GraniteRoost

Flying Rocks
Albatross 2023 Club Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
6 Grint
Where are you on your preferences for paint schemes? Do you prefer a very minimalist, classic look? Or something with a little more pop in the way of modern features like aero bumps, colorful accents, and boldness? Would you not play a Driver that was too loud, or too boring?

What do you like to see?

I don't really care. I prefer the look of dark greys and blacks, but wouldn't not give a driver a try due to its colour. Don't mind some graphics either as long as they pair well with the colour scheme.

I really don;'t like gaudy or obvious aero on the crown. One of my dislikes for the latest Ping drivers was because of that. Just distracting to me. I do like the carbon fiber look and really don't mind the 2 tone style, like the TM's, especially the SIM. Looks really sharp to me from a crown perspective. That being said, I have no issue with sole being flashy, but keep the top line/eye line clean. The Cobra's and Callaways from a look at address I think did it right.

Loud has never bothered me (G400 Max) muted/dull I didn't care for (Rogue) Mavrik I love.
Graphic don't matter that much because you don't see it from address.

minimalist. clean.

I prefer something modern, angular, and maybe even industrial looking. Classic isn’t really my style when it comes to golf equipment, but looks are way down the list of priorities for me when selecting clubs.

The thread should probably be titled Driver Visuals instead of Driver Graphics, as the intent was to capture thoughts on crown appearance including aero treatments, etc. For those reading this far, consider it changed.

The thread should probably be titled Driver Visuals instead of Driver Graphics, as the intent was to capture thoughts on crown appearance including aero treatments, etc. For those reading this far, consider it changed.

I have the F9 in black and yellow...the crown is perfect. if it was all black (I have the yellow/black), it'd be perfect. I also have the M6, which I really like despite the color accent on the crown...the bottom is too busy for me but it's a great club.

Just please no random lines across the crown.

Yes, you, Flash.

71hhd7c7LJL._SY741_.jpg

I can go either way! I love the classic look of my Ben Hogan GS53. I like the modern look of the EXS. I liked the Mizuno blue drivers. I’m not a matte finish fan really.

I’m really not much for graphics. I’d prefer a plain blank club. Sound is not important to me, performance is. I can play anything that works for me. I’m not really a fan of the Ping G410 sound but it works for me so I play it.

I was a big fan to be honest.

I posted the thread because I reflect that lately I don't mind wilder driver schemes, and maybe even prefer them. Kind of a step change for me. I don't begrudge pushing the limits one bit, though TM white I still can't quote come to grips with, so just playing.

Good post.

minimalistic here. Don’t clutter my vision with decorative lines, shapes, and gimmicks.

As a designer, I fight this all the time in my field. I’ve witnessed so many failed products and websites.

Don’t throw something on there because it looks cool; it needs to have a purpose and not be decorative.

That’s why tm drivers are the worst for me personally.

I was a big fan to be honest.

Totally appreciate that. We all like different things and this one resonated with you which is great. Just not my cup of tea. :)

minimalistic here. Don’t clutter my vision with decorative lines, shapes, and gimmicks.

As a designer, I fight this all the time in my field. I’ve witnessed so many failed products and websites.

Don’t throw something on there because it looks cool; it needs to have a purpose and not be decorative.

That’s why tm drivers are the worst for me personally.

function over form. yes, please.

Dark greys or blacks. Graphics wise, nothing too crazy. Carbon fiber and matte is great.
More than anything, neutral color palette. Reds/orange not a big fan of. Flock more to blue/green/yellow.

Matte, one maybe a second color highlight... black on black ? The color should be in the shaft.

I like muted looking tops with greys and blacks with a little splash of colour. Bottom and face - I’m all in.

I’ve really liked the looks of a couple TaylorMade drivers; namely the M3 (which I game, and the SIM). And of those two, I prefer the SIM.

Ideally I'd like mine to be nice and clean with nothing visible from the top as well as being dark in color. However, I have a TaylorMade R11 4W that is white which has been my go to club that will be VERY hard to part with.

I’m an oddball in that I don’t have much of a preference as long as it looks good. Plain and understated is fine, lots of geegaws and widgets is fine, but as long as it all works together. I really couldn’t care less about the sole of the club, even if it’s ugly. I really like the CF look we’re seeing more of though.

Back