Driver versus Iron swing

Do you have a consistent shot pattern or shot shape with your drive. or do you get up there and sometimes you're presented with a fade and sometimes your present to with a draw. what are we looking at? That will tell me a lot about why your iron play isn't as sharp you would like

As of now, I aim towards the right side of FW's. With that I tend to pull it back to center or left, more left center.

As of now, I aim towards the right side of FW's. With that I tend to pull it back to center or left, more left center.

We have a swing issue that is easily corrected. Based on what we have discussed you have a hang back no hip release pull. Now the hip rehearse it delayed more than no existent. So what I'd like to see is you do is swing out to the right. This will require more of an inside takeaway and a swing path just right of center.

If you must get the swing started with the lower body in order fit this to work. Start out with smooth one speed swings. We aren't looking for distance but a repeatable feeling. Find a tempo that works and allows you to swing to a balanced finish.

I am assuming a lot about your swing and giving you one thing to work on. PleAse work on this and let me know how it works. This same swing is for driver and irons. Only the ball position will change based on the club being used

Deleted

Last edited:
We have a swing issue that is easily corrected. Based on what we have discussed you have a hang back no hip release pull. Now the hip rehearse it delayed more than no existent. So what I'd like to see is you do is swing out to the right. This will require more of an inside takeaway and a swing path just right of center.

If you must get the swing started with the lower body in order fit this to work. Start out with smooth one speed swings. We aren't looking for distance but a repeatable feeling. Find a tempo that works and allows you to swing to a balanced finish.

I am assuming a lot about your swing and giving you one thing to work on. PleAse work on this and let me know how it works. This same swing is for driver and irons. Only the ball position will change based on the club being used

Thanks dude, I am going to work on 80 yard shots with tempo

Freddie,

So I played yesterday and really tried to keep a good tempo and I also really focused on keeping my spine angle in the same position, I have a tendency to really drop down on driver and iron shots. Now, with this I was making great contact with my irons but started hitting huge draws (not hooks) in the 30-50 yard range. I had to aim so far right I couldn't find a consistent target to line up to. I was fit to 3* up, should I think about lowering my lie angle a degree or two?

I am playing again this coming Sunday so I should get a good feel for the changes in my swing.

Freddie,

So I played yesterday and really tried to keep a good tempo and I also really focused on keeping my spine angle in the same position, I have a tendency to really drop down on driver and iron shots. Now, with this I was making great contact with my irons but started hitting huge draws (not hooks) in the 30-50 yard range. I had to aim so far right I couldn't find a consistent target to line up to. I was fit to 3* up, should I think about lowering my lie angle a degree or two?

I am playing again this coming Sunday so I should get a good feel for the changes in my swing.

Sounds like you need to adjust you swing path. Sounds like you are too far inside as you deliver the club into the ball. Try taking the club back on a straighter path and your down swing should be close to the same.

Back