I think they have gotten slightly better. But for a period of time earlier this fall they were unusable.

I have a tracking number for medication to be delivered that was shipped from a CVS within the same town I live in that shows it hasn't been delivered since Monday. it was actually dropped off at the neighbor's house across the street with a significantly different name and house number in Tuesday.

I've also not received my mail 2 days this week. It was junk mail according to the Informed Delivery but still. My neighborhood has the worst mail service in the world and it is is even worse right now.

Experiment Time!

I just shipped two packages today. One to MI via USPS and one to OHIO via UPS.

Both have an ETA of Monday.

UPS package has arrived early (did pay more for shipping with them)

I think they have gotten slightly better. But for a period of time earlier this fall they were unusable.
It’s still unusable if it’s a golf club shaped box. 10-14 days for me every time, and that’s from Nashville to Tulsa.

It’s still unusable if it’s a golf club shaped box. 10-14 days for me every time, and that’s from Nashville to Tulsa.

It's true, they are anti golf.

Fun update. The package i was waiting in route from Sanantonio TX to Scranton Pa.
Tracking showed it has been sitting in Scranton for 7 days. When in fact it never left TX in the first place.
This just shows that USPS is a disaster at every location.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Fun update. The package i was waiting in route from Sanantonio TX to Scranton Pa.
Tracking showed it has been sitting in Scranton for 7 days. When in fact it never left TX in the first place.

It’s horrendous.

I had a similar issue - kept on telling me it would be delivered late but by 8 pm for about 7 days to DFW. Then it told me that it was still in Nashua, NH (started near Boston) where NE packages go to die.

BUT it was enroute.

Arrived after 11 days

This is hilarious. Kinda. WTF is going on in Kansas City?

• Dec 7, 2020
  • 9:46am
  • ARRIVE USPS FACILITY
  • KANSAS CITY, KS 66106
  • Dec 6, 2020
  • 4:11pm
  • DEPART USPS FACILITY
  • KANSAS CITY, MO 64161
  • Dec 6, 2020
  • 4:04pm
  • DEPART USPS FACILITY
  • KANSAS CITY, MO 64161
  • Dec 6, 2020
  • 3:48pm
  • ARRIVE USPS FACILITY
  • KANSAS CITY, KS 66106
  • Dec 6, 2020
  • 1:37am
  • DEPART USPS FACILITY
  • KANSAS CITY, MO 64161
  • Dec 5, 2020
  • 8:49pm
  • DEPART USPS FACILITY
  • KANSAS CITY, MO 64161
  • Dec 5, 2020
  • 8:22pm
  • DEPART USPS FACILITY
  • KANSAS CITY, MO 64161
  • Dec 5, 2020
  • 7:46pm
  • DEPART USPS FACILITY
  • KANSAS CITY, MO 64161
  • Dec 3, 2020
  • 9:10am
  • DEPART USPS FACILITY
  • WALLINGFORD, CT 06492
  • Dec 3, 2020
  • 9:03am
  • DEPART USPS FACILITY
  • WALLINGFORD, CT 06492
  • Dec 3, 2020
  • 2:01am
  • ARRIVE USPS FACILITY
  • WALLINGFORD, CT 06492
  • Dec 3, 2020
  • 1:44am
  • ARRIVE USPS FACILITY
  • WALLINGFORD, CT 06492
  • Dec 2, 2020
  • 10:44pm
  • DEPART USPS FACILITY
  • NASHUA, NH 03063
  • Dec 2, 2020
  • 10:22pm
  • DEPART USPS FACILITY
  • NASHUA, NH 03063
  • Dec 2, 2020
  • 2:59am
  • PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY
  • NASHUA, NH 03063
  • Dec 2, 2020
  • ORIGIN ACCEPTANCE
  • LEBANON, NH 03766
  • Dec 1, 2020
  • 8:12am
  • PRE-SHIPMENT INFO SENT USPS AWAITS ITEM
  • LEBANON, NH 03766
  • Dec 1, 2020
  • 8:08am
  • SHIPPING LBL CREATED USPS AWAITS ITEM
  • LEBANON, NH 03766
  • Dec 1, 2020
  • 5:08am
  • Tracking number provided

There is a brewing war in our town between the residents and the local post office. Postal workers not delivering packages, but saying they have or that they tried, when they did not. They are under some metric that dings them when they don't deliver packages on time so they are just ticking the box. Calls to our local Post Master has him protecting his carriers because he is under the same metric. We can go for 3 days with no mail and then the mailbox is so full they can't even get the box closed.

