Driver Launching Too High

Any time I am ballooning, I tee it up 1/4" lower, and it usually helps.
Mmmm, that will usually get you to reduce how much you hit up on the ball, which will reduce loft, but it may increase the spin rate, a lot if your AoA turns negative. This is what is meant by ballooning. Elevation from high spin as the ball approaches the top so that the ball drops from there precipitously. A 1/4 inch adjustment when the dynamic loft is too high may be just fine. But it's easy to overdo it. Especially since many amateur golfers already have a negative AoA.

I do the same thing. For me it's a combo of over the top and early release. I am working on it now. Golfdistillery.com has some really good info to help you figure it out. You can also take a few lessons.

Crap, you might be right. I was specifically fit for this F9 as part of the Morgan Cup, but of course I wasn't putting it up against other drivers (except my F8+). As much as I love the F9, I can't say that it is the perfect driver for me because I haven't checked the rest.
Where do you have the weights on the F9? Putting the larger weight in front will kill the spin and change the trajectory. You will be giving up forgiveness though.

Where do you have the weights on the F9? Putting the larger weight in front will kill the spin and change the trajectory. You will be giving up forgiveness though.
I've got the larger weight up front.

I've got the larger weight up front.

I put the 18 gram up front and my spin is where it should be now. The spinny Drive really sucks, so I know what you are going through.

Your driver can go down another half degree which might help a little. You can also try the draw setting if you are hitting a soft fade. Both of these may help reduce your dynamic loft a little.

Before messing with anything I would get your numbers. Main thing being launch, spin, and ballspeed. Titleist has a number of charts that can help steer you towards more optimal launch conditions. I would also check your strike.

The other thing is going to a lesson. You may have sort of flip going or presenting extra loft through an open face. Maybe a technique change will flatten out your drives.

Lastly, you can look at an equipment change.

Back