Nikku

Reaction score
Handicap
Ok, so I went and hit the RBZ Stage 2 Tour Spoon yesterday. I absolutely loved it and its going to go in my bag in the next couple of weeks. My problem is that I already hit my OG RBZ 15* between 275-300 off the tee. This will come out of my bag once I get the TS. So, I'm curious as to what I need to put in my bag for a driver. My 909D2 doesn't go much further on a good swing than the RBZ and it's much more erratic. The slight distance gain to me isn't worth the risk. Are there any of you that game a TS? And if so, what are you hitting for driver? I'm open to any suggestions. Thanks in advance peeps.

I wonder if you need a driver given how far you hit the 3W.

If you hit a 3W 275-300 consistently and accurately you have no need for a driver that I can see. If you are convinced you need one your best bet is to try them all and get fit.

If you hit a 3W 275-300 consistently and accurately you have no need for a driver that I can see. If you are convinced you need one your best bet is to try them all and get fit.

I agree with both of these guys.

You definitely need a good driver fitting to beat those 3wd #'s. I also suggest gettinging fitfor the right shaft in the 3wd.

agree with all above.
If I were you, meaning my 3W goes 270 - 300, no driver would go in my bag. You probably hit your PW to about 150 ? I would add extra wedge in my bag to fine tune the short game

I want to see your swing.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the responses. I'm not sure about adding another wedge. Do you guys think maybe keeping my OG RBZ as a 3W and gaming a Stage 2 TS as a driver would be ok? I just hate knowing that I may be giving up possibly 50 yds on drives (if I found a driver I could hit consistently).

Thanks for the responses. I'm not sure about adding another wedge. Do you guys think maybe keeping my OG RBZ as a 3W and gaming a Stage 2 TS as a driver would be ok? I just hate knowing that I may be giving up possibly 50 yds on drives (if I found a driver I could hit consistently).

Just a question, how do you come up with 50 yards by adding a driver?

I imagine you would see a benefit from a goo driver fitting. Right head and shaft would be great for you. The fact that you hit your 3wood farther than many tour pros hit their driver is impressive.

Ok, so I went and hit the RBZ Stage 2 Tour Spoon yesterday. I absolutely loved it and its going to go in my bag in the next couple of weeks. My problem is that I already hit my OG RBZ 15* between 275-300 off the tee. This will come out of my bag once I get the TS. So, I'm curious as to what I need to put in my bag for a driver. My 909D2 doesn't go much further on a good swing than the RBZ and it's much more erratic. The slight distance gain to me isn't worth the risk. Are there any of you that game a TS? And if so, what are you hitting for driver? I'm open to any suggestions. Thanks in advance peeps.

How long is your driver and what shaft & flex do you have installed in it?

Why fix what is not broke. You have a long gamer in the bag, no reason to switch.

Yeah, Phil's ditching driver for the X Hot Deep which is like the Tour Spoon.

At 13* your only one degree off some people's drivers. So I see no issue with rocking 2 3wds.

300 off the tee with a 3 wood eh? APRIL FOOLS!

Yea, you hit the ball like Dustin Johnson huh?

Yeah, Phil's ditching driver for the X Hot Deep which is like the Tour Spoon.

Really? He was all about the Xtreme just a couple weeks ago. I guess the pros have honeymoon periods with new clubs too?

Really? He was all about the Xtreme just a couple weeks ago. I guess the pros have honeymoon periods with new clubs too?
I was at the Shell Houston Open this week and he definitely was bagging two 3W's. He also hits the ball a mile.

Just a question, how do you come up with 50 yards by adding a driver?

I imagine you would see a benefit from a goo driver fitting. Right head and shaft would be great for you. The fact that you hit your 3wood farther than many tour pros hit their driver is impressive.

Lol. I had the 270 stuck in my head. And a good drive to me would be at 320. So that's how I came up with 50.

300 off the tee with a 3 wood eh? APRIL FOOLS!

You guys gotta realize that I'm playing well above sea level here in AZ, about half a mile. When I play in WA state, trust me, I'm humbled when hitting at sea level. I was just looking for some equipment advice. Not trying to gloat about how long I hit my tee shots.

I'm going to point out one comment you made regarding a driver- you said something along the lines of getting 50 more yards if you can find one you hit consistently. Two thoughts here: lack of consistency could be attributed to not being fit for your current driver and, thus, you can't control it, OR, your swing has flaws, and if this is so, a new driver isn't going to bring you more consistency. It might be the Indian and not the arrow.

So, my thoughts would be, if you weren't fit for your current driver, go to a big box store and get the best fitting possible in your area (a true PGA fitting won't happen, but you can at least demo heads/shafts), and if it's not lack of fitting, I'd keep what you have and get a few lessons to help the consistency.

I'm going to point out one comment you made regarding a driver- you said something along the lines of getting 50 more yards if you can find one you hit consistently. Two thoughts here: lack of consistency could be attributed to not being fit for your current driver and, thus, you can't control it, OR, your swing has flaws, and if this is so, a new driver isn't going to bring you more consistency. It might be the Indian and not the arrow.

So, my thoughts would be, if you weren't fit for your current driver, go to a big box store and get the best fitting possible in your area (a true PGA fitting won't happen, but you can at least demo heads/shafts), and if it's not lack of fitting, I'd keep what you have and get a few lessons to help the consistency.

Oh, I guarantee my swing has flaws. Isn't that a given with most of us? I will agree that I should just invest the time and money to get fitted properly.

Oh, I guarantee my swing has flaws. Isn't that a given with most of us? I will agree that I should just invest the time and money to get fitted properly.

The fitting route is the best way to go honestly. I recently did one and am a believer for sure now. I picked up 30 yds on driver and found a 4wd that was just as long as my old driver. The price of my fitting was put toward adjusting my current irons, so it cost me nothing to get fit into my irons and when I went back to him and bought my driver and fwd I knew exactly what I wanted and more importantly needed.

And yes we all have flaws and after speaking with my fitter during and after my fitting I am starting lessons tomorrow with him.

I was just messing with you. if you're getting good results with the RBZ 3 wood, you should be getting the same with the RBZ or Stage 2 driver. I have the RBZ and love it, just had to get it fitted to spec for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back