Driver Shoot Out - Contest

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Now that the 2010 Driver Shoot Out has officially come to an end, THP wants to make sure that our wonderful forum members get to enjoy it as much as we did. So we are going to do something very different and hopefully a whole lot of fun.

Harry Longshanks, winner of the PGA Show Trip Contest, will be in FL starting tomorrow night and we have requested that he hit every single driver that was in the shoot out and give us his thoughts. There are 22 drivers in all and he will choose his "winner" of sorts for his game.

Here is the contest
You will guess which driver Mr. Longshanks will pick to win his personal Driver Test Drive. If you pick correctly, you will win one of the drivers that was entered in the shoot out.

Rules
Only one entry per person
Answers to questions (your entry) must be emailed to contests@thehackersparadise.com
Please include your screen name or your entry will not be counted.
The deadline of this contest Monday January 25th, 2010 at 7pm EST. All entries must be received by then to be considered.
You must be a registered forum member with at least 5 posts to submit your entry. Registration is always fast, free, and easy.
The Hackers Paradise - Enhanced Image Captcha

Misc
By entering this contest you agree to post pictures of your prize, should you win, in our Contest Winners Thread in our forum.

Prize
If you guess the driver that Harry Longshanks picks as his personal favorite, you will win 1 of the drivers that was involved in the THP Driver Shoot Out. We will work with you and make sure that you get a driver that fits your game and can be given away rather than choosing the driver for you.

If more than 1 person picks the correct the answer (which we assume will happen), all the names with the correct answer will be put into a hat and a winner will be chosen randomly.

Entries
Adams Fast 10
Adams Speedline 9032 LS
Bridgestone J38
Callaway FT Tour
Callaway Diablo Edge
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour
Callaway FT-iz
Cleveland DST
Cleveland DST Tour
Cobra ZL
Fourteen Golf JC-909
Geek Dot.com This
Nike Victory Red
Nike MachSpeed
Ping G15
Ping I15
Powerbilt Air Force One Air Foil Tour
Srixon ZTX
TaylorMade Burner Super Fast
TaylorMade R9 Super Tri
Tour Edge Exotics XCG3
Wilson Staff Smooth

There are only a few days to enter, so get your entry in NOW!
768355489_xcbqj-M-2.jpg

Great contest. Except we gotta think like Harry? Now THAT's scary! hehehe

This looks like a fun one.

Super jealous of Mr. Longshanks....not only does he get to attend the PGA show with THP, but his own personal driver shoot-out session. Pretty cool stuff!

Thanks again THP for another great contest!

Very cool! Thanks THP!

Have a safe, fun trip Harry.

Mine's in.

Great idea!

Submitted my entry. Thanks for another terrific contest!

Do we get any hints about Harry's ability? Maybe a 'cap index, 'cap range, or how far he generally hits the ball off the tee?

I'm thinking he's a player. Great contest, by the way. What a prize this will be.

Kevin

Do we get any hints about Harry's ability? Maybe a 'cap index, 'cap range, or how far he generally hits the ball off the tee?

I'm thinking he's a player. Great contest, by the way. What a prize this will be.

Kevin

Nope. No hints at all. hehe

I'm in (if you ship to Canada) :)

We do ship to Canada.

I'm in, thanks THP!

Ah getting inside Harry's head... I'm in.

Nope. No hints at all. hehe

As I figured, but you can't blame a guy for trying. LOL. Harry's golf skills shall remain shrouded in mystery. We know more about his snow boarding ability and his snoring. I'll extrapolate from there using highly complex mathematical systems. I'll enter after the numbers are crunched. I may batter some with my cod tonight for extra crunchiness.

Kevin

As I figured, but you can't blame a guy for trying. LOL. Harry's golf skills shall remain shrouded in mystery. We know more about his snow boarding ability and his snoring. I'll extrapolate from there using highly complex mathematical systems. I'll enter after the numbers are crunched. I may batter some with my cod tonight for extra crunchiness.

Kevin

I just spit soda out of my mouth from laughter. :alien:

This'll be a tricky one. If all else fails, I can just randomly pick one :D

Got my entry in!!

Last edited:
I'm in! Boy I hope I win, the old Callaway C4 is begging for retirement. Come on Harry, I hope we think alike on this subject.

Sweet contest, JB. There was a thread earlier that essentially asked what would it take for you to get a new driver. At the time I said it would take my current driver breaking. I would like to amend that post to include "winning the Driver Shoot-Out Contest!" Of course, I suppose I could purposefully break my current driver if I were to win.

This will be fun, I'm in!

this is a tough one. Harry-travel safe and enjoy your stay. My uncle will be at the show and I told him to stop by and see the THP folks. Please don't bite.

I am in. Safe travel, Harry.

Great idea for a contest. I can only hope my name is drawn out of the hat, because I know which driver can have a spot in my bag anytime. :silly:

I'm in...

Hope he has a great time in FL.

I think mine is in. However should I win, ( a stretch in itself) I might need some help on posting the pict. I know I picked the correct club he should be using. It was a "no brainer". :D

Back