Aceman

Reaction score
Handicap
This is my first post on this site. If this post is in the wrong place, please don't kill me.. haha

Alright, I currently hit a Callaway Diablo 2009 driver stiff shaft 10* N. My previous drivers have been 9.5. But, this particular model did not have a 9.5* option. I have always hit this driver relatively high, but accurate. You can't complain about fairways, but I know I am capable of more distance than what I currently hit. The high launch is not my issue with this club, but the lack of roll is. My shots are all flight with very little roll. I am definitely looking at getting a new driver, and really like the way I hit the Titleist 910 D2 9.5* Driver with the RIP Stiff shaft. I was thinking this would be a good move because I could tweak settings to see what fit me best. Is this a good move? Should I consider a different ball also? I just want my driver distance back! Hope you can help.

Before looking to change drivers, you may want to look into changing out the shaft to a better fitting shaft for you with a lower launch. It is all about finding the proper launch numbers and it sounds to me light right now you are most likely generating too much spin off the tee and it is launching high and landing soft.

Launching high and landing soft.. Exactly. Ya, but for me it is just time for a fresh club in the bag. I know it won't necessarily fix my problem, I just like the club a lot. Any tips for keeping launch and spin down as far as equipment goes?

Launching high and landing soft.. Exactly. Ya, but for me it is just time for a fresh club in the bag. I know it won't necessarily fix my problem, I just like the club a lot. Any tips for keeping launch and spin down as far as equipment goes?

Getting fit.

Agree with JB - it could be the shaft offering and not the club head. I also like your comment on balls. Personally, of the two balls I play regularly, I hit the Srixon Zstar X about 5-8 yards farther than I hit the Titleist Pro V1x. Just a thought, I don't know know what ball you play but it can make a noticeable difference.

I was actually considering giving Srixon a try! I am also looking into getting new irons. Currently have r7 draw. Would you guys recommend burner 1.0 or burner 2.0. How do you recommend I get fitted?

I was actually considering giving Srixon a try! How do you recommend I get fitted?
The Srixon Zstar x is a low spin ball. Way way more durable than Titleist. Similar feel in my opinion. Really cheap right now if you can find last years model. Like $20 a dozen right now. Go to your nearest Golf Tec. I had a great experience there. Highly recommend them.

Getting fit.

JB is right on. You need to go through a proper fitting to get everything correct. You will be happy you did once you go through it. Fittings are easier than ever right now, and there are thousands of fitters out there.

Back