DB86

Reaction score
Handicap
Hit on a foresight today with the new epic driver. Only hit prob 10-12 and was not warmed up. Here are the numbers. What do you think?

06fd1d01575d1fe948d13f86b34442ee.jpg

Seems like you were hitting it pretty darn good.

Maybe a smidgen more spin might increase your carry, but seems like some very solid numbers from what's given.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Those numbers are very good. The only way to increase smash factor is to increase the quality of the strike. But the launch angle and spin numbers are darn near perfect.

Maybe a smidgen more spin might increase your carry, but seems like some very solid numbers from what's given.

That’s exactly what the guy running the machine said, but he wasn’t a fitter so I didn’t put much into it.

Seems like you were hitting it pretty darn good.

I’m telling you, this thing has been like a miracle driver for me the little bit that I have used it.

Those numbers look pretty darn strong to me.

That’s exactly what the guy running the machine said, but he wasn’t a fitter so I didn’t put much into it.
Certified fitter here and I was just nit picking on carry, but you may sacrifice roll/total distance in the process of increasing spin only 100-200 rpm. Focus on improving impact point on the face to get more ball speed (smash factor) and you'll still see a nice jump in distance.

Certified fitter here and I was just nit picking on carry, but you may sacrifice roll/total distance in the process of increasing spin only 100-200 rpm. Focus on improving impact point on the face to get more ball speed (smash factor) and you'll still see a nice jump in distance.

Thank you!! This is why I love THP. So many great people here!

Those are solid numbers for sure! I'd be more comfortable if your spin rate was a little higher so there's a larger cushion on mishits, but that's just a personal thing.

Those are solid numbers for sure! I'd be more comfortable if your spin rate was a little higher so there's a larger cushion on mishits, but that's just a personal thing.

I am using a 10.5 and it is set on 9.5 neutral. Theoretically Would it help if I turned it back up to 10.5?

I am using a 10.5 and it is set on 9.5 neutral. Theoretically Would it help if I turned it back up to 10.5?

It would raise your spin rate a touch and give you a bit more peak height. Distance will be basically the same. I don't think you really need to mess with the spin but it also won't hurt. The peak height would be a bit low for my taste but depends on what you like and the conditions you play.

It would raise your spin rate a touch and give you a bit more peak height. Distance will be basically the same. I don't think you really need to mess with the spin but it also won't hurt. The peak height would be a bit low for my taste but depends on what you like and the conditions you play.

Thanks. The main reason I turned it down is because it was a little high for my eye. I had hit some with it at Home the day before and I literally just thought it looked a little too high for my liking. I could learn to live with it though if it benefits me some.

I plugged your numbers in and that shot should have had a peak height of 85 feet. That is not high at all imo. That said it isn't too low either. If you like the ball then don't worry about it. People tend to make bad swings when they are not comfortable with the shot shape they are hitting. If you are almost always playing in soft conditions then maybe hitting it higher will gain you 2-3 yards, without giving up total distance. If you play on firm and fast courses I wouldn't change anything.

It would be nice, if you could always depend on 25 yds roll out.

I swing in the low 90’s and would take 223 and 251 carry any day of the week.

I’d say your pretty maxed out.

I play in OH so conditions can stink at time, ok most of the time lol. Measured all my drives with Game Golf this year and it shows a “typical” of 229 with the driver I used the first half of the season and 234 with the driver I used the bsck half of the season.

Here is Trackman Driver Fitting chart

Attachments

• TrackMan-Page-1.png
    TrackMan-Page-1.png
    45.8 KB · Views: 0
Here is Trackman Driver Fitting chart

So according to the chart, I can probably get away with turning the loft back up some. It should benefit me theoretically based on the chart. I think I will do that and just learn to live with the look of the higher flight.

I’m really excited about this. I just thought I was doing good with the M2 all this time. Having a somewhat optimized set of numbers really does make a noticeable difference. Or at least for me anyway.

Your numbers are great, and if they were mine......I'd keep them!

Is that chart like 9 years old? The trend has been for lower spin than that now days. There is zero chance optimum spin for a 120 mph swing speed is that high.

And to point out the obvious is you are -5 AOA with your driver then fix that.

Back