Driver Setup Off Toe

I used impact tape on my driver a couple months ago and found heel hits. A quick search and discovered this. Lining my ball up to the toe of the driver resulted in center hits and a gain of 30-40 yards.

I saw this thread a couple of weeks ago. I immediately took a look at my driver face which I hadn't cleaned in a few rounds, and wouldn't you know it...consistent heel hits. I did what was mentioned earlier in the thread and it makes total sense that I'm getting heel hits when starting my alignment from the ground.

2 rounds since getting a new shaft and aligning on the toe and I'm driving the ball so much more consistently. I'm still fighting my swing a bit but my miss is staying in play, and that's all I've been searching for most of the season.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Good bump. This is something I need to try stat.

3rd round since seeing this thread and I'm driving the ball so much better. Played Westchester Country Club South (the "ladies" course haha), only had one or two fade off to the right on me, and the rest were generally struck solidly. I can't believe something so simple would help so much. As usual though I can't pair it with the rest of my game haha...driving it well and putting well, but can't hit a green from 150 in...freaking golf

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I just started doing this a few days ago, and it has totally helped me to get the driver much straighter. I've been using impact tape and looking, and my ball striking is so much closer to center if not on center on most shots. my misses are also no longer a crazy, won't find it because it travelled off to two fairways over slice.

Think about how often you follow through and step towards the ball, vs away from the ball. It's to push your hips at the hitting target, thus heeling.

I would also like to add that strong grip vs weak grip is also very important with the driver.

I figured this out on my own at about the same time I read about this at THP and watched the video. Yep, such an easy fix for a frustrating problem. Where was this 10 years ago?

I use this tip for my driver, my woods, and my hybrids, and my strikes and shot direction has really improved. This tip isn't applicable to me on irons tho.

Just now seeing this thread and watching the video on the first page... Wow I've been doing it wrong forever and I do see a bunch of heel hits. Something to try next time I'm out on the range.

So what happened when you tried this?
Just now seeing this thread and watching the video on the first page... Wow I've been doing it wrong forever and I do see a bunch of heel hits. Something to try next time I'm out on the range.

So what happened when you tried this?
Just tried it yesterday during my round and was the best driving I have had in awhile. Full disclosure, I also changed something else in my swing, so could have been that too. It looked really weird at address and something that I'll need to work on to really trust it, but I wasn't missing heel side like I have been doing lately.

Something I'll keep working with though. I tried to get video from the range but apparently the wind changed the camera angle so only my top half is in view.

Back