good luck Mach!

wishing you all the best in your situation! It’s a tough choice, but the right one. this is a great example of what marriage is all about.

wishing you all the best in your situation! It’s a tough choice, but the right one. this is a great example of what marriage is all about.
In sickness and in health. I love her dearly and hate to see her like this. It'll get better.

Will be praying for you both.

I am a doctor and pulling you and your family-keep looking there are resources. Sent PM. PDR

Last edited:
Thoughts and prayers heading your way

Fingers crossed for Melba pards.

Just make sure that you take care of you while you are helping the good wife because it makes a world of difference. It's not selfish to take 5 hours for yourself at all, and every good doctor will tell you this.

You're both in my prayers

Take care of your family needs, and play golf again when you can.

I might suggest when you do get to play again, (and you will) don't fret over your game. Just relax, hit the ball, and have fun. Forget about the score.

A few years ago my wife needed a serious operation that could have gone either way for her (us). Her rehab lasted 14 weeks, with the last 9 weeks at home. I didn't leave her during our awake hours.

I know what you are going through.

I really the rehab goes well for her and you guys can get back to a place of normality. All the best to both of you sir

Sorry to hear about your situation, it's never easy to see someone you love hurt. In order for you to give her the best care it also means you need to be in a good place and if golf is something you love I would encourage you to try to get out. Maybe start with playing nine holes and take it from there. And keep being active here at THP, it's not playing but keeps you connected to golf and a great supportive community.

Oh man, I hope your dear wife recovers quickly!

Hope your wife gets well soon!

Thank you all for your well wishes. I know it's going to get better, can't get much tougher than it is now.

Prayers and thoughts hear your way, sir!!! 🙏

I pray she recovers well!

T&P's for you both!

Thoughts and prayers for the both of you.

Back