Drank a bottle of Johnny Blue with Bone Thugs n Harmony

I will have to join the JB crowd on this one - I had never heard of them either, but then I live in the UK so maybe that is a good enough excuse :D

The most famous person I have met would be -

Sir Bobby Robson - a number of times, he went to the same school as me and came back to visit to sign a school football team picture as he was part of it, so all of us that were on the current team were in the papers with him and I got his signature in his autobiography as well. I also met him years later when I was at a hotel in Ireland along with the rest of the national football team

Neil Lennon - Footballer turned manager, he was in our hotel bar (as above when I met Bobby Robson again) and had drinks with us, followed by him being in the group in front of us teeing of on the golf course the next morning. We had a brief chat a couple times when we were on adjoining fairways and there were no airs and graces, he was just having a laugh like the rest of us

I have met a number of other footballers through a previous job, I know a former British motocross champion (Brad Anderson) as my sister did his wedding photos and a friend of his lived next door to my parents so we often talked bikes when he was there. While at a British Superbike event I have had my picture taken with a few of the riders, and at the motorbike show a couple years ago I met Cal Crutchlow

I have been lucky to meet a couple famous people, first would be Paul Kariya as he actually was sitting next to me on the plane to LA a few years back. Shared the time talking on the plane, autographed signed as well. He was a really cool guy to say the least. As I worked in a high end grocery store I met countless celebs you name it, Jessica Alba, Steve Nash , Denzel Washington, Nas to name a few. Pretty interesting as all were down to earth and spent time talking with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i used to love bone back in the day. sharing some scotch with those real true thugz straight off the double glock would have been quite an experience. that e 199 eternal album is about as close to a cover-to-cover album as a rap album can get. great story!

also love the story from the guy who shared some beverages with the dudes from 311. top 3 favorite bands for me.

When we lived in Charlotte, Sgt. Slaughter lived a street over. I wouldn't go to his house on Halloween because I was scared of him. Ric Flair was looking at houses in my neighborhood when we lived in a town outside Charlotte, he stopped by to say hi to my friends and I while we were out playing football in the yard. He saw some the tackles we were making and thought we were nuts playing that rough without pads. I graduated high school with CJ and Damien Hobgood, both professional surfers. I've seen and interacted with countless FSU football players and coaches over the years, too.

I've met a lot of rappers in my day. I was an underground beatmaker/producer/rapper/sound engineer up until a few years ago. I was lucky enough to work with some semi known artists who ended up bringing me to New York where I hung out at The Headquarterz (formerly known as the legendary D&D Studios). I've met DJ Premier, Guru, Immortal Technique, Billy Danz and Lil Fame (of MOP), Scarface, Group Home, AZ....a few others I just can't recall right now. I've smoked peace pipes with most of them... Ahhh the good old days.

Once when I was a kid, I carried Cecil Fielder's (former Detroit Tiger) golf clubs from his car to the driving range.

Nope. Im not even sure if what you typed was real or fake. Pretty sure it wasn't English however. :angel:

After your lyrics posts, I'm shocked you don't know a single BTH song.

That is the best hangover you have ever had. That is going to make a great story forever.

I've met a lot of rappers in my day. I was an underground beatmaker/producer/rapper/sound engineer up until a few years ago. I was lucky enough to work with some semi known artists who ended up bringing me to New York where I hung out at The Headquarterz (formerly known as the legendary D&D Studios). I've met DJ Premier, Guru, Immortal Technique, Billy Danz and Lil Fame (of MOP), Scarface, Group Home, AZ....a few others I just can't recall right now. I've smoked peace pipes with most of them... Ahhh the good old days.
I know Guru was a fountain of knowledge when it comes to Audio Engineering

They were popular as far back as 92, I still can't believe he hasn't heard of them. I keep playing songs trying to get him to recognize one, but so far no luck. I don't understand how that is possible.

Must be because he has good taste and appreciates real music....hahaha

Are you referring to Guru, Jay-Z's engineer or Guru from Gangstarr? I didn't know Guru from Gangstarr knew about engineering....I met him on location for the Photo shoot for the Ownerz album... Some crazy mansion/castle/hotel up in Long Island I think...I can't remember. I know he was drunk as hell trying to screw some publicists assistant, lol.

Once when I was a kid, I carried Cecil Fielder's (former Detroit Tiger) golf clubs from his car to the driving range.

He had a house in Melbourne where I used to live. His wife hit joggers with her car on several occassions. Every account I heard of her was that she was nuts.

I met Ken Griffey Jr at a motocross race once. His son and him were big into racing at one point. They were super down to earth, we spent about a hour chatting over who our favorite riders were.

Only chatted for an hour or so, since I had my own race coming up. But still pretty cool thinking back on it.

Drank a bottle of Johnny Blue with Bone Thugs n Harmony

They were popular as far back as 92, I still can't believe he hasn't heard of them. I keep playing songs trying to get him to recognize one, but so far no luck. I don't understand how that is possible.

