Driver Shootout Contest - Harry's Pick

well I was close I also picked the G15, I thought because he would have some favoritism from his irons that he was playing before the TM. Well whoever picked the FT-Tour congrats!!!

That was my thought process too, the only drivers I even considered for him were the G15 and the SuperTri.

well I was close I also picked the G15, I thought because he would have some favoritism from his irons that he was playing before the TM. Well whoever picked the FT-Tour congrats!!!

That was my thought process too, the only drivers I even considered for him were the G15 and the SuperTri.

I thought that might happen. And I would probably do the same thing if I was the one guessing. Because, I mean, what else would you have to go on, right?

But I really do just swing away and pick the one that works the best for me - whether I'm testing for THP or picking out a new club at the local store.

Nice write-up Harry!

I picked the G15 also.

I picked the tri as Harry's pick, and would have picked the Callaway FT for myself had I won. Anguish!

Interesting write up. Must have seemed like an overwhelming choice at the beginning- but you narrowed it down really well. The big surpises for me were the two tour drivers and the Wilson Smooth ending up near the top. I guess it goes to show that its worth trying out everything.

I had the MachSpeed as my choice, figured you were aleady familure with the Nike feel and so would not have any issues with the acuracy that were reported in the shootout- so the extra distance would make it a winner.

I had you picking the G15. I thought you might pick the Super-Tri or possible the Cleveland. Very good write up. Thanks.

Edit: Did anyone pick the Callaway FT Tour?

Last edited:
You couldn't have selected a less expensive driver? Oy vey...$500! :bulgy-eyes:

You couldn't have selected a less expensive driver? Oy vey...$500! :bulgy-eyes:

I had no information about price, availability, release dates, specifications, advertising, etc. I didn't want anything to potentially cloud my judgment.

But yeah, $500. Ouch.

Im very surprised by the Tour drivers making your Longshank Finals too. What did you think about the regular 460 DST? Was it just too big or too long? Wait...nm. lol. Another solid showing for the Diablo Edge too. That looks like its going to be a damn good stick!

I am curious to know whether you think fatigue played any part in your choice after making that many hard swings? I know that if I hit 50 balls with a driver or FW or whatever I will start to go a little off with whatever is in my hands at the time, and it has nothing to do with the club. Just wondering if that was a consideration during your decision process. Did you hit the winning driver early in the testing or late? BTW I hit that new Speedline driver with an X shaft in the long drive contest at the Golf Expo last weekend and it is a great club, I can see why it finished so high up on your list.

He actually rotated the drivers after almost every swing so that fatigue did not play a role.

He actually rotated the drivers after almost every swing so that fatigue did not play a role.

Harry is nothing if not obsessive methodical.

Back