Doubleb21's 2022 Grandaddy Journey

Catching up on journey and seeing his excitement is awesome great guy who will no doubt be an asset to the grandaddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Doubleb21 is going to be ready for the Granddaddy, no doubt about it. Dude is a GRINDER. Can't wait to see him in action in December. Love that guy!

Not the round I wanted in league today at all. 43-49. I had a few rough bounces and lies and maybe just a little bad caddie advice from @jjjgolf500 also🤣🤣🤣🤣 the back 9 just did not go smooth at all.

The blame always goes to the caddie..........thats what we are there for.
In all seriousness playing golf with @jjjgolf500 is fun. He is a excellent player and he let me talk through my shot plan. I executed a lot of good shots today which was good. I still had an absolute blast today though. Back out tomorrow aft!

You did! And better consistency (eliminating bad misses) could probably save you 7-10+ shots per round.

In my Friday lesson i had committed to my coach to do 100 practice swings in slow motion working on the face angle of my club. That means not cupping my wrist back a little bit which i do sometimes. I typically will do that little cup at the top of my back swing. In order to prevent that i am working on getting more set in my takeaway and keeping it there. I woke up yesterday and knocked out my practice swings getting the feel down. Later that afternoon my wife and i went to play. We walked and it was hot but we had the place to ourselves. I was regretting not bringing my umbrella after a few holes lol. We never stopped moving and played 18 in just over 3 hours. It felt good to walk i really like it and need to make the effort to do more of that when playing.

I had a much better ball striking day than on Sat. I did hit 2 drivers that tailed off to the right and after i hit them i knew my wrists were not in position. The feel is starting to set in and hopefully will be consistent soon. It was a perfect day to be on the course and able to practice this without being in a hurry. The first pic is from my lesson Friday that my coach sent me. When i do this correctly it is awesome how well i hit the ball.
IMG_0226.JPEGIMG_1266.jpgIMG_1264.jpgIMG_1268.jpg

had a good practice session this evening! It is not blistering hot here anymore and with the storm coming in it was a nice night to be outside. I worked pretty much every club in the bag except driver. I will work that in my lesson tomorrow. I took my time and really focused on my takeaway and face angle.
8D0AD0A6-B48D-42E0-A10A-94B3F4F082B4.jpeg

Keep up the hard work my friend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always a fun day on the range working on the game! Dec will be here before we know it . Did a lot of driver work today working on keeping my wrist angles in check. It was a productive day and the feel is starting to stay there. The grouping pic is 4 hybrids,5 woods and driver. The focus was not swinging all out so i could keep the club where it needed to be. On the shorter clubs it is much easier for me to keep those angles through the swing that is why we worked the longer clubs today.
track group.jpg

77 this afternoon on a par 70. Great ball striking day it was fun. The course is shutting in a few weeks and the greens are really inconsistent. I got on a par 5 in two and 3 putted for par 🤣🤣. The shot in with my 4 hybrid was 215 out i was just hoping for somewhere in front but I dropped it right in front and got a nice bounce up. No major trouble at all. All of the wrist position work We have been working on is coming together. Back at it tomorrow!

Awesome progress my friend! I cannot wait to see form your in once you reach Cali!!

Awesome progress my friend! I cannot wait to see form your in once you reach Cali!!

Thank you sir! We absolutely have to play soon!

Thanks for sharing @Doubleb21. Your footwork is looking a little bit like Scheffler

LOl ya it is actually getting better. In the irons and hybrid i can stay more planted. It is a work in progress for sure!

More work with my coach today. Had a good day with the path and face control. We are getting to work on my feet not shuffling so much lol. Hope to get some rounds in this weekend but with all of the overseeding happening it is tough! Workouts are consistent with my strength finally getting back to pre surgery levels. Loving this crazy team we have! Every single one of them are amazing!

More work with my coach today. Had a good day with the path and face control. We are getting to work on my feet not shuffling so much lol. Hope to get some rounds in this weekend but with all of the overseeding happening it is tough! Workouts are consistent with my strength finally getting back to pre surgery levels. Loving this crazy team we have! Every single one of them are amazing!

I saw the last half of @Doubleb21 ’s session today. He was punishing the ball with driver! I’ll tell you he’s on a mission!!

I saw the last half of @Doubleb21 ’s session today. He was punishing the ball with driver! I’ll tell you he’s on a mission!!

Those were hit well! I was enjoying the lack of 100 plus degrees today also 🤣🤣🤣

Love the work you continue to put in and really enjoy following along! Sounds like great progress being made and good golf being played! Very cool! Keep up the great work!!

Love the work you continue to put in and really enjoy following along! Sounds like great progress being made and good golf being played! Very cool! Keep up the great work!!

Thank you and looking forward to meeting you in Nov!

Range day yesterday hitting lots of wedges. i am keeping the practice regiment rolling and loving every minute of it. Got to try out the Raspodo yesterday also which was fun. Trying to find somewhere to play this weekend is challenging with the overseed happening. Andi just learned I can drop videos right in here with out YouTube from
the Raspodo! thanks to @templeton for that info!

View attachment trim.07C82DDB-F45C-474E-92A0-7854757C048D.MOV

Range day yesterday hitting lots of wedges. i am keeping the practice regiment rolling and loving every minute of it. Got to try out the Raspodo yesterday also which was fun. Trying to find somewhere to play this weekend is challenging with the overseed happening. Andi just learned I can drop videos right in here with out YouTube from
the Raspodo! thanks to @templeton for that info!

View attachment 9124413
Get after it big dog

One range session this week and today i was able to sneak away and play 9 right after lunch. I shot a 38 and had 2 birdies. I had a few drives not where i wanted them but totally playable which helps keep the doubles down on the scorecard. Long irons need to be sharper i am going to make that a focus till we go to the GD. Hitting the range this evening for more work and Friday also.

Sat is my match day against @MSEASU. He has got me the last 3 times out. I'm coming in guns blazing ready to play.

One range session this week and today i was able to sneak away and play 9 right after lunch. I shot a 38 and had 2 birdies. I had a few drives not where i wanted them but totally playable which helps keep the doubles down on the scorecard. Long irons need to be sharper i am going to make that a focus till we go to the GD. Hitting the range this evening for more work and Friday also.

Sat is my match day against @MSEASU. He has got me the last 3 times out. I'm coming in guns blazing ready to play.
You got this

You got this

Game is feeling good hopefully the course is in decent shape! Anthony is always tough but it has pushed me to be better and i like that!

Game is feeling good hopefully the course is in decent shape! Anthony is always tough but it has pushed me to be better and i like that!
I suck now, so you don’t even have to
Practice

Back