Driver Adjustability?

I like having the option but after a couple of rounds and finding the best setting I leave it alone and don’t tinker anymore. I can’t say whether it makes a huge difference or not but I feel better knowing the option is there for me when I get a new driver. I have played some drivers with the weight in the toe and others slightly heel

Ive had R7’s, R9 Quad, R11s, & M1 The ‘draw’ or ‘fade’ modes never helped. My in to out path can be a bit much to overcome so that a little weight moved around didn’t do much. Adjusting for high and low did a bit- but I’m a hitter upper with spin- so “Low” was a relative thing. Still high for most.

Last edited:
It seems that much of the consensus is to initially experiment with the adjustable options you have available - and then when you find “your” optimal settings - you leave it alone. That’s why those options are there, to give you what you’re searching for. Once found - unless you go thru some drastic swing change - you should be good to go! I did my adjustment experimentations myself. If you don’t know pretty much what you are looking for - seek out a good fitter....but, still pay attention to what feels best and swings best for you.

I have enjoyed many Callaway drivers with adjustable weights, some working better than others. I think the one on the MAX LS works pretty well. I moved it since I have been fit and am going to commit to its current position for a while. It is nice to have that adjustability to dial things in when the swing is a little off.

I have had a couple drivers with adjustable weights, and other than adjusting them during fitting to find the best setup, I tend to leave it alone after that

I liked using them in the M1 and R15, it gave me confidence to let it go. It may not have helped but I believed it did.

I have enjoyed many Callaway drivers with adjustable weights, some working better than others. I think the one on the MAX LS works pretty well. I moved it since I have been fit and am going to commit to its current position for a while. It is nice to have that adjustability to dial things in when the swing is a little off.
I use the Max LS as well and love the adjustability. I don't have to adjust very often, but when a certain tendency creeps into the swing, it's nice to adjust the weights, or slide them a little to compensate. I prefer the option to adjust versus no adjustments available.

The M5 T track weight system works well for me. In the past year + I have played with multiple settings.
There are definitely differences in spin & trajectory (front back) and fade/draw movement (left-right).
I found the best setting for me is both weights all the way face forward. Just lucked into this setting when trying a bunch of them one day in the hitting bay. Guess there's enough forgiveness in the M5 to allow it. I will NOT be changing anymore 🤘

Have 2 weights coming from Cobra tomorrow for my new XB. I bought it without the Cobra Connect grip and it’s a bit light swing weight so I’ll try to dial it in at range.

I have used the sliding weights in the past but my current driver . . . TEE C721 doesn't have the slider. It does have a changable weight, but they want $50.00 for a weight kit and I'm not willing to spend that to experiment with the driver. But that opinion could change....:rolleyes:

Not speaking to shaft adapters to adjust loft or face angle. My question is about movable weights or sliding weights.

Do you use them? Do you find them effective?
Ive owned a few drivers that had them and never really found that they did all that much. IMO, theyre just a marketing gimmick. Perhaps a pro would find them useful for fine tuning ball flight but for your average Joe theyre pretty useless.

I’ve bought several adjustable drivers; the only one I ever changed was simply move weight front or back (no track, nothing intermediate)

I've used some in the past, but for me the change seemed more in my own head than the head at the end of the shaft. I do like the fact that I can flatten the lie angle with the G425 to try and persuade my hook to turn into a draw.

Back