Nope. Im not even sure if what you typed was real or fake. Pretty sure it wasn't English however. :angel:

Not that you want to be in old coot company JB. But I'm pretty sure I never have heard any songs by any of them.

I don't think they are played on Sports Talk Radio and I think an IPod is the system Azinger used to create Ryder Cup pairings isn't it?

Fun stuff. I remember the guy across from my dorm had these enormous speakers in his room, so he would blast as loud as possible in the early morning, every morning, that Thuggish Ruggish Bone song. Takes me back.

As far as brushes with fame with alcohol, that goes to my first time at a bar, where Michael Jordan was a guest bartender. I was on one of the bar stools while the packed bar kept crowding me to get a beer from him, but I was a few feet away from him the whole night. He ended up spilling part of a beer on me, so he grabbed and hugged me that he was sorry and bought me a beer. I was a Freshman in college. Fast forward six years and I'm at the same bar right after I took the bar exam. MJ is there again, but I guess he's been doing the guest bartending thing for so long that the place isn't mobbed. Some how, it's just him and me alone at this outdoor bar, taking me completely by surprise. He asked me what I wanted to drink, but I was too in awe and tongue tied. I finally said a beer, so he asked which one. Finally, he just gave me a Newcastle and said it was on him. Two pretty good memories.

Now that would have been a cool experience. I would gladly sacrifice a round of golf to be able to hang out with them having a few drinks.

Friday night I stopped into the hotel I work at in Rockford Illinois with a buddy to grab my clubs from my office. So we walk into the lobby and sitting there at 1am is a woman wearing a suit next to two rather large body guard looking guys which seemed strange but anyways I was just there to grab my clubs so didn't pay much attention and proceded into the back office to grab my things. When I returned to the lobby I look over to see my friend I brought with standing across the lobby with about 10 other people so I walked over to see what was going on. Turns out it was Bizzy, Layzie, Wish and Flesh bone from Bone Thugs in Harmony along with a couple girls, their dj and two people that run an I Heart Radio station. Although I rarely listen to rap or hip hop anymore I used to listen to these guys in my teens in high school and into my early 20's. This was also a big deal to me since Ive never met anyone remotely famous, let alone talked with or had drinks with them. We happened to have bought a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue earlier in the night and were planning on opening it the next night after a round of golf but this just seemed like a more memorable time to open an expensive bottle of scotch. So we ended up polishing off that bottle with a couple of the guys until 5 in the morning stayed at the hotel and were to tired and hung over to ever make our 10 am tee time. I missed my first planned round of golf for the year but when will I ever have an opportunity to have a night like that again. For a rap group from Cleveland they seemed rather down to earth and we had a couple intellectual conversations. Overall it was a great night, I went home with a pounding headache but I also got the four of them to sign the box of JW we all drank together. Has anyone else here ever met anyone famous, if so what was your experience?
Got any pictures?

I read this thread before lunch and I swear on my way home for lunch Crossroads came on the radio.

I remember several years ago JB and I were walking through International Mall in Tampa and we saw Rev Run (from Run-D.M.C.) and his wife. I physically ran into Derek Jeter at a mall here in Tampa many years ago as well. Saw him later that night at a bar/club where a friend of mine worked. I will leave my comments about Jeter out of this thread because I don't want to offend any of his fans.

I have met a lot of sports stars but I am not sure I have ever met a TV/Movie celebrity. Oh, and I have met a ton of old school wrestlers from the 90s. I was a die hard fan as a kid and my dad used to take me to the live shows when they were in town. Even got to go backstage because my mom had a friend who had a horse in a stable where some wrestlers kept their horses and they hooked me up with backstage passes.

awesome story! used to love their stuff. "1st of tha month" is probably my favorite.... :)

Never hung out with any "Bone Thugs", but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express one time..........:beauty:

Are you referring to Guru, Jay-Z's engineer or Guru from Gangstarr? I didn't know Guru from Gangstarr knew about engineering....I met him on location for the Photo shoot for the Ownerz album... Some crazy mansion/castle/hotel up in Long Island I think...I can't remember. I know he was drunk as hell trying to screw some publicists assistant, lol.
Oh yeah I thought you meant Guru, JayZs engineer.

I had Red Bull & Vodka with Oscar De La Hoya at the Century Club in LA.

I got drunk with Richard Branson in Tortola two different times and closed the place both times, there is one good casual place to eat and he was a regular.

The second time was at least 6 -8 months after the 1st time and he walked into the place and sat down next to me and said "Hi Jim how are you" I was floored he remembered me, when I asked him how he could possibly remember me with all the people he meets he said "well we did spend 7 1/2 hours getting drunk last time"

One on the nicest people I have ever met, I asked him why he was so happy and he said "why not I am rich" in a very un snobby way and smiled.

I never pictured Bone Thugs to be chillin and sipping on some Johnny Blue

Back