Let’s say you are standing in your kitchen over a box of mini donuts. And you have one about to pop into your mouth and it falls on your own kitchen floor. You grab it quickly, do you throw it away or eat it?

Throw it away and thank God for stopping me before I out it in my mouth.

There is an established and specific protocol for this:

1. Pick it up
2. Inspect it
3. Brush it off
4. Quickly peek to see if anyone saw you.
5.Eat it quickly
6. Eat a second one in case the first one tastes like floor.

With my cat like reflexes:rolleyes: and my wife’s propensity to clean the floors, I would give it a once over and see if I couldn’t see anything and pop it in my mouth.

Let’s say you are standing in your kitchen over a box of mini donuts. And you have one about to pop into your mouth and it falls on your own kitchen floor. You grab it quickly, do you throw it away or eat it?

I'm 100% eating this.

For the record, I threw it away.

This surprises none of us. ;)

I do all the cooking and I also mop and sweep my kitchen a couple of times a week, ( the dogs are not allowed past the kitchen threshold). I eat that all day long off my floor....

I’m throwing it in the trash.

10 second rule. If I grab it within that timeframe, then it really never hit the floor.

That's what was always used during my many years in the retail drug store industry. I'm sure that there are many prescription drug takers that will be happy to hear that.

Last edited:
I fully support the 5 second rule (I don't know about 10.) But much like @Canadan there's good chance my kid was in there recently leaving who knows what on the floor. I'd probably toss it, then go out and get some more.

I'm surely eating it without a second thought.

5 second rule all day. I'm pretty sure one of the dogs would have gotten it before I could reach down to get it.

If it’s a day that ends in “y”, and if I’ve managed to sweep up the pet hair in the last week, down that hatch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I have recently swept and mopped the floor, I would pick it up and eat it. If it's been a few days, trash it.

Would inspect it, then probably go for it. Living life on the edge.

Question...what are you doing eating nasty boxed donuts in the first place @JB ?

It depends on how long it's been since the cleaning lady was here.

Eat it...every time. Unless it catches hairs. Quick glance only...no hairs...throw down

Toss it

Wellllll duh....

Eat it. Honestly, people should be dropping food on the ground before they eat it once in a while to build up some sort of immunity to the bacteria they are going to encounter at some point.

Back