Drinking and Playing?

I'll usually have one on the front 9 and one on the back 9. I try not to have more than 3 because my game definitely starts to go downhill.

. Yes I enjoy a drink on the course , eases me

I'll save my drinking till we hit the 19th hole. Very rare for me to have anything while on the course anymore.

I do not drink while playing golf. Perhaps it's time to start.

Alcohol buzz in the sun is an instant headache for me. Then there's that whole driving home from the course thing. Stupid DUI laws!
You don’t have to get shlackered. A typical round is 3.5-4hrs on a slow day. If you were to have 1 beer an hour, you’d still be within the ‘legal limit’. The main thing with drinking on the course is to drink water. I’ll have 2-3 beers during a round, but also drink 5 bottles of water.

Very rarely for a couple of reasons. Firstly I'm generally driving when I play, tend to travel a wee bit to get to the courses so have to have the car with me.

Secondly, my swing is already on a knife edge between serenity and calamity that even one beer throws off the equilibrium totally and I lose any sense of rhythm. Bad things happen, but then again after a few beers, who cares?

I'll usually have one on the front 9 and one on the back 9. I try not to have more than 3 because my game definitely starts to go downhill.
Tell me about it. I definitely didn’t adhere to the 3 beer rule Thanksgiving Eve. However, it was one of the best times I’ve had on a course with you.

Nope, but then I don't drink alcohol anyway

I don't drink anywhere so no, but I do enjoy an edible from time to time.

I’ll enjoy a cocktail, or two, during social/vacation golf. I usually walk at my home course so water is the preferred fluid 97% of the time. 1% = Diet Coke, 1% = Gatorade, and 1% = beer.

Not often. I will have an occasional beverage or two while out on the course. I definitely do not go overboard.

More often than not....2-4 beers after the turn.....might have one around the 7th or 8th hole if the beverage girl is on her game.

Weekends sometimes. League - definitely. Weekday mornings - never.

THP events -

No. Although I do enjoy a cold beer after a Summer round in hot, humid weather.

During normal play, no. At the annual family golf outing, somewhat like a fish.

Typically no. Our tee times are 6:05 and 6:19 Saturday/sunday so a little early for me to start

Depends on the group. If someone else is having one, I'll join in.

If I'm playing with friends or in an outing, I enjoy having a couple beers. If I'm playing solo, it's usually early in the morning so that might garner some looks.

Yep, some rounds more than others, but there is rarely a round of golf I play I don't have a drink while playing and for sure after. Sometimes it's only grabbing one at the turn, but I find it as a fun add on to the experience, I'm out there to have fun and relax.

It all depends who i'm playing with. If I do happen to drink it's usually only around 4-5 beers so only like 1 per hour. I always think about the drive home and want to make sure i'm ok to drive so I never overindulge.

When I'm carting with my crazy golf buddy's yes. when I'm walking with my step brother no.

Do you drink adult beverages while you play?
Each and every time! I answered, though I assume this was a rhetorical question :)

Back