Driver Length Test

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is going on now in the THP Tech Studio and we will have a video on it coming up.
Testing at multiple lengths including this crazy one.

Interesting and I will enjoy the data but I am not sure I will ever put anything in the bag over 44.5. Just seems to be a good length for me to find center face and have more accuracy. I am willing to give up some yardage to be more accurate. I don’t typically have a distance issue to begin with.

Curious to see how this works out.

so curious to me. I've gone with shorter drivers the last couple times, now I'm interested in going back the other way.

oh my did the Tech Studio need to be expanded in fear of hitting the back wall or ceiling?

Interested to see the results of this testing.

this will be fun for sure

I have my own little test going on. It isn't the same exact shaft as I didn't want to spend $300 on the expirement but I have a 47.5" driver I am playing around with on the launch monitor. I need to reglue the shaft because the epoxy I had was old but the early returns are interesting.

1611251349881.png

oh my did the Tech Studio need to be expanded in fear of hitting the back wall or ceiling?

Interested to see the results of this testing.

No sir. All clear.

I have my own little test going on. It isn't the same exact shaft as I didn't want to spend $300 on the expirement but I have a 47.5" driver I am playing around with on the launch monitor. I need to reglue the shaft because the epoxy I had was old but the early returns are interesting.

Its been fun because we have been able to use the exact same shaft and cut accordingly.

Its been fun because we have been able to use the exact same shaft and cut accordingly.

That would have been my preference. Finding blanks to finish over 47.5 is hard also.

Does longer mean faster? Does longer mean longer? Does longer mean better for the avg joe? Guess we will find out.

I play my clubs +1/2" but my standard driver shaft broke and is playing at about -2" or -3". Have been really curious how this has been affecting my tempo and distance.

No sir. All clear.

I was just going to ask if you used the same shaft. will be interesting. I had a 48 inch driver for a bit about 10 years ago when I did some long drive stuff. For me it equaled about 10 MPH more ball speed and about 6-7 MPH club head speed when swung well. When not on, I was actually slower with it. It takes some practice to get used to moving that much length..

Will be very interesting to see the results here. I'm sure a number of us are/have considered it.

This was fun. Surprisingly I was able to put a few good swings on the long driver, I mean if 285 carry sounds fun 😂

Bryson has nothing on the Tech Studio ;)

Will be interesting to see how the control of such a long driver goes. How many fairways hit versus the distance gained.

We have the data. ;)

@jdtox brought it and this one was a LOT of fun to witness. Very very very cool, and pretty surprising to witness in person.

Almost 50"....that'll be some crazy numbers to see.

Really interested to see the efficiency based on length!

Good one!

What does Nelly have to do with Driver testing. Unless it's getting 🔥 in here. :p
That's Fifty Cent. Or, that's what popped up when I searched Fifty Cent.

Back