Doubleb21's 2022 Grandaddy Journey

That is awful and hopefully nobody was hurt. Is it a walkable course?

Yes very walkable so they wont lose all their biz. No one was hurt it happened at night. It burned quick because the fire dept is about a block away and that is a ton of damage.

That is awful and hopefully nobody was hurt. Is it a walkable course?
By Arizona standards, yes very walkable when it's cool enough (both courses here - Dell Urich and Randolph). Just walked Dell Urich a couple of days ago. It's a little more hilly than Randolph but still manageable. Will probably be walking it again on Monday morning as I'm sure the carts will still not be available.

Strange thing is they charge the same rate whether you walk or ride 🤷‍♂️

Not the round I wanted in league today at all. 43-49. I had a few rough bounces and lies and maybe just a little bad caddie advice from @jjjgolf500 also🤣🤣🤣🤣 the back 9 just did not go smooth at all.

In all seriousness playing golf with @jjjgolf500 is fun. He is a excellent player and he let me talk through my shot plan. I executed a lot of good shots today which was good. I still had an absolute blast today though. Back out tomorrow aft!

After today I’m 150% more invested in this particular Grandaddy journey.

After today I’m 150% more invested in this particular Grandaddy journey.
After he said I should support this thread or I’m not his friend anymore…. Here I am

If @Doubleb21 gets an ace at the hideaway I get a hideaway pull over.

Not discussed but there i said it

If @Doubleb21 gets an eagle at the hideaway I get a hideaway polo

If @Doubleb21 gets an eagle at the hideaway I get a hideaway polo

If he makes a hole in one on a par 5, he buys me Lindsey Buckingham’s house on the course! 😂

If he makes a hole in one on a par 5, he buys me Lindsey Buckingham’s house on the course! 😂
If he hits a hole in one on a par 4 he pays for my next flight to AZ. I mean, if we’re calling dibs on things I might as well jump in 😂

If @Doubleb21 gets an birdie at the hideaway I get a told you so

If he hits a hole in one on a par 4 he pays for my next flight to AZ. I mean, if we’re calling dibs on things I might as well jump in 😂

oh you will fit in well in this league! Have a safe flight home!

If @Doubleb21 gets a double bogey at the hideaway I get 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ and drink a Natty

Drinking game for the Granddaddy! @Doubleb21 gets worse than bogey and we all shotgun a Natty.
A Natty is a classy drink and should not be shotgunned. The effort of the brewery should be appreciated.

A Natty is a classy drink and should not be shotgunned. The effort of the brewery should be appreciated.
Fair enough. We have time until December to hammer out details

@Doubleb21 will determine the Grandaddy. He will practice. He will work. And he will grind. I’ve seen him put it all together and that means bad news for team Callaway.

🤣🤣🤣🤣 you boys might want to stock up!
I will put bets that you won't have a double bogey. I may not be responding but I am following. Your dedication for prep is amazing.

Lesson day today! My driver has been ok but i feel they could be better. I was all over the face as you can see before we sprayed over the first few swings and then i found the center of the face for the last 5 shots! I was letting my elbow creep around and not stay tucked in which works well for me. Iron face contact was solid today also. One thing i told him about is teeing the ball higher for the driver. My coach was in total agreement with this thought. Every drive i hit today was tee'd up and i let it rip. I was hitting up about 3* on the ball and getting a really nice ball flight and distance. I don't have to add as much shoulder tilt either when do this. I am going to stick with this i like what i am seeing.

The cart barn where i take my lessons had a fire this week. 95 carts gone out of 150 and those were solar panels above them. View attachment 9121113View attachment 9121114View attachment 9121115View attachment 9121116
Sucks about the shed but strikes look good. Keep that elbow tucked! 👊

Back