Dr Kwon (World Renowned Golf Biomechanics Expert) vs Shawn Clement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a lot of trouble making the transition from a drill to the swing.

Maybe because you are using internal focus on what your feet and body are doing which will short circuit your sequencing.

You will need to ingrain your new pivot motion so that it becomes automatic (lingering in the background) while you focus swinging and releasing to a target (ie. external focus intent cue).

PS. Also thinking about parts of your lower body to propel your arms is an 'internal focus' cue.

Maybe because you are using internal focus on what your feet and body are doing which will short circuit your sequencing.

You will need to ingrain your new pivot motion so that it becomes automatic (lingering in the background) while you focus swinging and releasing to a target (ie. external focus intent cue).

PS. Also thinking about parts of your lower body to propel your arms is an 'internal focus' cue.
I’ll have to work on that - with every drill.
What seems to be helping now is 1) having most of the weight shifted back onto my lead foot by the time my hands are at their highest point. Almost like that shift is necessary to support that position of the arms and club, and 2) that I don’t shift back to the trail leg again as the arms drop. If I do these two things, there’s a much better chance of successfully getting/keeping my hands and weight in front of the ball at impact. And I have to be able to do these things without thinking once the season starts in 3 months.
I’ll read up on internal vs external. Thank you.

Yes, agreed. This is an internal focus with slight external movements. I think you have to have the "feel" of this for it to work. After a while it is just part of what you do.

Yes, agreed. This is an internal focus with slight external movements. I think you have to have the "feel" of this for it to work. After a while it is just part of what you do.
Still not sure how that can be accomplished. When I don’t think about what needs to happen the old, poorer movements take over regardless of repetition.

I have a lot of trouble making the transition from a drill to the swing.

It's not easy.

I slo-mo the swing to ensure that I am performing the flow motion before slowly speeding it up.

Each day, it feels like you are starting over again.

Patience. It takes time.

I get up from my desk several times a day and then do Stack every other day (well, when I'm not injured).

I’ll have to work on that - with every drill.
What seems to be helping now is 1) having most of the weight shifted back onto my lead foot by the time my hands are at their highest point. Almost like that shift is necessary to support that position of the arms and club, and 2) that I don’t shift back to the trail leg again as the arms drop. If I do these two things, there’s a much better chance of successfully getting/keeping my hands and weight in front of the ball at impact. And I have to be able to do these things without thinking once the season starts in 3 months.
I’ll read up on internal vs external. Thank you.
Well , Sir - I would suggest that you choose which one of those two aforementioned thoughts or any other tips you have in mind BC , unless you are a SUPERHUMAN you will only have time in 2/10 seconds for ONE (1) of those. AND - which ever you choose must be preprogrammed in advance before you ever lift the shaft back .
Being that you have a high handicap I would suggest that thinking about your legs at this stage is a waste of your time. Maybe you might want to use some plain old common sense and concentrate on your HANDS . They are dominant and the only part of you body attached / connected to the shaft / butt end of the club AND the *** ONLY *** part of your body capable of accurately and consistently contacting the ball in the proper place at the proper angle.
You can waste your lifetime looking elsewhere, but you won’t find it. You are searching for answers when it is right their attached to the ends of your arms with a hinge - aka- wrist joint .
Yeah, I know - this is what I always post . I always will BC it is FACTUAL !

Maybe the * doctor * will step up and prove me wrong . I would encourage that !

I'm here to figure how how to play better golf.If I consistently don't agree with a person I am not going read their posts.

I'm here to figure how how to play better golf.If I consistently don't agree with a person I am not going read their posts.
I generally read the posts, but I quit responding to said individual because the posts are not on topic nor is there a shred of factual proven evidence to any of it. It simply doesn't bring any value to those of us that want to play better golf. At least there is something of value with SC and Kwon, but not with the constant regurgitation from the unproven dominant hands theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back