Drinks with Jason Finley Live Stream

Those X forged CB irons man. Wow.

thanks for joining tonight everyone. It’s been an incredible week.
Dude. Case closed. No more debate, its over.

Watching the replay

This was really a great video with a bunch of good questions and answers. Thanks to Jason for taking the time to share.

How does Callaway feel about all of the DTC balls on the market & does it concern Callaway?

Any ball that sells that is not a Callaway concerns me but we have much bigger things we are worried about than this - but it is on the (long) list. Something to be said for having an incredible R&D team working on Callaway balls every day.

I'd like to follow up on a list minute question that @JasonFinleyCG didn't get a chance to answer in the live stream.

For those of us that don't have access to a launch monitor to obtain all the information that the awesome THP studio provided during the live stream, what is the recommend method of "self-fitting" for a golf ball? Do you start with the online selector to get a couple of options, then grab a couple of sleeves and head out to one of your club's greens and start hitting pitches?

BTW, last night's stream was a major eye-opener for me on how much a ball impacts the golfer's game. Obviously the right ball can help in as many was as the wrong ball can hurt.

Oh and @Canadan :

I'd like to follow up on a list minute question that @JasonFinleyCG didn't get a chance to answer in the live stream.

For those of us that don't have access to a launch monitor to obtain all the information that the awesome THP studio provided during the live stream, what is the recommend method of "self-fitting" for a golf ball? Do you start with the online selector to get a couple of options, then grab a couple of sleeves and head out to one of your club's greens and start hitting pitches?

BTW, last night's stream was a major eye-opener for me on how much a ball impacts the golfer's game. Obviously the right ball can help in as many was as the wrong ball can hurt.

Oh and @Canadan :

I think that can be a start, but the further you get from the green the more impact that can take place. I love the idea of grabbing a few sleeves and playing though.

Oh and @Canadan :

Great question. I would always say to start around the green and find the best performance there. That is easier to say in the context of a Tour player with the access to do that and also the access to equipment changes if needed but in the case of us normal folks it is still the best approach in my opinion. From there, getting them on the course to evaluate critical factors for your game are important. Keeping in mind to evaluate not only your best shots but also your bad shots as well.

Great question. I would always say to start around the green and find the best performance there. That is easier to say in the context of a Tour player with the access to do that and also the access to equipment changes if needed but in the case of us normal folks it is still the best approach in my opinion. From there, getting them on the course to evaluate critical factors for your game are important. Keeping in mind to evaluate not only your best shots but also your bad shots as well.
Thanks for the response. I guess I'm a bit apprehensive about the full-round testing knowing that my ball striking will be different from day to day, but I suppose in the long run the law of averages will even things out. I don't have access to a "closed" practice area where I can hit and collect balls, so I guess I'll have to play a different ball for a few rounds and keep track of what I like and don't like. This should be fun...

This was an awesome watch! Dan’s numbers are crazy, but Jason was super informative on how every player can find the right ball for them. And Jason’s commentary was brutally honest. With emphasis on the brutal! :LOL:

Watched this replay again, and I have 2 thoughts:

1. @Canadan striping his irons into the middle of the green made me feel like a terrible golfer.
2. Then, @Jman and @jdtox come on the first tee box and end of short making me feel better about myself.

But overall, great conversation that had a lot of nuggets of golf ball knowledge, finalized with the fun of the competition.

1. @Canadan striping his irons into the middle of the green made me feel like a terrible golfer.
2. Then, @Jman and @jdtox come on the first tee box and end of short making me feel better about myself.

But overall, great conversation that had a lot of nuggets of golf ball knowledge, finalized with the fun of the competition.
thanks for the bump. I'm still blown away at how well I got along with X Forged CB and the Chrome Soft. wowowowow.

thanks for the bump. I'm still blown away at how well I got along with X Forged CB and the Chrome Soft. wowowowow.

You get those ordered up yet?

By the end, anything 10 feet and out and Finley wasn't even impressed. But I can't believe the consistency, it was fun to watch. You pick out your 2021 irons yet :ROFLMAO:

It was fun, even coming in cold and hooking everything off the planet :ROFLMAO:

Back