Driver Length Test

Any hints when this video might drop?

The longest tee ball shots I've ever struck were with a 48" shafted driver. The negative to such a long shaft was that the swing timing required to strike straight shots with it was too different from all the other clubs within the bag.

The longest tee ball shots I've ever struck were with a 48" shafted driver. The negative to such a long shaft was that the swing timing required to strike straight shots with it was too different from all the other clubs within the bag.

I second this. Between this, and the swingweight change, it’s incredibly foreign feeling at first. You go to transition and if you at all get quick, just start looking fore right.

I was just going to ask if you used the same shaft. will be interesting. I had a 48 inch driver for a bit about 10 years ago when I did some long drive stuff. For me it equaled about 10 MPH more ball speed and about 6-7 MPH club head speed when swung well. When not on, I was actually slower with it. It takes some practice to get used to moving that much length..

Yup. When I teach speed, it’s all about “cracking the whip”.

I’ve coached many sports now and every single speed move made by a human is about maximizing levers and teaching them to “crack a whip”.

Super simple in concept. So hard to make work.

Huh?

We actually agree on something? Carry on good sir.

All I could think when swinging this was don’t hit the ceiling 😂

44.5” is the magic length fro. The various videos and readings I’ve done. It is apparently the perfect match of consistency and distance.

Back