Drinking and Playing?

My decision and Shot making is questionable at best - Adding alcohol is like putting out a fire with gasoline.

Never. It's not something I've ever really considered, though it seems to be far less of a part of golf in England than in the US.

Never. It's not something I've ever really considered, though it seems to be far less of a part of golf in England than in the US.
I've heard that. I'm in Canada and cart girls do a brisk business.

Depends on the environment-- THP events where I'm not driving-- bottoms up. Normal league/weekly rounds generally do not partake as I'm usually driving. Yep I know you don't have to get sloshed, but for other reasons a drop of alcohol can lead to much bigger issues for me.

It depends ... but if I do never more than 3 beers... I feel that is the point where the swing is diminished...

Does a Bear sh*t in the woods?? Uhh yeah!

If I'm playing by myself, probably not. If i'm playing with a group of friends then probably.

Very rarely if ever. I will have a beer or drink after the round though.

Usually only on weekend/vacation rounds. And never if I'm walking the course. With that said, I usually only play on the weekends and I never walk...

I take an occasional sip on my water bottle through a round and that's it.
Some days, though, I go to the club and decide not to play.
I'll grab a table out on the deck and watch the people coming in on eighteen.
Then, refreshing beverages are definitely in order, although the last round is hot coffee.

only with the right company, which are mostly my THP crew. My normal rounds, nope.

There was that one time I was playing with @Canadan and was playing fairly well, until I couldn't see the ball on the final 3-4 holes. I'd say I had some drinks that day.

I do, but I've cut way back...usually just one or two on the course. Usually my playing partners are all in, but I like to wait until after the round.

It's helped my golf.

only with the right company, which are mostly my THP crew. My normal rounds, nope.

There was that one time I was playing with @Canadan and was playing fairly well, until I couldn't see the ball on the final 3-4 holes. I'd say I had some drinks that day.
hahaha, Palmer course at Reunion?! I accept zero blame despite being bartender.

The next one with be the first.

Do you drink adult beverages while you play?
It's about 50/50, but I tell you there will be plenty of adult beverages had while playing at the Team THP 2018 Reunion in August!

Sure do. Don't drink every time I play but I've been known to enjoy some adult beverages.

if its a morning tee time I'll usually grab a couple at the turn for the back 9. If its evening after work for league the cart most likely has 2 coolers for my partner and I.

Only when in a flight of players, not just by myself. A birdie or better earns the flight members a sip from the flask. Works really well this time of year when it's cold. It becomes an additional motivation.
There are some golf courses in Southern Germany, where I'm always tempted after 9 holes by big vending machines with Weissbeer in summer time only.
Other than that I vaguely remember a THP event where I might have seen a cask with tequila on a tee box, but it could have been just water. I don't really remember.

I'll be honest, I'm a cajun. There isn't much we do that doesn't involve drinking. So it's a haaaaaard yes for me

about half of my 100 rounds this year had alcohol involved. I think my best golf is done after 2 beer, but try stopping at 2 beer, lol

Interesting fact; I played about 50 rounds this year mainly walking/by myself. Looking back I really only drank when playing golf with someone else, which also involved taking a cart vs walking. Not only is walking better for you but it’s really hard to carry a bag and a bottle of beer (we allow glass on the course). Definitely kept the bill down at the end of the month that way.

No, drinking and driving, heck I won't even putt. :)

...with a tip of the cap to Dean Martin...

Yup. Golf just isnt the same without having a few beers (or a few dozen).

Back