Currently have three packages with no activity in the last 72 hours. My parents local and regional post offices are struggling with covid outbreaks during the busiest time of the year. At least these things in the mail are not essential and are replaceable.

This is hilarious. Kinda. WTF is going on in Kansas City?

• Dec 7, 2020
  • 9:46am
  • ARRIVE USPS FACILITY
  • KANSAS CITY, KS 66106
  • Dec 6, 2020
  • 4:11pm
  • DEPART USPS FACILITY
  • KANSAS CITY, MO 64161
  • Dec 6, 2020
  • 4:04pm
  • DEPART USPS FACILITY
  • KANSAS CITY, MO 64161
  • Dec 6, 2020
  • 3:48pm
  • ARRIVE USPS FACILITY
  • KANSAS CITY, KS 66106
  • Dec 6, 2020
  • 1:37am
  • DEPART USPS FACILITY
  • KANSAS CITY, MO 64161
  • Dec 5, 2020
  • 8:49pm
  • DEPART USPS FACILITY
  • KANSAS CITY, MO 64161
  • Dec 5, 2020
  • 8:22pm
  • DEPART USPS FACILITY
  • KANSAS CITY, MO 64161
  • Dec 5, 2020
  • 7:46pm
  • DEPART USPS FACILITY
  • KANSAS CITY, MO 64161
  • Dec 3, 2020
  • 9:10am
  • DEPART USPS FACILITY
  • WALLINGFORD, CT 06492
  • Dec 3, 2020
  • 9:03am
  • DEPART USPS FACILITY
  • WALLINGFORD, CT 06492
  • Dec 3, 2020
  • 2:01am
  • ARRIVE USPS FACILITY
  • WALLINGFORD, CT 06492
  • Dec 3, 2020
  • ARRIVE USPS FACILITY
  • WALLINGFORD, CT 06492
  • Dec 2, 2020
  • 10:44pm
  • DEPART USPS FACILITY
  • NASHUA, NH 03063
  • Dec 2, 2020
  • 10:22pm
  • DEPART USPS FACILITY
  • NASHUA, NH 03063
  • Dec 2, 2020
  • 2:59am
  • PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY
  • NASHUA, NH 03063
  • Dec 2, 2020
  • ORIGIN ACCEPTANCE
  • LEBANON, NH 03766
  • Dec 1, 2020
  • 8:12am
  • PRE-SHIPMENT INFO SENT USPS AWAITS ITEM
  • LEBANON, NH 03766
  • Dec 1, 2020
  • 8:08am
  • SHIPPING LBL CREATED USPS AWAITS ITEM
  • LEBANON, NH 03766
  • Dec 1, 2020
  • 5:08am
  • Tracking number provided

Blame @WICHITAREJECT I know I do lol

Experiment Time!

I just shipped two packages today. One to MI via USPS and one to OHIO via UPS.

Both have an ETA of Monday.

UPS arrived early

USPS arrived yesterday so two days late

FedEx has gotten more consistent

Currently have three packages with no activity in the last 72 hours. My parents local and regional post offices are struggling with covid outbreaks during the busiest time of the year. At least these things in the mail are not essential and are replaceable.

That package above also has no activity since 12/7. USPS is good entertainment lately, as a start.

I’ve had headcover sitting 20 mins away from me for the past 4 days... USPS is useless

We should have a ship off to HP headquarters. Last package to arrive wins the jackpot. $5 a man. It would make an epic thread.

I ship solely through FedEx. I live in a smaller town outside of Nashville and the people at my local FedEx are awesome and know me well. USPS is a nightmare. I quit using them as soon as COVID showed up in February. They "temporarily lost" two sets of clubs, one of them a set or Miura irons. Luckily I insure all of my packages and that motivated them to find this temporarily lost package.

We should have a ship off to HP headquarters. Last package to arrive wins the jackpot. $5 a man. It would make an epic thread.

