Driver vs Putter - What Have You Spent More Money On?

golfinnut

DANNY LE! WHAT A GUY!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
HEAT!
Looking in the corner of the Nut Cave this morning, I realized I have a lot of clubs ... full sets of irons, wedges, a lot of Drivers & a lot of Putters just laying around. (I have a hard time letting go! :ROFLMAO:)

It got me thinking about how much money I have spent on golf clubs over a long period of time. What have a spent more money on ..... Drivers or Putters? Considering that I always want "shiny & new" when the new releases come out, it seems I spend more money on Drivers. With the release dates every other year typically & putters just seem to come out whenever with no real release date per se. Cost of drivers nowadays ..... upwards of $500. Where I have never spent higher than $300 for a putter. But in my collection, I seem to have more putters than drivers. I could buy 2 putters in every year to the one driver every other year. So I guess it makes sense.

So THP .... in your collection of clubs, do you have more Drivers or more Putters? Which have you spent more money on? :unsure:

Right now definitely putters

5 years ago it was driver as I used to buy a few every year but I’ve only bought a Wilson Cortex in the last two years that never made it to the course. I have about 40 putters now and those purchases have accelerated with 6 new ones since our golf season ended in October so definitely putters. I have my eye on a couple Toulon’s right now, lol.

I have more putters. Total spend might be higher on putters but individual clubs I have spent more per club on drivers. From where I am sitting I can see 8 putters and one driver and my playing set isn't in this room.

I like my current putter a lot (Bettinardi BB45) but I admit I am thinking about a Triple Track 10 or a TM Spider Tour.

Multiple drivers and ol' reliable putter since 09

Wayyyyyy more putters. I don't go through too many drivers, and the ones I have gone through have ended up being given to family members.

I have had the same putter for 10 years! So.... Definitely spent more on Drivers. Have had three over my career.

Way more drivers for me

it's even at this point but putters pulling ahead in the home stretch....

More than half of my putters were purchased on CPO or eBay for under $100 but very recently I’ve gotten a little pickier with sound & feel since getting a Toulon Las Vegas and putting a KBS CT Tour shaft in it. I now fear that all my putters will be in the $180-$500 range and may require a different shaft. Since I’m now buying about 10 putters a year it will start to add up to some real $$.

Lmao, putters and it’s not even fractionally close for me.

I have had the same putter for 10 years! So.... Definitely spent more on Drivers. Have had three over my career.
Hey as long as it gets the ball in the hole, who cares how old it is (y)

Drivers for me. I tend to keep my putters a long time.

Definitely driver

My putter is from 1988, so I guess my driver purchase wins this one. Still under 300 with shaft change, though.

Putter because my last driver purchased was one with trade ins where the $400 driver ended up costing me $100.

Putters by a long shot. Only have 2 drivers but have 10 putters. Drivers are moved once they are replaced with newer technology.

Ive got one of each... driver and putter. I can’t seem to find do my previous clubs that I had. I think they went to the metal recyclers when I cleaned out my sheet. No big loss though as they were clubs no one wanted.

Only had three putters in my years of golfing. Can't even count the number of drivers. I've had three in the span of the last year and a half so I've spent way more on drivers for sure

I have spent way more money on Drivers. I have changed drivers every other year or yearly depending on the market for new items.

Putterwise, I have to say thank you to THP on this part. Since joining putters have been my niche. Won an EXO Indy (fantastic putter), selected to review the Ping Sigma 2 Fetch (loved the adjustability, the face insert, and the hole to pick up the ball. didn't like the metal which was easily marked up when the club banged against other items), selected to The THP Odyssey Experience where I was able to receive both a Stroke Lab and Toulon putter (My current gamer, the Las Vegas Toulon was customized by kickassclubs and I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone).

Looking in the corner of the Nut Cave this morning, I realized I have a lot of clubs ... full sets of irons, wedges, a lot of Drivers & a lot of Putters just laying around. (I have a hard time letting go! :ROFLMAO:)

It got me thinking about how much money I have spent on golf clubs over a long period of time. What have a spent more money on ..... Drivers or Putters? Considering that I always want "shiny & new" when the new releases come out, it seems I spend more money on Drivers. With the release dates every other year typically & putters just seem to come out whenever with no real release date per se. Cost of drivers nowadays ..... upwards of $500. Where I have never spent higher than $300 for a putter. But in my collection, I seem to have more putters than drivers. I could buy 2 putters in every year to the one driver every other year. So I guess it makes sense.

So THP .... in your collection of clubs, do you have more Drivers or more Putters? Which have you spent more money on? :unsure:

I likely have more drivers and I know I've spent more money on them over the years. In the mid-2000's, I bought in as a distributor for SMT. I sold many to friends, playing partners, forum members, and I sold most of my used drivers on eBay. I felt out a couple of putter companies in the same time frame, but never pulled the trigger on them.

putters, could have a bag full, change at different times to get out of a funk, drivers come and go, putters stay.

I have spent way more money on Drivers. I have changed drivers every other year or yearly depending on the market for new items.

Putterwise, I have to say thank you to THP on this part. Since joining putters have been my niche. Won an EXO Indy (fantastic putter), selected to review the Ping Sigma 2 Fetch (loved the adjustability, the face insert, and the hole to pick up the ball. didn't like the metal which was easily marked up when the club banged against other items), selected to The THP Odyssey Experience where I was able to receive both a Stroke Lab and Toulon putter (My current gamer, the Las Vegas Toulon was customized by kickassclubs and I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone).
Dude you must have the "Putter Tester" horseshoe 🐴👞 stuck up your *** LOL :ROFLMAO:

Spent more on drivers, but got way more bang for my buck on the putters!

Back