Driver Shoot Out - Contest

Hola

Hola

Still in it:alien2:

Entry submitted, and fingers crossed. Is the minimum posts required before the contest is judged, or at time of entry? (the contest didn't spur me to register, though it would have if I hadn't already done so).

Edit: entry submitted a couple days ago.

I'm out. This game sucks! :)

My new prediction is the one that I am sure nobody picked.

the Wilson Smoooooothhhh...........

still in it baby !!!

(yes i've been told i say baby exasperatingly too much, not unlike kojak)

but hey ... it's what i do baby !!!

I'm out. This game sucks! :)

My new prediction is the one that I am sure nobody picked.

the Wilson Smoooooothhhh...........

Surprised me it was there.

Post deleted. Explanation given. Non-issue.

-Harry

Can I pick again? my keyboard made a mistake. Good Luck guys and gals.

[SIZE=-1]A "fog"? "Something funny" about TaylorMade and "this place"? I hope I'm mistaken in my interpretation, but it sounds to me like you are suggesting that there is some sort of improper or undisclosed agreement between TaylorMade and THP about how the results of reviews or testing should turn out.

Perhaps you should take a moment to clarify your statement before I take a moment to respond to what I think I just read.
[/SIZE]

I don't think he meant anything sinister Harry. Didn't get any feel for him suggesting or emphasizing anything funny or slanted.

I think he just meant TaylorMade has a strong presence here (which if anything, considering the variety and quality of members here, just legitimizes TaylorMade even more as a company golfers of all abilities choose for their golfing equipment), and he used the metaphor of fog to show how widespread it is (maybe fog was a poor choice, but seemingly an innocent one). I wouldn't read anymore into it, but that's just me.

With all that said, more reporting please! :clapp:

[SIZE=-1]A "fog"? "Something funny" about TaylorMade and "this place"? I hope I'm mistaken in my interpretation, but it sounds to me like you are suggesting that there is some sort of improper or undisclosed agreement between TaylorMade and THP about how the results of reviews or testing should turn out.

Perhaps you should take a moment to clarify your statement before I take a moment to respond to what I think I just read.
[/SIZE]

Never would i accuse you, GG, or JB of being on the take, and trust me, JB knows that.

And Vicar's right on with his assessment. No harm meant at all, just that TM seems to have a strong presence here. There's nothing wrong with that, just an observation. "Fog" may have been a poor choice of wording but it was supposed to be funny, i guess it wasn't, sorry to stir up the pot.

I don't think he meant anything sinister Harry. Didn't get any feel for him suggesting or emphasizing anything funny or slanted.

I think he just meant TaylorMade has a strong presence here (which if anything, considering the variety and quality of members here, just legitimizes TaylorMade even more as a company golfers of all abilities choose for their golfing equipment), and he used the metaphor of fog to show how widespread it is (maybe fog was a poor choice, but seemingly an innocent one). I wouldn't read anymore into it, but that's just me.

With all that said, more reporting please! :clapp:

I read the post and didn't read anything too blatantly inappropriate. Perhaps a bad choice of words with "fog" but he apologized for that. Nothing to see here folks, carry on.

I thought that post was a friendly jab at large number of posters here who have TM equipment and thier possibly 'hype-inspired' support for TaylorMade- which in turn would have most of them guessing a TM product in this type of blind contest.

But not that Harry or any of the THP folks were 'on the take' or promoting TP over other companies or anything.

The fog of marketing is certianly out there. It doesn't mean products are not good, but it can be tough to set aside all the marketing sometimes and just judge by performance.

Probably for another thread, but I bet the marketing, cool, hot, factor has as much impact on sales as the actual performance of the club. Most new golfers and causal golfers are pre-wired to know that 'Nike, Callaway and TM' are good clubs and I am sure many buy them even if they are not suited to them or even if they are really bad models. While a company like Nickent goes under because most don't even look at it.

I am still very impressed that the Wilson Smooth made it to Harry's short list.

