Drive a Par 4 or Par 5 in 2

fupresti

Former Big Deal
Reaction score
Handicap
Marriage
Which shot gives you the most personal satisfaction?

Gotta be driving a par 4 for me.

depends on the hole I think, but in general I would say driving a par 4.

Par 5 in two. Two good shots are needed to get it done, and that to me just feels better knowing that I hit a drive well enough to give myself the chance to go for it, and that I then hit the next club well enough to get it there.

Driving a par 4 is probably more difficult for me, so I'll go with that. Although both shots are very hard for me.

I've never driven a par 4 from the regular tees, so since I have gotten on in two on a par 5, I gotta go with that!

Par 5 in 2 as it would typically require 2 very good shots executed. Par 4 in 1 is typically more of a lucky shot for me or a cheesy short par 4.

I have gotten on in two a few times this year on par 5's, but haven't driven any par 4's, so I'm going with driving a par 4. Typically there are just so many fewer chances to get it done vs on in two on a par 5.

This is like asking if I prefer having great sex with a hot blond or hot brunette. Answer: yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driviable par 4 for me because it's usually just out of reach for me, but getting on a par 5 in 2 requires two well-executed shots.

This is like asking if I prefer having great sex with a hot blond or hot brunette. Answer: yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And even better if you can do both on the same day.

Neither for me because they both inevitably lead to the dreaded three-putt-PAR.

Im leaning toward par 4. It would mean I hit one incredibly great shot. The par 5 usually requires 2 great shots and the 2nd one lately I'm finding is more risk than reward.

I'd say reaching a par 5 in 2. Need a good tee shot, and a good shot of off whatever lie you end up with from there.

They are both exciting, but I got to go with driving the par 4. Accuracy off the tee has never been my thing so being able to hit a driver or 3 wood onto a green is always a fantastic shot. With par 5's I have been able to hit nice drives over dog legs, and follow up with mid irons onto the green. A cool accomplishment, but not the same level of shotmaking for me.

Par 4 in 1. From my view, its more rare. I feel like I've stolen something and gotten away with it.

Par 5 in 2 as it would typically require 2 very good shots executed. Par 4 in 1 is typically more of a lucky shot for me or a cheesy short par 4.
I have to agree with this. There are a few drivable par 4's at my local courses if you get creative on the tee box, but when I can get on in two for a par 5, I actually feel like I'm playing good golf... Not just getting lucky.

Reaching a long par 5 in 2 because I rarely play a course with a driveable par 4, maybe once every few years. The shortest par 4 at my home course is 356/370 off the regular/back tees. It is the only par 4 on the course under 406 yards. In my over 6 years at my club I have never heard of anyone driving any of the par 4's.

Driving a par 4.

Which everyone on which I make the eagle putt. Getting there isn't as important as getting in the hole.

I'm going with driving a par 4. I don't think i'll be able to accomplish that one.

driving a par 4 for me. Getting to the green on a par 5 in two, while exciting, is more attainable to me as some holes allow me to use mid-irons based on distance (doesn't mean I actually can do it though...). Driving a par 4 means not only being relatively accurate in avoiding greenside trouble, but also means staying on the putting surface. It seems to me that par 4's are not mean to be driven, while par 5's give that lure of risk v. reward to get there in two. Based on that, driving a par 4 for me is the 'wow factor'.

Driving a par 4 is just a great feeling. There is a short par 4 at my course which is about 275 from the whites and 290 from the tips. Every time I drive it...maybe 1 out of 10 times...it is such an awesome feeling.

The only way for me to drive a par 4 would be for me to hit a great drive up into someone's pocket and they carry it on the green. I hit on in 2 last week for the first time of my modern golf Era (started back 3 yrs ago after 12 yr layoff). So on in 2 on a par 5 for me is more rewarding

Par 5 in 2

They are both equally satisfying to me. Having a putt for eagle on any hole is always good.

Back