Topic header “USPS”
Yes they are very slow since early this summer and are way behind since early this summer. Priority 3 day is like 2 weeks now..

I haven't had delivery problems from any other the 3 but occasionally USPS tracking doesn't update after it shows in transit leaving the first facility with a delivery date then nothing until I check on date of expected delivery and it show Out Delivery and about that time the mail lady show up at the house. I really prefer USPS because they deliver Priority Packages 7 days a week year round not just at Christmas Holiday season.
UPS could save some money and reduce rates if they more efficient with route delivery trucks. Have been numerous times when I was waiting on a package and 2 or 4 trucks would pass by making stops up and down the street throughout the day and mine would show up until late in evening.

Im currently trying to make another THP’er whole.

USPS is jacking that up royally, but I have zero faith that they’ll make it right.

Meanwhile I’m sending a second care package. If this one doesn’t get there I may just drive it.

I had a club I ordered from eBay arrive in a USPS box that was open and empty. Thankfully the USPS folks had marked it empty locally. I had to ship the empty box back to the seller and he had to refund me my money. I feel bad for him because he probably lost a club and got nothing in return from USPS.

Fedex has been quite good for me lately.

UPS is not good or bad.

USPS has been meh. I have several packages that no longer have expected delivery dates. They get to the local hub and then they just sit for a week with no explanation.

I sent a friend a box of cigars from Fl. to Golden, Co. and it delivered in 5 days but he found it in a snowbank behind his mailbox. It would have fit in his mailbox if the efforet had been made, but I think these folks at USPS and all the services are over worked and that is not something they are used to. After almost a year of this crapple you would think some adjustments would have been made, but it has never been a well run operation ever.

No issues with any companies not delivering, maybe some delays but it is what it is.

was pleasantly surprised to see usps deliver on turkey day

That you know of......Dun Dun DUNNNNNNN.,....> :D

I think I have a pretty good idea what I take to the post office and what my family and I order and should receive. I'm not too concerned with stuff I don't know about and did not pay for.

Dang sorry to hear that. The past few items I have sent out have been through USPS and didnt have any issues. I got a tracking number both times and the second I was actually nervous because it was shipped in a Mizuno box. Both were delivered within about 3-4 days from the Cincinnati area to Chicago and to South Carolina. Very weird that once you make a cases they all of a sudden show up, like they are waiting to see if you notice so they can keep it. Do you know if once the package has been delivered, if it looks like it has been opened?

FedEx has been absolutely terrible for me, UPS is very consistent and USPS has been reliable for the most part. Funny that so many of us have had terrbile experiences with companies others have had success with and vice versa.

My outgoing packages and priority/express type stuff has been considerably better with USPS than FedEx. I’d say 3 out of 4 things I send either FedEx second day or ground are at least a day more than what is noted as expected and as much as 2 weeks on one package. Neither can comprehend that West Jackson Avenue and East Jackson Avenue are two entirely different f’n streets. The FedEx super actually told me that I was mistaken in what my address was and that, if I knew where my things were delivered, I should just go get them.

They’re all flawed in my experience.

ETA - USPS has been fantastic for me time-wise on things incoming and outgoing that fit in its mailers or boxes.

Last edited:
That is what drives me crazy. They don't seem to actually know where the packages are at. The tracking is vague at best. UPS and FedEx know exactly where a package is.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
Not always.

Dang sorry to hear that. The past few items I have sent out have been through USPS and didnt have any issues. I got a tracking number both times and the second I was actually nervous because it was shipped in a Mizuno box. Both were delivered within about 3-4 days from the Cincinnati area to Chicago and to South Carolina. Very weird that once you make a cases they all of a sudden show up, like they are waiting to see if you notice so they can keep it. Do you know if once the package has been delivered, if it looks like it has been opened?
No. All my packages have arrived in perfect condition.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

I live in France now but in many years shipping things in the US I always found that the USPS was the best way to go.
Cheaper than FedEx or UPS and usually more reliable.
One thing that some people don't realize is that the insurance offered by the Postal Service is just that. Insurance. It's called insurance and it's what you think insurance is. Package gets lost or damaged and money gets paid, even though it make take a while.
With UPS or FedEx what you're paying for is a "declared value" which is, essentially, a starting point for negotiation when a package is lost or damaged. They could easily and legally tell you to go hang if they feel like it. Not so with USPS's insurance.

Seems like we all have good and bad experiences with all the major carriers. Honestly, I realize that USPS has a lot put on them right now, added on top of what was normal before 2020. I know they may not be the best, or perfect, but all I know is there are a lot of people behind the scenes working long hours, dealing with lots of angry people. I see my mail carrier working long hours each and every day, and it will be that was through Christmas. I try to thank him when I can, because I know the stress that long hours an inflict.

I left my post in the Rant thread a couple days ago but I will not use USPS anymore.

I've had problems with all 3 even before the holiday rush. USPS will constantly have packages fall off their tracking, get delayed and then suddenly show up at destination. Their Priority isn't 3-5 days anymore. UPS is currently holding a package that was supposed to be delivered yesterday but is still "processing" at their facility about 30 mins north of me. As for Fed Ex I've had the best luck with theirs but I also have a camera shot of the guy tossing the package at my front door. I posted that one to twitter and FedEx responded within seconds lol. Luckily everything has made it although it's usually been late. No damage as of yet.

I have had at least 4 "lost tracking" grievances with USPS on things i shipped from EBAY club sales in the last 3 months. Things like a Scotty putter taking 3 weeks to get to Florida, but disappearing for 18 days, a set of irons from Dallas to Yukon Oklahoma home, i could have driven up there in 3.5 hours, 20 days and disapproving from tracking for 2 weeks easy....I ship nothing other than UPS now

Man sorry to hear about the bad experiences with USPS. We haven’t had any issues here...fingers crossed!!!

I once solely relied on USPS but am changing my mind - Clubs going to me from Boston to DFW were held up in Nashua NH for a week. It took 3 day priority mail over 10 days to arrive.

I've used UPS a couple of times lately to send clubs for re-shafting or to my son as gifts. It may take them 3-5 days, but it's 3-5 days not 10 days.

Experiment Time!

I just shipped two packages today. One to MI via USPS and one to OHIO via UPS.

Both have an ETA of Monday.

Fortunately USPS in my neck of the woods are good. A few late ones, but these folks were always courteous....more importantly, these hard working folks need their jobs.

That sucks, I've had problems with every delivery service over the years, lately I've just gone with whatever is cheapest

Well my “processing” delivery from UPS decided to get shipped back to the west coast. What was going to be delivered on Dec 2 is now slated for delivery on Dec 10......
98500D03-A3D1-4894-AF5A-B9F124F69FB5.png

Back