Driver Shoot Out - Contest

you have to guess one finalist will be the obvious one ... the new nike ... at least based on what's in his bag currently ... upgrading it to the new one seems like a good bet ...

That was my pick

Played 18 today at Sarasota National with JB and the guys from Sligo. What fantastic guys. Really REALLY good players and farking hilarious. Hi.Larry.Us. I'll never think of Depends the same way again. Or at all without laughing.

Anyway . . . the last of the finalist in the driver Shoot Out got played today. Two drivers were definite stand outs. For me, they were just at a higher level over the other finalists. Frankly, I haven't made a final decision yet because they are so close. I keep waffling back and forth between the two.

A decision will be made very soon. And there will be no spreadsheets, graphs, pie charts, or even iPhone apps involved. For as research oriented and organized as I am in other facets of my life, when it comes to golf, I am very much a feel player. I might make a spreadsheet about which clubs I want to demo and how I can most efficiently and effectively go about demoing those clubs. But when it comes to making a decision, it's all about what works best based on what I feel from the club and what I see the ball do.

When we reveal the finalists and the winners, I think there will be both some surprises and also some things that were expected. One thing I can say is that this process has only strengthened my belief that, when it comes to evaluating equipment for your game, there is no substitute for putting a club in your bag and playing it.

Thanks, Harry. So, as you said in an earlier post, The best ones on the range did not always transfer to the course, right?

he said it. i had to. it's longshanks for chrisssakes.

We know.

Key-lime-pie.jpg

How about a contest ti guess when the winner of this contest will be announced? LOL

We have been a tad bit busy, however Harry will be announcing the finalists tonight.

Driver Finalists (in alphabetical order) :

Adams Speedline 9032LS
Callaway Diablo Edge
Callaway FT Tour
Cleveland DST Tour
Ping G15
TaylorMade Super Tri
Wilson Smooth

ahhhhhh I'm out of the running. Harry outta curiosity if u don't mind sharing what is your handicap?

Im still in it baby!
When is the winner announced of both your driver, and the contest?

Re: Driver Shoot Out - Contest

I'm still among the living....but seeing the list....I have a feeling about a different one.

oh well. good luck everyone.

woohoo I made it to the second round.

We know you have been busy and we are thankful for all of the hard work you guys and gal put in. Have fun this week.

still in it!!!!

Still in.

Keep going!

Still in. And still interested in what Harry picks as best for his game.

Back