Suckers bet. I'll win. Nothing I ship or gets shipped to me by USPS ever arrives on time. For instance....

1607623251474.png

Here's 'Package X' we'll call it shipping out of Hampstead, NH on Dec 4th ( a Friday). As you can plainly see, it left at 5:04 PM on that same Friday. For clarity, Hampstead PO to USPS distribution center in Nashua is 43 to 50 minutes depending on which route by car. It arrived on Dec 9th at 1:49 AM. 5 days. To go 43 minutes.
1607623558555.png

Yeah. Good times. Originally supposed to be delivered Monday.

Suckers bet. I'll win. Nothing I ship or gets shipped to me by USPS ever arrives on time. For instance....

View attachment 8979044

Here's 'Package X' we'll call it shipping out of Hampstead, NH on Dec 4th ( a Friday). As you can plainly see, it left at 5:04 PM on that same Friday. For clarity, Hampstead PO to USPS distribution center in Nashua is 43 to 50 minutes depending on which route by car. It arrived on Dec 9th at 1:49 AM. 5 days. To go 43 minutes.
View attachment 8979046

Yeah. Good times. Originally supposed to be delivered Monday.
Unfortunately the USPS appears to be just as f'd up out here in the west. My package was shipped on 12/4 with an expected delivery on 12/11. The package was coming from Gilbert, Az (a suburb of Phoenix) to Tucson. It left the Gilbert PO on 12/7. On 12/11 the tracking only showed as "in transit to next facility". Finally, this morning an update on tracking shows it arrived at the next facility - in Phoenix! Over 7 days to go 20 miles!! Are they literally walking the package from facility to facility?
1608054855714.png
1608054872280.png

I sent a priority package to FL...it got there in 4 days earlier this month...then Sent my trade-in (via priority) to CPO in TX, it got there in 3...still waiting for that credit, by the way, CPO. That being said, bb&f sent my ferrules out via 1st class on the 6th...I wouldn’t ship anything less than priority or 2nd day air since COVID started. UPS and fedex can’t seem to get ground from SoCal to here, without some sort of covidian interference, in 3-5 days.

Washington Post:

USPS ‘gridlocked’ as historic crush of holiday packages sparks delays
Private carriers FedEx and UPS have cut off deliveries for some retailers, rerouting surging mail volumes through the overwhelmed Postal Service.

“UPS and FedEx have shut us off. Nobody can keep up right now, but we don’t have the luxury of turning people down. They’re sitting on so much mail right now that it’s almost one day at a time in these facilities.”
A letter carrier in Detroit reported that colleagues around the city were assigned two eight-hour routes each day last week to make up for missing employees and pallets full of undelivered boxes. In the first two weeks of December, nearly one of every five work hours within the entire agency was an overtime hour, according to public payroll data.

A letter carrier in Philadelphia said supervisors were rerouting employees to facilities all over the city to dig out from growing backlogs.
“I don’t think anyone, including the post office itself, knows just how bad delays are,” the Philadelphia carrier said.

Washington Post:

USPS ‘gridlocked’ as historic crush of holiday packages sparks delays
Private carriers FedEx and UPS have cut off deliveries for some retailers, rerouting surging mail volumes through the overwhelmed Postal Service.

the rerouting through usps is an everyday thing...not just during the holidays. When they get overwhelmed, they send that extra volume to usps...which makes no sense for usps since they are understaffed as is...and make no apparent effort to hire new employees

Don't worry everyone. You can spend more of your hard earned money and purchase extra insurance for when THEY lose your package on the hopes of being reimbursed about 15% of the value on what you sent. It blows my mind that we have to spend more money for their mistakes.

I've mentioned the clubs I sent to someone in my own state on November 9th, that USPS lost and can't find. I was finally told to file a claim for the value of the sale by a USPS employee over the phone. So I did. They sent me an email a couple days later letting me know that my claim was accepted and a payment was in my account. So I go check it out. Now, I sold the clubs for $350, they are worth more and I sent documents in my claim to prove that but I only asked for the sale price. These SOB's gave me $58.08. All I could do was laugh. I've appealed it with a pretty harsh letter included. It probably wont change anything and I'll be screwed out of both my clubs and the money. :confused2:

I will not use USPS ever again.

Last edited:
Back