Never would i accuse you, GG, or JB of being on the take, and trust me, JB knows that.

And Vicar's right on with his assessment. No harm meant at all, just that TM seems to have a strong presence here. There's nothing wrong with that, just an observation. "Fog" may have been a poor choice of wording but it was supposed to be funny, i guess it wasn't, sorry to stir up the pot.

He is my brother so I know exactly what he is saying, we talk about it A LOT. The fact that Taylor Made makes some of the best equipment in the industry....my last 4 drivers have been Taylor Made, and my last set of irons were Taylor Made. RAC OS, I loved them and the only reason why I switched was because I wanted to get my irons custom fitted and I payed $290 for a brand new set of fitted nike victory reds. Sold my Taylor Mades for $200. But, people as a WHOLE tend to lean towards Taylor Made, not just JB or GG or anyone in particular for that matter. Just a strong presence in this forum, because they have great equipment. I think it was looked into WAY too much and I can tell you that my brother has a bad choice of words sometimes. He loves this site, we both do! So, I can tell you that he would never say anything to harm THP's wonderful reputation.

He is my brother so I know exactly what he is saying, we talk about it A LOT. The fact that Taylor Made makes some of the best equipment in the industry....my last 4 drivers have been Taylor Made, and my last set of irons were Taylor Made. RAC OS, I loved them and the only reason why I switched was because I wanted to get my irons custom fitted and I payed $290 for a brand new set of fitted nike victory reds. Sold my Taylor Mades for $200. But, people as a WHOLE tend to lean towards Taylor Made, not just JB or GG or anyone in particular for that matter. Just a strong presence in this forum, because they have great equipment. I think it was looked into WAY too much and I can tell you that my brother has a bad choice of words sometimes. He loves this site, we both do! So, I can tell you that he would never say anything to harm THP's wonderful reputation.
I forgot to mention, thats why we come here for equipment choices, Golf Digest or other golf magazines may try to "fog" the market with their "hot list", which is misleading, the part we love here is that its not about what is hot but what works.....i.e. the Wilson Smooth

I'm proud to be your brother, thanks bud.

Yeah, I chose my words un-wisely, it's something that unfortunately, i do a lot. What else can I say?

I'm proud to be your brother, thanks bud.

Yeah, I chose my words un-wisely, it's something that unfortunately, i do a lot. What else can I say?

I agree, tc meant no harm in his comments. But I say toss him out of the contest ( hey one less person to content with for me) .

Ok just kidding, I like tc, he can stay. Toss Smalls out instead!!!

Yes, you did and I can see how people can take it what you said the wrong way - I had to read it twice myself. I think Harry is running on very little sleep or he would have remembered all of your other posts which show how much you respect JB, GG and THP.

I chose the wrong driver - big surprise.

I also say stupid things fairly often so you're in good company - another big surprise.

I agree, tc meant no harm in his comments. But I say toss him out of the contest ( hey one less person to content with for me) .

Wow, I really hope we have different picks Smalls is probably making a voodoo doll right now for you!:eyepoke:

Don't worry WR, i didn't make it through round 1. And i say we keep Smalls. Without him we wouldn't have any activity in the college basketball thread.

Wow, I really hope we have different picks Smalls is probably making a voodoo doll right now for you!:eyepoke:

I have to put my faith in Harry to pick the driver I chose, then I need to put my faith in whomever is picking the name out of the hat ( assuming others have picked it) to pick mine. I don't have enough faith left to battle Smalls and any voodoo witchcraft :laughing: I will take my chances that his is as skilled at voodoo as he is at picking sports correctly :laughing:

Yes, you did and I can see how people can take it what you said the wrong way - I had to read it twice myself. I think Harry is running on very little sleep or he would have remembered all of your other posts which show how much you respect JB, GG and THP.

I chose the wrong driver - big surprise.

I also say stupid things fairly often so you're in good company - another big surprise.

It's something that i'm working really hard on improving in my life.......thinking before i speak. Looks like it's time to schedule another session.

Back