Drinking and Playing?

I've heard that. I'm in Canada and cart girls do a brisk business.

Don't think I've ever been on a course that has anything like that here. At most you might get a hut half way round selling food and non-alcoholic drinks. The beers are generally left until the 19th hole.

Don't think I've ever been on a course that has anything like that here. At most you might get a hut half way round selling food and non-alcoholic drinks. The beers are generally left until the 19th hole.
Where are you located @Ghost21 ?

We don't even call it Beer anymore. We call it Golfing fluid. :LOL:

Not really a beer drinker but have been known to carry a flask of Tennessee Fire, but, as they say....you know...medical purposes only!;)

Yes and no. Depends on the type of round it is, tournament or just casual, who I’m with (peer pressure) and how well I’m playing. It could be zero beverages or a plethora of beverages.

Not every time, but occasionally.
My bag tag from the Coeur d' Alene resort doesn't say "Mr. Fireball" for nothing!

Fireball golf.jpg

when I used to only play when invited (because I was egregiously more horrific than I am now), I was mostly a cart driver and beer drinker. fun times.

I used to drink A LOT during golf, but I am enjoying it a lot more these days when I wait until after the round to indulge.

My skills go south real fast after about the 3rd beer anyway.

Never, it is tough enough to play sober. A beer or two afterwards, however, makes my day.

I generally wait til I'm done for a couple Tito's and tonics with a couple limes, please.

But during scrambles, I like to drink and have fun!

Yeah...not every round, but a blueberry vodka lemonade or a beer never hurt anyone. I don’t think I’ve ever been drunk on the course though

I really don’t drink much on the course. If I’m playing an important match I may have one before or during to help take the edge off. After, all bets are off. ;)

Very rarely, and only if everyone else is having one. That being said, I love thinking about the 19th hole with a couple holes to go...:drinks:

Yeah...not every round, but a blueberry vodka lemonade or a beer never hurt anyone. I don’t think I’ve ever been drunk on the course though
Most courses don’t stock that much booze though. :ROFLMAO:

Most likely... Bloody Mary in the morning is typical for me.

Depends where I'm playing and who I'm playing with. Pretty much no beers to start but from the cart girl if the course has one or at the turn.
Golf league is another story. That is a beer league for half of the guys in it.

I prefer to Golf sober, and 95% of the time I do.

I'm all for a beer at the turn if I throw up a 50 or it's literally a 7-man Scramble and everyone is drinking Fireball and vodka mixes.

Other than that I'll enjoy a brew post round.

I'd rather wait until the round is over then enjoy the liquids, but I will partake on occasions.

No, not really. If I’m golfing I want to enjoy the golf and I don’t need beer for that.

usually I don't as I know once I hit 4 beers my game gets even crappier than usual. I have tested that theory many times. But I will have a couple at events and such just hard to stop at two. Definitely a couple afterwards and a good beer at that!

Back