VPSax

Golf Addict
Reaction score
Handicap
Sorry if this is in another thread...I searched but came up empty.

Anyone using the DownUnder Board? I just got the 2.0 version (adjustable) and so far have found it to be very helpful with my main swing flaw - moving my right knee towards the ball. It has me focused on ground forces and is really helping me develop stability. I am striving for a more consistently balanced swing.

Would love to hear other experiences with this training aid.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I want one bad.

Bad bad.

Pardon the terrible pics...better ones are on their website. You squeeze the board with your feet. For me, it creates awareness of using ground forces and keeping my right heel from coming up too early. I stay more on the inside of my back foot at impact.
7fd3b20d076abd0a4ab5378dd25b2663.jpg
38da452a6b4c5c02599c33809dce9aeb.jpg
36e9b318588fc3c72f0aabb7ac6a3f5c.jpg

From Plugged In Golf:

50 Words or Less
The Down Under Board is a training aid developed by Bradley Hughes, formerly a player and currently a teacher on the PGA Tour. A very effective way to engage your lower body, create a stable base, and fix many common swing problems. One of the best trainers I’ve tested in years.

I think i will be ordering one. I think i have a bad habit of getting happy feet, particularly when i go after it with the driver. With winter coming im hoping this will be effective working inside without hitting a ball. If the local dome is open this winter i will also give it a try there. Thanks for the pictures didnt realize the bottom had a measuring device to set it with Look forward to hearing peoples experiences with this. Might be fun to experiment with this and the superspeed shafts and radar to see what effect if any it might have on swing speed.

Pardon the terrible pics...better ones are on their website. You squeeze the board with your feet. For me, it creates awareness of using ground forces and keeping my right heel from coming up too early. I stay more on the inside of my back foot at impact.
7fd3b20d076abd0a4ab5378dd25b2663.jpg
38da452a6b4c5c02599c33809dce9aeb.jpg
36e9b318588fc3c72f0aabb7ac6a3f5c.jpg

How was the instructional video lesson that is included with the purchase ? It seems like it could be helpful.

I still want one. Bad.

very interesting. seems like one could make something that could be used for that for pretty cheap. I'm sure I could benefit from what this looks to help with.

I made one out of plywood like BH used at the beginning. The DUB is just a way better way to train. I bought the black and white combo before the 2.0. If I feel productive, I‘ll modify the two boards into the 2.0 version.
ps. I always scratch my head at people who ridicule the price of something. You can either make your own like I did, or pay for someone to perfect an idea. Nobody’s forcing you to buy anything.

How was the instructional video lesson that is included with the purchase ? It seems like it could be helpful.
The video was mediocre, in my opinion. The device is pretty self-explanatory. Probably the most helpful tip from the video is that you need to focus on the pressure that you put with your feet squeezing the board. Otherwise, the tool is pretty much "plug and play."

I made one out of plywood like BH used at the beginning. The DUB is just a way better way to train. I bought the black and white combo before the 2.0. If I feel productive, I‘ll modify the two boards into the 2.0 version.
ps. I always scratch my head at people who ridicule the price of something. You can either make your own like I did, or pay for someone to perfect an idea. Nobody’s forcing you to buy anything.
Agreed. It is a well-made piece of equipment that I feel would be difficult to replicate. Overall cost is less than one private lesson.

lots of players endorsing/using, looks like a great training product.

Promo code ended yesterday.... a day late =(

I have been thinking about getting one. I will probably get one in the spring.

One can indeed make a prototype of this with plywood. Just something to give you a rough idea of feel of it etc. Probably not as great as the real one, but you could probably get a rough idea.

One can indeed make a prototype of this with plywood. Just something to give you a rough idea of feel of it etc.
That's what I was thinking. Go to Home Depot and get a piece of wood to the same size.

I have a pretty good relationship with the ground in my swing, but devices like this always intrigue me.

Hopefully a THPer of five get them to share their experiences.

I'd be happy to share my experiences with it!

Of course they're not, but that doesn't mean some of us can't find amusement in some of the prices for some of these golf training aids :)

In my boating days it was the same thing: Tack the words "boat" or "marine" on something and the price goes way up.

Agreed. It is a well-made piece of equipment that I feel would be difficult to replicate. Overall cost is less than one private lesson.
Good point.

Note: I'm not poking fun at you, or anybody else, for buying one or thinking about it. As a homeowner who buys almost exclusively pro-grade power tools and lawn equipment, I'm in no position to be passing judgement on how others choose to spend their money. And certainly that product is a lot more elegant than a piece of plywood or the same thing fabricated from wood. (Though, if I was feeling ambitious, I might be inclined to head down to a local materials supply place that sells cut-offs, purchase "plastic" materials, and make one out of that.)

I'd be happy to share my experiences with it!
Certainly interested in that!

I've had one for 3 weeks - take it to the range.

I still don't know what it does, but I make better shots with it.

BUT I believe it gets you to pound in the front foot and use vertical and lateral forces for more ground pressure. Less happy feet? Thought about that, too.

Like any similar training aid, you've got to move the board back after about every shot because of your divot or brush of the grass. My divots are not always in front of the ball.

You can also use it for wedges by turning the board sideways.

Much of the time, I use it for rehearsal swings, and then go back to hit several balls using it.

This, and the G Box, make me shake my head at times. But the down under may also solve a problem. The G Box makes you take a fuller turn and keeps your elbows together. But they still make you scratch your head at times.

The down under is more of a mystery - I guess if I slowed down my uber-fast swing (lol) I could analyze it more.

Last edited:
I'll get started on an initial review post. Better pics, a look at my practice area, and a video of my swing. Will then do some weekly updates. This should be fun!

Of course they're not, but that doesn't mean some of us can't find amusement in some of the prices for some of these golf training aids :)

In my boating days it was the same thing: Tack the words "boat" or "marine" on something and the price goes way up.

Good point.

Note: I'm not poking fun at you, or anybody else, for buying one or thinking about it. As a homeowner who buys almost exclusively pro-grade power tools and lawn equipment, I'm in no position to be passing judgement on how others choose to spend their money. And certainly that product is a lot more elegant than a piece of plywood or the same thing fabricated from wood. (Though, if I was feeling ambitious, I might be inclined to head down to a local materials supply place that sells cut-offs, purchase "plastic" materials, and make one out of that.)

Certainly interested in that!

I did try a pizza box before I bought it. Seriously. :cool:

Here's a little demo video I put together today. Hope it is helpful.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Back