Typically go through the following beer progression until I get a hit:

Shiner Bock
Yuengling
Miller Lite

Depends on time of day, season and mood

Manhattan

Old Fashion

Blantons on one big rock (and then remove the rock)

Highland Park 18

Gin Martini dry with two olives

Herradura Silver Margarita with salt on rocks

Depends on time of day, season and mood

Manhattan

Old Fashion

Blantons on one big rock (and then remove the rock)

Highland Park 18

Gin Martini dry with two olives

Herradura Silver Margarita with salt on rocks

Good choice for the HP 18. Great beverage. I like all Highland Parks, especially the 18. (y)

Good choice for the HP 18. Great beverage. I like all Highland Parks, especially the 18. (y)

Dad taught me a lot about drinks, and I bartended in college, but I am learning about Scotch by myself. And my son went with it. He has about 20 varieties of bourbon and scotch on the shelf and in the fridge at any one time.

Tequila soda with a silver tequila. Extra lime

kinda depends what the group is doing. if everyone is doing beer, i’ll do kona big wave or sam adams seasonal. if mixed drinks, depends on the time of day. if lunch time or early afternoon, margarita on the rocks or a vodka tonic. if late afternoon or early evening, bourbon neat or manhattan if the bar looks like they know what they’re doing.

Dad taught me a lot about drinks, and I bartended in college, but I am learning about Scotch by myself. And my son went with it. He has about 20 varieties of bourbon and scotch on the shelf and in the fridge at any one time.

My dad was also a scotch drinker. The guys that I hung with when I was younger were scotch drinkers also. As I got older the Single Malt kinda was a natural choice for me. alc.gif

Not much of a drinker, but I do enjoy a Michelob Ultra after the round sometimes. I really like Tito's vodka, but not being much of a drinker I don't have anything I consistently mixed with it.

Basil Hayden and a small ice cube. Or this time of year, Bloody Mary extra spicy.

Tito's and club soda with several limes.
Got into the Macallan 12 and bumbu pretty hard over the last 4 days

You know it doesn’t ruin it right?
I mean to each is own. But I’m not adding a damn thing to Johnnie Walker Blue for $175-$229 a bottle lol. It’s fine the way it is for me.

Tito’s and Cranberry

Do you put it on ice?

Blue? I’ve only had it a couple times but I always just drank it at room temp. But I know people drink it how they want, I’ve just never heard someone doing club soda with it.

My other favorite would be Hennessy and apple juice..

Depends on the time of year and what the group is drinking.

If everyone is drinking beer, I'm going beer. Season depending on what I go with. Sour is likely, porter/stout if winter.

If it's a mix. It's a toss up between me sticking with beer or going with a cocktail. If a cocktail likely something with Whiskey probably Manhattan or old fashioned

This summer with no water on courses, carrying and not wanting to carry a gallon...finish and down a Mt Dew.

Probably a beer - depends on the offerings

Bourbon...

Woodford, buffalo trace something along those lines

A Manhattan, please. Thank you and cheers.
If you every order that in Wisconsin make sure you specify whiskey or they will make it with brandy

Back