Driver Shoot Out - Contest

Back on topic or we will lock this thread up guys. Sorry, companies donated prizes and would like to hear about their products. We have hundreds of banter away threads.

My bad...

Has he narrowed down his finalists any more?

My bad...

Has he narrowed down his finalists any more?

We are at the PGA Show putting up pictures of demo day. At the conclusion to the show, a winner will be announced.

We are at the PGA Show putting up pictures of demo day. At the conclusion to the show, a winner will be announced.

When is the conclusion?

Saturday afternoon.

Re: Driver Shoot Out - Contest

I thought about picking the TM driver, but a friend raved about the club I ended up picking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I picked the TM Super Fast purely out of stubbornness and now I think I'm even falling out of love with it.

I can only imagine how tough it was for Harry to choose a favorite out of that entire collection after a little range time and some course work. I'm sure his head will be so filled with golf information after this week he won't need to do any research about clubs till next year.

Last edited:
Harry picked a winner 2 days ago.

We just aren't announcing it yet because there is more to it than just saying "And the winner is . . ." Companies have to be notified, photos have to be taken, and arrangements have to be made with the winner, if any (it is possible that no one picked the club I picked); or a tiebreaker has to be set up in the case of multiple people picking the club I chose.

And we just don't have time for that right now. I slept 4 hours last night and it looks like I will get about the same tonight because I am still working. Each day, breakfast is meetings with companies, lunch is meetings with companies, drinks is meetings with companies, and dinner is meeting with companies. The spaces in between are filled with demo day (Wed. And FYI, no one from THP had time to demo a single product because we were taking photos and videos and interviewing companies) and the Merchandise Show (Thurs., Fri., and Sat.). We are covering every single company at the Show. Saturday I go straight from the show to the airport where I spend the next 12 hours in airports, on airplanes, and in taxis.

And I am grateful for your guys' hard work. Thank you, Harry, JB and GG. Looking forward to hearing your choice later this week.

Harry Longshanks, you take as long as you need to pick the lucky winner. A week, two weeks, whatever. No time frame issues from this end. :D

We just aren't announcing it yet because there is more to it than just saying "And the winner is . . ." Companies have to be notified, photos have to be taken, and arrangements have to be made with the winner, if any (it is possible that no one picked the club I picked); or a tiebreaker has to be set up in the case of multiple people picking the club I chose.

And we just don't have time for that right now. I slept 4 hours last night and it looks like I will get about the same tonight because I am still working. Each day, breakfast is meetings with companies, lunch is meetings with companies, drinks is meetings with companies, and dinner is meeting with companies. The spaces in between are filled with demo day (Wed. And FYI, no one from THP had time to demo a single product because we were taking photos and videos and interviewing companies) and the Merchandise Show (Thurs., Fri., and Sat.). We are covering every single company at the Show. Saturday I go straight from the show to the airport where I spend the next 12 hours in airports, on airplanes, and in taxis.

If Harry was a woman I dare say I'd call him hysterical :laughing:

Maybe next year THP adds a few more reporters to ease everyone's load.

Hang in there Harry, you're doing a admirable job!

Just don't go Jack Longshanks Nicholson The Shining on the PGA Show floor

AllWorkAndNoPlay.jpg

All work and no play makes Harry a dull boy.
All work and no play makes Harry a dull boy.
All work and no play makes harry a dull boy.
..... :smile-big:

Last edited:
Harry, did you win this as a prize?

Lucky the winner was someone with the know how to help out as much as you are!

Thanks and good luck with the rest of the show.

Thank you Harry. I am sure it is hectic at the show. There is no better time to make contact with a company than face to face. Take your time. We have plenty of show coverage to read.

If Harry was a woman I dare say I'd call him hysterical :laughing:

Maybe next year THP adds a few more reporters to ease everyone's load. Hang in there Harry, you're doing a admirable job!

Just don't go Jack Longshanks Nicholson The Shining on the PGA Show floor

First off to Harry JB and GG you are all doing a wonderful job and we all appreciate it very much.

Harry I congratulate you on the decision you did make for your driver, I hope it brings to your game everything you expect. I am not sure under the circumstances I could of made such a decision with all th eoptions available but I would of loved to try it.:D

To vicar's point listed above, I don't know if it is possible to just add people to attend, I think there might be some cost in doing so. But for the sake of this response let's say that is not the case. I might suggest adding couple of ladies, and a low, mid, and high hadicapper to go to the show and be "representative of their group" . Like stated previously, this would divide the work and allow some fun to be had by all. (not that they are not enjoying themselves).

Sorry to go off topic here, but I wanted to answer this question with contest links:

The contest thread: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6757

The THP vote: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7272

Winner Announcement thread: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7307

Sorry to go off topic here, but I wanted to answer this question with contest links:

The contest thread: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6757

Winner Announcement thread: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7307

Just look at the efficiency out of Mr. Smalls! WOW buddy, nice work!

Harry- I will agree with these guys and tell you to take as much time as you'd like, besides it'll be at least June, maybe July before all our snow is gone anyway so WHEN I win this contest I'll just have to look at my beautiful new driver in the corner of the room, both of us just dying to get out and play golf.

Thanks again for all your efforts, you're representing THP and us common folk here at the forum very well, we're all proud of you pal!

Thanks for clearing that up Smallville.

Part of me wants to re-iterate what everyone else is saying and tell Harry to take his time. That would be lying tho, I can't wait to find out!

All in your own time tho Harry, we appreciate how busy things are at the mo.

Yes and I was the runner-up. I was hoping Harry would get sick or something so JB would have to call me out of the bullpen to take his place. No such luck....next time I'll have to send some wise guyz to 'visit' Harry...

I don't know what Harry picked but I will say that the driver i would pick for myself is not what I picked for him. I like the Callaway Edge or the Nike MachSpeed. I have hit the Diablo from Callaway last year and I really liked it so I can only imagine what this years model will be like.

One more day untill we hear the results!! Woohoo

Does that mean we will have to share Claire?

It will be funny after all this if no one picked the same driver as Harry. I know the odds are small but it would be too funny :D

Back