Doubleb21's 2022 Grandaddy Journey

Doubleb21

2022 Grandaddy Team 5150 member 2020 AZTHP Champ
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
What a week this has been! I am not sure i will ever forget 05/16/22 they day i was lucky enough to be selected for the greatest amateur event ever created The Grandaddy! Like most i never dreamed i would get the call to be in. In 2018 when i joined THP the Grandaddy was the first big event i followed along with. I was blown away with what i was seeing. I have always enjoy the build up to the Grandaddy with the team selections and contests. I entered every single one with the hopes of going someday and here i am going to the 2022 Grandaddy!

One of the coolest things i got to do after my selection was call my wife and tell her. She always asks me what events are happening or if any sign ups are going on. She knows that The Grandaddy was something i really wanted to participate in and would ask me what the latest contest was. When i would tell her i didn't make it she would always say not to stress i would get in someday lol. I knew the odds were very low in getting picked but she had faith that i was going! So being able to call her and tell was absolutely awesome! My wife totally supports my lunatic fringe golf addiction and she plays also. She has embraced the game and does well playing. We have a lot of fun with it and have been fortunate to play in some amazing places together.

I got back into the game of golf in 2018. I had not played in well over 15 years and i was looking for reviews on a set of clubs i was looking at which is what led me to THP. After reading that review and thread i signed up and eased my way in. I have gone all in on THP and learning the game and trying to be a better player. As we all know golf is not easy but i love every aspect of it. I think since being here i have had 4 different sets of clubs and been fortunate enough to try so much other equipment I'm not sure i could list it all lol. Being in the AZTHP league i get to see a lot of new equipment someone always has something new to try!

My first THP event was the 2019 Odyssey Experience at Hammock Beach. That weekend was one of the best weekends of golf i have ever had. That is where i met two of my 2022 Grandaddy teammates @fuffle master and @mancest. Two of the nicest guys you could ask to play golf with. It is pretty awesome that we all are going to the GD! I am excited to see them again and play some golf. I also cannot wait to meet the rest of our team! We have done our first happy hour video call which was a blast. As the team builds we will be having more of those calls i am sure!

I wanted to thank everyone who reached out to congratulate me. I had so many PM's and notifications it was insane! So many of the previous Grandaddy participants reached out to me and i appreciate all of you. I will be adding a ton more to this thread as i have 7 months till we go on this amazing experience. My next post ill get into my game and where i am at with it. I am putting in my video from the day i was picked down below.

And one last thing for now, that belt deserves to not be collecting dust in @JasonFinleyCG office we are going to bring that home to THP! @Davidhibler it is time to grind let's do this!

Thank you THP and Callaway golf for this amazing ride!

So stoked that you got in the Grandaddy, look forward to following along!

Great video bud!

So stoked that you got in the Grandaddy, look forward to following along!

Thank you so much! When are you coming to league again let's plan it!

I always say "double D" in my head when I see your posts, then do the Beavis and Butt-Head laugh in my head like I'm 14. :p

It'll be fun to watch

So excited to watch and hear of your Grandaddy Experience! Enjoy ALL of it my friend!!

So excited to watch and hear of your Grandaddy Experience! Enjoy ALL of it my friend!!

I will for sure Loco! Thank you

What a great post to start your journey.

We are going to rock this, and I couldn’t have asked for a better group to start this journey with.

Congratulations! Bring That Belt back!

Excellent post and very cool the wife gets it like we all do. Got a good one there!

I have been away from the forum a bit and missed this. Congratulations great selection. I am very excited for you enjoy the process.

Well done sir! So happy for you. Wish I was able to meet you at the Vokey experience. Enjoy the next few months. I'll be rooting for you!

Excellent post and very cool the wife gets it like we all do. Got a good one there!

No doubt about it i am so lucky!

I have been away from the forum a bit and missed this. Congratulations great selection. I am very excited for you enjoy the process.

Thank you so much i appreciate it!

Well done sir! So happy for you. Wish I was able to meet you at the Vokey experience. Enjoy the next few months. I'll be rooting for you!

Thank you and someday we will meet for sure! We missed out on a bunch of great THPers for sure on that experience!

So excited to share this amazing journey with you and the other guys! Your road to the Grandaddy is going to be a wonderful journey to follow!

Excited to follow along your journey!

So excited to share this amazing journey with you and the other guys! Your road to the Grandaddy is going to be a wonderful journey to follow!

I feel the same @PackersGirl i am still a bit in shock!

Congratulations again and looking forward to the follow. Hoping you peak just about December

Back